Notices

Living In Sobriety - Part 20

Old 10-16-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Rowan sweetheart.................you know we are all praying for you and thinking about your interview on monday, I hope you are going to stay strong and keep close with us at the weekend. you are good enough! you are good enough! you are good enough!
please scroll down for todays affirmations...............

I love and accept myself unconditionally.

I approve of myself and feel great about myself.

I radiate love and respect and in return I get love and respect.

I am a well loved and well respected person.

I am a cultured and wise and yet, a humble person.

My high self esteem enables me to respect others and beget respect in turn.

I am free to make my own choices and decisions.

I am a unique and a very special person and worthy of respect of others.

My high self esteem allows me to accept compliments easily and also freely compliment others.

I accept others as they are and they in turn accept me as I am.

It matters little what others say. What matters is how I react and what I believe.

All is well in my world and I trade love and acceptance with the world.

I have high self esteem as I respect myself.

I deserve all that is good. I release any need for misery and suffering.

I release the need to prove myself to anyone as I am my own self and I love it that way.
I am solution minded. Any problem that comes up in life is solvable.

I am never alone. The universe supports me and is with me at every step.

My mind is filled only with loving, healthy, positive and prosperous thoughts which ultimately are converted into my life experiences.

My mind is full of gratitude for my lovely and wonderful life.

I consciously release the past and live only in the present. That way I get to enjoy and experience life to the full.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Morning all! I see everyone has already left the water cooler. Oh well...

Bro...congrats on your 4 months! Isn't that friggen MARVELOUS!!!!! I remember 4 months ago, reading your posts...trying hard to get out of that hell hole we all know so well. I was only @ 1 month myself and I recall thinking....come on, come on, you can do this! If I can, you can...your pain was so real to me, my own was very fresh. For some reason, I felt a kinship and was vested in you even then. As Bee and Nel and others have said, since that time...you have rediscovered photography, gotten the OK on your liver, gotten to drive for the first time in 10 years!!!! That's a lot in 4 measly months. Yes, there is the ME...but you are dealing with it sober, which has to be beneficial to your body. I'm a journaler myself...not only does it help me clarify present thoughts, but also has the added benefit of documenting my progress. If journaling on your own doesn't work for you...go back and read one of your posts from 4 months ago and if that doesn't make you grateful, I'll be a monkey's uncle. Harsh, yes...but that's what sisters are for....

Ok, I'll get off the sisterly soapbox now.....:ghug3
Old 10-16-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

oooo, that's lovely and inspirational, Nel! Think I'll keep that!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HideorSeek View Post

Bro...congrats on your 4 months! Isn't that friggen MARVELOUS!!!!! I remember 4 months ago, reading your posts...trying hard to get out of that hell hole we all know so well. I was only @ 1 month myself and I recall thinking....come on, come on, you can do this! If I can, you can...your pain was so real to me, my own was very fresh. For some reason, I felt a kinship and was vested in you even then. As Bee and Nel and others have said, since that time...you have rediscovered photography, gotten the OK on your liver, gotten to drive for the first time in 10 years!!!! That's a lot in 4 measly months. Yes, there is the ME...but you are dealing with it sober, which has to be beneficial to your body. I'm a journaler myself...not only does it help me clarify present thoughts, but also has the added benefit of documenting my progress. If journaling on your own doesn't work for you...go back and read one of your posts from 4 months ago and if that doesn't make you grateful, I'll be a monkey's uncle. Harsh, yes...but that's what sisters are for....

Ok, I'll get off the sisterly soapbox now.....:ghug3

Thanks Sis.

Thanks to Nan, too.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:34 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Old 10-16-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

ooooh a dirty old starling eating chips!!................lol good pic....Im hungry
Old 10-16-2009, 06:38 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
ooooh a dirty old starling eating chips!!................lol good pic....Im hungry

I don't like starlings either, they are like pigeons....rats of the air! I liked the pic though.

I have a pic of a bird, I hope someone can idetify it for me. It was hanging around pretending to be a seagull but it isn't one.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:44 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

lets see it?
Old 10-16-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Name that bird?
Old 10-16-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

That is a very sharp lens, Bro. Is it a new one or one of the old ones (lensititis back??? We were watching "Planet Earth" last night and the episode was the deep sea. I was struck by the symbiosis of nature...never any waste (ahem, humans are you listening???...highest evolved, my a**) And these creatures go about their business without guilt, greed, ego. I always get the shivvvers when I watch one of these and am so overwhelmed at the beauty of it all.

Anyhoo, I digress (as usual)...Attenborough (LOVE the accent, of course) spoke about Frigate Birds which spend months in the air...gliding around, looking for food. I kept thinking..wow...imagine having to hold your arms out straight for months. ( Maybe that was because I had just gotten off the elliptical machine and could appreciate their stamina. LOL)

Well, I'm rambling....need more coffee....or maybe not???
Old 10-16-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Looks like a seagull to me..amazing Bro...look at the eye...it is so sharp. You are using a zoom, right? I love zoom lenses....
Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

I loved your seagull pic very much, Stoney. Well done on your 4 months, you have come so far. You really really have. I'm so proud of you.

Nelcs thanks for the affirmations I read through them all slowly.

I'm busy at work but I'll pop back in and out as I can. I just wanted to say good morning and to let everyone know that I'm thinking of you and love you all.

I'm very grateful this morning.

edit: I came back to say I can't see the pic of the bird you want identified, Stone. Just a box with a red X.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Stone was this guy smaller than a seagull? about what size?
Old 10-16-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HideorSeek View Post

Well, I'm rambling....need more coffee....or maybe not???

Maybe not! lol

It is a modern lens, I am not all that impressed with it really. It has vibration reduction built in though, which is good.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Stone was this guy smaller than a seagull? about what size?

Bit smaller than the seagulls, the seagulls were the medium size ones not the huge ones.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Nelcs thanks for the affirmations I read through them all slowly.
do it again and again till you believe them. each time a negative thought comes in replace with one of those positive ones. new tapes to play in the head ro.......very important!!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
I loved your seagull pic very much, Stoney. Well done on your 4 months, you have come so far. You really really have. I'm so proud of you.

Thanks Ro.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

im checking here in a book I have and it says there are different kinds of gulls. there is one called the little gull and it can look like yours in his first winter.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:57 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Morning, Ro!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

im checking here in a book I have and it says there are different kinds of gulls. there is one called the little gull and it can look like yours in his first winter.

Maybe that is it, it does look gull like but not the same colour as teh others.