View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
nelco
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by anono View Post
hey guys..... i need to vent, i'm upset... major overreaction alert!! i'm battling tears, not like me to get so upset about something so minor......

here's story:
went to BB meeting and they asked at the end if there was any announcements.

i had received a flyer in my mail box about a community meeting to keep open a local rehab centre that the government has just cut funding to and given them 6 weeks to close the door... i have met a number of people since doing meetings that have become sober through that particular rehab centre, they hold AA lunchtime meetings there and a couple of night time ones as well. i have not been there... as the times dont suit, but as i was aware others had a fairly close affiliation i mentioned the community meeting at the announcements.... one old man obviously had a bee in his bonnet and cut me dead, and told me it had no relevence and to talk about it after the meeting....

i can understand he didnt want AA as a group to get involved, but if he had let me finish i would have been able to give the details of the meeting, time, place etc, for those that wish to attend as a person.. he could have explained!

well thats out, i'll calm down now... but i really dont beleive how affected i am ...

i'll have to be brave and go back... but i can tell you i am full of resentment at the moment and dont know how to deal

ps i will be ok, just needed to vent !!

now i'll go back and read posts
I hope you can follow through on what happened here so you can learn from this uncomfortable experience. Perhaps ask your sponsor or a strong member of the group.
While the man did seem rude in the way he dealt with you there are a number of issues to consider.

1...If it came to your mailbox and not the aa sec mailbox then you cannot just take it upon yourself to read it out without permission of the group.

2...If your group and the other AA groups you mention are separate groups with a sepatate group conscience, then it has no relevence to the group you were in.

3. rehab is none of our business

I know it may seem harsh but we cannot just read what we decide or .....well, can you imagine?? There is a few things I would like to read out that came through my mailbox too.....but thats why we have traditions.

Please ask questions about why it has no relevence. I wish the man had explained himself better to you, then you would understand and would not feel sore.

Its only a small thing but do ask..........its how we learn.
If you attend your group conscience you can discuss all these things and more.

Hope you feel better xx