Notices

Living In Sobriety Pt 26

Old 11-25-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
let it grow!

to all the americans - HAPPY THANKS! to everyone else - CARRY ON!

back on monday or so ..
Old 11-25-2009, 06:30 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Don't start! :day6

you pup!

I mean dont start looking to get out of the meetings! I know what your head is telling you..
you can pray till the cows come home and live with a Budda .......but YOU Stone need a lot of meetings...a lot of interacting with members and a lot of KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
I don't call it "On the program" that's why I asked, I call it "Working a program"
Same thing.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I steam the green beans then add garlic and butter and slivered almonds, Yummy.

Candied Yams are Sweet Potatoes - Boil until soft, peel skin off, put in baking dish with melted butter, orange juice and brown sugar and bake until browned. OMG they are sooo good
ok I am gonna try this at the weekend.
Do they taste a lot different than roast potatoes??

Go you do your ham in honey? I mix brown sugar and colmans mustard together and rub it on the fat part. put in oven and yum yum
Old 11-25-2009, 06:34 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
you pup!

I mean dont start looking to get out of the meetings! I know what your head is telling you..
you can pray till the cows come home and live with a Budda .......but YOU Stone need a lot of meetings...a lot of interacting with members and a lot of KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!

You DON'T know what my head is telling me. I never mentioned praying (I don't pray) I never mentioned Buddha (WTF), I never implied I wasn't going to a meeting (I am).

Why do you think I am NOT KEEPING IT SIMPLE?

I really don't know what your problem with me is?
Old 11-25-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Actually I do pray, I say the step 3 prayer when I wake up, but that is the extent of my prayer. I "connect" through meditation.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I think your problem is dishonesty with yourself stone.
I think you complicate a simple program....

But enough said.....I dont have a problem with you and thats just my Observation of you.....carry on and continue do it your way .....you will get plenty of support Im sure of that.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:53 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
I think your problem is dishonesty with yourself stone.
I think you complicate a simple program....

But enough said.....I dont have a problem with you and thats just my Observation of you.....carry on and continue do it your way .....you will get plenty of support Im sure of that.

Just because I said the Program is more important than meetings does not mean I don't think meetings are important, I am still going every day.

How am I dishonest with myself? It is not fair to make a comment like that without saying why.

How do I complicate a simple program? Because I said I felt something spiritual happen in a meeting? Again, not fair to say it without explaining it.

What do you mean support for my way? First of all it is not MY way, I am doing AA. Support from who? Who is that a dig at?
Old 11-25-2009, 06:57 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I'm so tired of b.s.

I'm also just plain tired. Just got blood drawn as my thyroid is giving me trouble.

Louis - yes, darling, I'll get my own handcuffs (and pepper spray, woo hoo).
Old 11-25-2009, 06:57 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Yes, they are sweet Nel, they are orange in color. Have you ever eaten sweet potatoes?

Are you having your own American Thanksgiving this weekend
Old 11-25-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by stone View Post
You DON'T know what my head is telling me. I never mentioned praying (I don't pray) I never mentioned Buddha (WTF), I never implied I wasn't going to a meeting (I am).

Why do you think I am NOT KEEPING IT SIMPLE?

I really don't know what your problem with me is?
Whoa, slow down boy, whats going on with you today?
Old 11-25-2009, 07:02 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Old 11-25-2009, 07:02 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm so tired of b.s.

I'm also just plain tired
Me too Ro. I said the other day "I didn't get sober to be in so much pain" So now I am taking care of whatever ails me, just like you are doing. Ro, there are many with worse problems that you and I have, might not be what you need to hear but its true and I need to read what I am saying.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:04 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
Whoa, slow down boy, whats going on with you today?

I am fine, I don't know what is going on with Nelco.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:04 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

No Night Stick Ro? And don't forget the VIcks, Louis loves the smell. Vicks Parfum
Old 11-25-2009, 07:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I don't believe anything is going on with Nel, she's posting and you are taking everything to heart. Take what you need and leave the rest. You have your defense mechanism up today, let it down, it will only hurt you. How about reading the Acceptance Prayer might help with your mood today.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:13 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Oh yes, I forgot, I get a nightstick - it's actually an 'asp' or expandable baton. It's dead sexy. And I can't speak for anyone else here - but some things are perhaps best left to PM. I really am tired of this crap!!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I am still going every day. Good because you didnt before . ....I am hoping it will make a difference if you mix more with members of the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.

question...How am I dishonest with myself? It is not fair to make a comment like that without saying why.
answer.......one reason is because you constantly tell yourself your different or it wont work for you.......why do YOU think you drink over and over. But you would be better ask your sponsor. did he not say the same to you?

Question >>How do I complicate a simple program? Because I said I felt something spiritual happen in a meeting? Again, not fair to say it without explaining it....
Answer No not because of that necessarily but because of many things. You seem to still search and look very deep into every little thing when its right under your nose. {Again just an observation}

question: What do you mean support for my way? First of all it is not MY way, I am doing AA. Support from who? Who is that a dig at?

answer You have been doing it your way now a long time I believe. Not a dig just a fact!
I can find support for everything I do....in and out of AA...right and wrong! BUT this is about self honesty.

Remember Stone having said all of that......................Im on your side!! It may not sound like it but I am. I could be sweet to you... but that may also kill you!!

Stone......Trust God, Clean house, help others!
Old 11-25-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I'm tired of the b.s. too. I have a dr's appt today with a hand surgeon. The carpal tunnel is really hurting. Sometimes I am in tears from the pain. Hoping they can inject it or something today to give me some relief. If not, I guess I'm going to have surgery over Christmas break.

Trying to stay in today.

We are leaving for hubby's parents tomorrow. I don't mind going and seeing them but my bro and sis in laws do A LOT of drinking and one is always on pills. I don't feel like drinking or taking pills but I hate being around all that b.s.

Sorry for the negative post

I am grateful to be sober for Thanksgiving and I'm glad I will remember it and am less likely to do anything I need to do amends for later :bounce
Old 11-25-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving