Notices

Living In Sobriety - Part 20

Old 10-19-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Poor Bro....Mama Vicks to the rescue!!!!

And Kate...well, I'd be pissed too, becasue your heart was in the right place and, frankly, I think it was relevant. I don't know all the regs but some people seem to be sticklers about them. No flexibility. And, in my HUMBLE opinion, that is CLASSIC alcoholic thinking. Nope. I don't like rigidity. A rigid tree snaps in the wind, whereas a flexible one bends and survives. There. I've said my piece, cuz I was po'd FOR you!

Ro...best of luck! Ditto to what Nel said about it not being a life or death issue. But, whatever happens, it will be done (whew!!!) and you have put an immense amount of effort into preparation. It will be as it is meant to be.

Later peeps!

Where IS Ken...I'm gonna go stalk him a little and tell him we EXPECT his presence at morning roll call!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by frstnm View Post
Is this where everyone is after Bottoms hit its bottom ???

:ghug3

Welcome Frst, haven't seen you in awhile. How is everything going?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What a difference a weekend makes! Woke up today feeling hopeful and energetic for the first time in days. Washed dishes and vac'd the house. Now about to walk the dogs in the sunshine. It's a great day to be sober!:ghug3
Old 10-19-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Good morning and Happy Monday.

Tomorrow is Day 7 I think. I had a funny thought this morning, that in all these years I thought smoking pot was helping my anxiety. I think it was actually causing it. DH is trying to be supportive, but i've been a grumpy azz the last few days. Baby steps ...

I'm going to another meeting tomorrow. It's right beside a Tim Hortons. Very clever LOL.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by anono View Post
hey guys..... i need to vent, i'm upset... major overreaction alert!! i'm battling tears, not like me to get so upset about something so minor......

here's story:
went to BB meeting and they asked at the end if there was any announcements.

i had received a flyer in my mail box about a community meeting to keep open a local rehab centre that the government has just cut funding to and given them 6 weeks to close the door... i have met a number of people since doing meetings that have become sober through that particular rehab centre, they hold AA lunchtime meetings there and a couple of night time ones as well. i have not been there... as the times dont suit, but as i was aware others had a fairly close affiliation i mentioned the community meeting at the announcements.... one old man obviously had a bee in his bonnet and cut me dead, and told me it had no relevence and to talk about it after the meeting....

i can understand he didnt want AA as a group to get involved, but if he had let me finish i would have been able to give the details of the meeting, time, place etc, for those that wish to attend as a person.. he could have explained!

well thats out, i'll calm down now... but i really dont beleive how affected i am ...

i'll have to be brave and go back... but i can tell you i am full of resentment at the moment and dont know how to deal

ps i will be ok, just needed to vent !!

now i'll go back and read posts
I hope you can follow through on what happened here so you can learn from this uncomfortable experience. Perhaps ask your sponsor or a strong member of the group.
While the man did seem rude in the way he dealt with you there are a number of issues to consider.

1...If it came to your mailbox and not the aa sec mailbox then you cannot just take it upon yourself to read it out without permission of the group.

2...If your group and the other AA groups you mention are separate groups with a sepatate group conscience, then it has no relevence to the group you were in.

3. rehab is none of our business

I know it may seem harsh but we cannot just read what we decide or .....well, can you imagine?? There is a few things I would like to read out that came through my mailbox too.....but thats why we have traditions.

Please ask questions about why it has no relevence. I wish the man had explained himself better to you, then you would understand and would not feel sore.

Its only a small thing but do ask..........its how we learn.
If you attend your group conscience you can discuss all these things and more.

Hope you feel better xx
Old 10-19-2009, 08:13 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

evening everybody, I am just heading to the gym now and then I am meeting a new member and off to a meeting. spend the morning in the hairdressers. A new nel emerged!!

Catch you later xoxo
Old 10-19-2009, 08:51 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hi peeps. Doin' a Rusty drive-by. Hope y'all are well.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Leaving very soon for my interview I just wanted to send out a collective 'thanks' to those who sent good thoughts, wishes, and prayers. I appreciate them all.

My gf called me last night and we had a good talk. It helped, talking to someone.

I'm as prepared as I can be.

Kate - I wanted to say that I'm sorry you had such an experience. The man wasn't wrong - but he handled it poorly, IMO. You've been given some good advice by the others here so I will leave it be. I just wanted to let you know that I've experienced something similar, in early sobriety, and I hung on to that resentment for way too long! Don't make the same mistakes that I have!

