Notices

Living in Sobriety - Part 18

Old 10-09-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
Another one? WOW I am so impressed Stoney. How many does that make this week? 3 or 4 WOW

I am taking the guy that normally takes me. I find I am wanting to go more lately and the car will help with that as well.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:30 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I find I am wanting to go more lately and the car will help with that as well.
I do know that feeling Stone. I love going to meetings and the more I go to really help me with my sobriety. Are you going to different kinds of meetings or just discussions? I'm glad you want to go now and it will really help having your car. Its so much easier just getting in the car and getting there instead of having to depend on people or mass transit. Good for you
Old 10-09-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
let it grow!

thinking about kenl - going through all my daughter's old boxed up barbie stuff in the basement this afternoon ..

my great neice is getting the dream house for christmas. her mom bought one on craig's list for $30, but it's unfurnished.

ho ho ho! the PITA (princess pain in the ass) girls are already talkin' christmas
Old 10-09-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
I do know that feeling Stone. I love going to meetings and the more I go to really help me with my sobriety. Are you going to different kinds of meetings or just discussions? I'm glad you want to go now and it will really help having your car. Its so much easier just getting in the car and getting there instead of having to depend on people or mass transit. Good for you

Going by bus was taking 5 hours sometimes, gave me a resentment! lol

My HG is a step meeting, most others are just meetings, we don't have discussion meetings like you guys, with topics.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Old 10-09-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

most others are just meetings
I don't understand, what do you do there? Do you read from the BB or just pick a topic? Bee does not understand. We have Step meetings, Big Book Meetings & Discussion Meetings.

K My kids don't bring up Christmas Gifts too much, they know it makes me sad because I love to buy gifts and last year I could just about get them anything, its probably going to be the same this year. They did surprise ME last Christmas, there were loads of boxes under the tree FOR ME, and again I cried when they told me I brought for them their whole lives and now it was their turn to buy for me. I love the Christmas season.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Ro you're back!!!! How did it go?
Old 10-09-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Sounds like two wonderful kids you raised, Bee.

I don't usually have much money at Christmas - but manage to make do. My daughter doesn't ask for much herself.

The tests went well. I aced the physical, even though I ran it in the pouring rain. It really wasn't bad at all. The written portion was this afternoon, and I don't know how well I did, but I'm sure hoping I passed! I find out next week how I did with that, and hopefully will be given an interview date for the next stage.

The run was at a local high school track, and, a couple of times my steps faltered, and I began to doubt my ability to finish. But I patted my pocket, and pictured you all running alongside me, and it got me through. It was a spiritual experience of sorts, one that only we can appreciate, I'm sure.

I stopped to change at my parents' house and had a piece of heavenly apple pie ..

and now I have to go. My friend just called. Her daughter is sick and needs medicine. I'll talk to y'all later. Hugs!!
Old 10-09-2009, 12:46 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Ro I'm so proud of you, I thought of you all morning and I really mean that. Isn't it amazing how the paper with names really works? I know it has helped me immensely in so many situations. No one can understand, you are so right, unless you have experienced it yourself.

Well this is now behind you, YAY, you can rest easier now

And yes they are beautiful children, I am blessed.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Stoney got his license?! What the what?!

Congrats RoRo!

I had an emergency root canal this morning. Not feeling so great but at least I know I didn't have the flu . Jaw is very sore! I don't know how I'm going to teach tonight. Kids class will be fine but the thought of power is really causing me some anguish. I can't bark out asanas with this pain .

But I will. You know I will. Then I am home to bed at 9pm. Ugh!
Old 10-09-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Sorry about the pain Gypsy, it does suck but like you said, at least its not the flu or a tumor
Old 10-09-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thanks Believe. I'm still not all together convinced it isn't a tumor though .

Off to teach with my ouchie jaw.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

You silly woman! Get to bed and rest that ouchie!
Old 10-09-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nobody wants to go see that new movie Paranormal with me They are all chicken sh*t and afraid My daughter is going with some friends tomorrow night and I don't want to be the mom tagging along. Trying to see if my sponsor's son wants to go, lol.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Yay Ro!! Sounds like you did well. Just a matter of time now 'til you find out the results.

K, funny how those Barbies reminded you of me.

GT, I know the pain. I had that done some years back. What an awful experience you're going through right now.

Well I helped my brother move some stuff into his new home today. He is recently divorced. Two kids. And as for that woman I told you about before, she got a restraining order against her husband. Not for anything violent, just some verbal stuff. He is contesting it and so they are going to court on Monday. That's her birthday. Her husband is having their 19 year old daughter testify that he wasn't verbally abusing her. Oh the sadness of it all.

Bee, good luck on finding a movie date.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

I can picture you running in the rain all metaphorical like Ro.

Donna, meeting meetings, no topic or noffin, we will have someone "do the chair" and they share for about 30 mins (our meetings are 90 mins!) and then people just share about whatever. They can be a drag sometimes with people doing drunkalogues and telling what they did that day and stuff but I usually get something from a couple of the shares. I prefer step meetings.

Babes, sorry bout your toof!
Old 10-09-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

I'm doing a "Rusty" here, but wanted to check on you, Ro! Congrats...most of the hard part is done...now you just need to charm them in the interview, which will be a piece of cake for you!

Hiya Bee, GT, Doll, Bro....GT...asanas...are you teaching Yoga (grinning hopefully)?

Meetings, Bro, are pretty structured here...maybe that's why yours get dicey? Becasue there aren't guidelines in place??? Not that you can change that, but it's interesting how they are different globally...

Gotta run, crew....will try to be back later...

kisses...........

lis
Old 10-09-2009, 03:40 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

morning all.. thought i'd catch up while eating breakfast.. by the time it loaded up breakfast finished!! i'mm off to work bye all
Old 10-09-2009, 06:11 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just got in from meeting Step 3, it was a pretty good meeting. After meeting 8 of us got together and went to eat dinner, had a great time. I'm pretty tired, I was tired even before the meeting but went anyway.

My HG is tomorrow morning, and I might have found some peeps to come see the movie. Hope everyone's night is good.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:20 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

HoS
I'm doing a "Rusty"

hey HoS, do use a Snorkle?

the water arobics i mean!

stoney, how come us americans drive on the wrong side of the streat?

Bee, i got the popcorn!