Notices

Living In Sobriety Part 24

Old 11-13-2009, 03:55 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Lis, you did right by sharing it here, sounds like you are doing the right thing.

Welcome MX, learning how to live life sober, has been challenging but rewarding.

Rusty Where are you this morning? How's the mouf doin?

It's Friday!!!! First full time paycheck Woo Hoo!!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:58 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

thanks row, feel'n way better today,

the soreness is less sore! lol grateful for that!

mx, great seeing you hear...

mor'n Bee...

have to ask,

hows your Bee hind today!

blessed day LIS
Old 11-13-2009, 04:05 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My bee hind is about the only thing that doesn't hurt. lol.

The bee hive is getting alot healthier.

I had a dream I was part of some kind of an intervention last night. I don't know who it was for, but my husband and his whole family was there. There were also some people who I think were friends of mine there. Only thing was it wasn't to get someone into a rehab, it was all giving Thanks for bringing sobriety into a home. I really don't remember the dream but that part, I WOKED up
Old 11-13-2009, 04:23 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Wow, a lot going on here.

Mx, welcome to LIS!

Rowan, prayers for a great outcome on the job!

IO, I love French manicured nails. Mine look like crap right now.

Anono, I hope your daughter has a speedy recovery.

Nels, Hideorseek, Stone, Rusty, Tan, NL, Scoob and Bee, Hiya!

I have let myself become kind of wrapped up in myself and I am now back in gratitude. I need to remind myself every day that I am an alcoholic and not get lazy about doing the work for my recovery. I can really tell a difference in myself when I am not praying and meditating in the mornings.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Morning folks and welcome Mx!

Ro, maybe you will hear today????!!

And Bro....way to go!

Thanks for the words about my daughter....Fixing stuff, yep....that's a toughy....The alcoholic tendency to control and fix meets parenthood....a perfect storm of "fixing tendencies". Like most kids, they throw out "I'm an adult!' when things are going well, and cry "I'm just a kid" when it's not....yes, I know that I have to find the balnce between being supportive and suppORTING. UGh, it's hard to watch her struggle evn though I know that most growth comes from challenge, not smooth sailing....

Later, from the islands...off to do the marathon at Miami Intl....
Old 11-13-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Oh, HOS))))))

Prayers for daughter....my son messed up last year too...in the Navy.

Thank goodness they made him accountable and responsible..as the military does.

Hugs to you, Mama.

Congrats babes..on the license!

Welcome MX!

Yes, banana, the nails have sure perked me up. When I get a sitter for my mom

I need to get the hair done. Hope you get in to get your nails done soon too.

All other LISer's...

Have a great day.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hello everyone. your all very quiet!

Where are you Louis.

I am looking forward to HG in the morning and on sunday I am travelling to an outside meeting with one of my sponsees. Today it rained very heavy . Hubby and I are getting up early tomorrrow to go to gym before meeting so I think I will get to bed soon..
Ireland are playing France tomorrow in Dublin and hubby is excited to be going to that. I will spend the evening with my son.
This living in sobriety rocks!
It works it really does!!
page 88 Big BOOK
Old 11-13-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Sounds like a nice weekend you have planned, Nelcs. I'll be in 'school' all weekend for a first aid/CPR course blech but I'll get to a meeting tonight and tomorrow night.

It's been very quiet around this thread - I hope you are all busy but doing well!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walks from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water..

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments.

But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream.

'I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house.'

The old woman smiled, 'Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?'

'That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them.'

For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table.

Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house.'

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.

You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

SO, to all of my cracked pot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:11 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

That was really nice Louis, thank you for sharing it here.

Just in from work and my meeting. The topic was "Why are you at this meeting" it was a super meeting. I was going to go shopping for a few things for work, but leg is killing and its pouring out so maybe I will attempt it after my meeting in the morning.

Ro, why do you need the first aid/cpr classes? Are they mandatory for your work?

Nel, sorry I missed you, sounds like a nice weekend you have planned.

Oh, I got my first full time paycheck today YAY. I was talking to my sponsor this morning and saying that the way things are going with bills, the x, not having money for things really s*cked, and she so graciously reminded me that what s*cked was when I was messed up, not caring one way or the other about anyone or anything. She said even though there are bills up to my neck, I am showing my kids that I am doing whatever it takes to provide a home for them to live in, food for their table, a clean house and that does not s*ck. So I walked into work with alot of gratitude and it carried me all day.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Tanya, the montage for your mom's birthday is really cool. Thanks for sharing it with me. Someday I will make one of them.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

thanks louis!

my sniffer's sniffen!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Congrats on your first full-time paycheque, Bee! That's great. I see you've got your gratitude glasses on again .

Zip - I'm not sure why you're sniffer is sniffin' .. 'nuff said!

Bee - I have to take this course because I GOT THE JOB.

It's unofficial until the Chief signs off on it Monday or Tuesday but I'm told that I got it - I'm cautiously excited, but won't be over the moon until I get 'the call' from the bigwigs.

Tonight was a good meeting. Went with gf and sponsor - a girl I know shared her story and she had a good message. She went back out after being sober 5 years - so I paid special attention. That could be me. That could be any one of us.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:44 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Holy Sh*t!!!!! Ro that's awesome!!!!!

I'm so proud of you. WOO HOO
Old 11-13-2009, 06:47 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I just finished reading your post, okay I won't get too excited yet, ha ha. I'm really so proud of what you accomplished here, you stuck to it and perserved. Bravo girlfriend!!!! You are so cool!!!!!!

If you were in front of me right now, I would be giving you bunches of hugs and kisses, I'm so excited for you.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:56 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Heh heh thanks Bee - I still can't believe it myself. So many times I wanted to give up - but thanks to you guys, and to George, and to my f2f friends - we did it.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Ro, I'm so happy for you!!!!!! I have the biggest smile on my face right now!!!! Thank YOU!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Congrats to Ro & Stoney .

Hugs and prayers still going out to IO... take care of yourself getting rest. Hair and nails is being nice to yourself... but don't forget to take care.

Hi Believe, Nelco, mx, Tanho,Rusty (I feel your toof pain ouch!),bananagrrrl, Dee, K ,Hide or Seek, New Leaf and whoever I left out by mistake.

Sound like you're doing well with handling the daughter's situation HOS. Glad to hear it.

How is anono's daughter... any updates?
Old 11-13-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

No updates on Kate's daughter, no. I've been thinking of her too.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

thanks for thinking of me and my daughter, it means a lot, she is still not real good, but definitely on the right path, not going backwards, tiny steps forward.

congrats ro:

hi to all others