Hugs all around.

Scott/Frstnm - welcome to the thread - welcome back to SR! You've been missed.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Good luck Ro, I imagine you are not really in the mood for this.

Hi Scott!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  
let it grow!

just home helping the aunt out this morning, she sure makes a mess of things over the weekend when i don't go there - lol - job security i guess. the weather is warmer here the past few, so me and mr k are hustling on fall chores. i gotta put the storm windows in upstairs this afternoon - we have the old fashioned windows up there where you have to actually take them in and out. sigh. might as well wash the curtains while i'm at it. another sigh.

hope everyone is feeling strong today, and enjoying the start of another week.

:ghug3
Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

I sure wish you lived closer, K. I have the feeling I would get a lot more done at home. The For Sale sign is up and I've got to do some cleaning/organizing tonight, and put away the patio furniture (just when my back is feeling a teeny bit better).

The interview went well, I think.

Just having a cup of soup and chillaxing at work until it's time to go home.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i guess i missed it, newf ... ya movin? is it financial or something else? sorry not to be in the loop.

yes. move closer to me. i know all the dollar stores.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
let it grow!

my sweet nephew is deploying to iraq next week. i've known it was coming, but now that the departure date is finalized, i feel kind of sick to my stomach about it, and the tears are coming. please add him and all the soldiers to your prayers ..
Old 10-19-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Oh K I'm so sorry to hear that he has been deployed - I will keep him in my prayers.

And yes selling the house for financial reasons. That's okay.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:13 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A chance to do good presented itself today. My neighbors have two dogs whom they want to give up cause they don't have the time for them anymore. They have to be crated during the day cause they run wild in the house for the 8 or 9 hours they have to be alone. So starting tomorrow, I will be taking them during the day to keep in my house with my dogs. I can take them for a walk and let them hang out in my place til my neighbors get home from work.

They won't have to be crated and will get a nice walk every day. They're nice dogs so I don't mind taking them during the day. At least it'll keep them from being crated for so long and they will have fun at my house.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

The interview went well, I think.
Good Ro, one thing turned over now, no more worrying about it.

my sweet nephew is deploying to iraq next week. i've known it was coming, but now that the departure date is finalized, i feel kind of sick to my stomach about it, and the tears are coming. please add him and all the soldiers to your prayers ..
I will keep him and all soldiers in my prayers K, we think we have problems and worries until we see how strong these soldiers are. Hell if they can be so strond defending us, we should be too.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Heading out to meeting, and then

going on a speaking commitment

with my sponsor.

Have a great night my friends
Old 10-19-2009, 02:09 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hello today peeps...

Sort of a Rusty fly-by...

Going with my sister today for support...she will be receiving test results re a twisted

colon and severe abdominal pain and humongous swelling. She is terrified.

Wow...so much going on with so many of my friends here on the thread.

Prayers going out to everyone who has expressed needs and concerns.

You've certainly got mine.

Special prayers for your nephew, KK..and all the family.

Prayers his angel will guard him round about with protection.

My son is in the Navy...and my daughter's husband's young nephew is deploying

this month. He has a year old baby boy...God protect all of our precious brave

men and women in the military!

Special prayers for you, Sis...oh how I know what you are going through.

And...Gyps.

How well I know what you are going through too.

Verbal abuse and mind games...not being cherished when you need it...feels as

bad as hitting.

Everyone else...love to you all!

HOS. Liz..

Thank you for always saying something sweet about me. I have noticed.

It brightens my day..usually just when I need it.

And...Nelcs, your fireworks "light up" my day so much!

Rust..

Oh how I love you back!

I am asking prayer for my dear sponsor. She is undergoing a drastic back suregry

as I type. I love this lady so much! And, I am a little emotional...she was so scared

when I spoke with her last evening...

:ghug2:
Old 10-19-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
not a greeter

IO... I needed that.

He's texting me being a disco stick atm . Yeah I know... ignore the texts but then he'll complain about that too. He

Just got home from root canal part deux. Hurts more than last time. Crown in 2 weeks.I don't see how I'm going to teach class in less than an hour. At least it's an easy hatha here in town so no long drive. I guess I'll survive .

I don't have much else to report right now... things are still the same here. I am in mouth pain and need to eat something so I can leave.

Hi Scott !
Old 10-19-2009, 02:43 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

just back from a good meeting, step 6....Defects!!!!

it was very good.

Glad you have the interview behind you now RO.....rest easy!