# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

August Sobriety Group Part 4

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html
Old 09-19-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Meow

Aww, TB. Shake this off - you were doing so great!
Old 09-19-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good Evening...
I just got in from our volleyball tournament. We came in second, lost by two points. Very exciting...also, very exhausting.

I hoped to see a few more of the ole gang here today.

TB..you know it is the addiction...time to kick it to the curb...
Old 09-19-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Ok, I'm back. Sorta. Cycling down, but it feels like Hell.

Staring at the floor, I managed to drink down four bottles in... how many days? Not even sure.

My hands are shaking, my head feels like somebody ran it over a few times in a row, and I'm not real impressed with myself.

But I am quitting, my mind is made up. This is silly.

-TB, who's barely aware but somehow aware that drama happened
Old 09-19-2009, 07:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Take care of yourself TB, you know the drill, drink water, keep that candy around, and hold on tight.

We are right there with you...
Old 09-19-2009, 07:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
hypercube

Wildrover, my thoughts are with you and your family.

TB, back on your bike, woman.

My house is a pigsty, I'm going to attempt to sort through some of the clutter. If I can get two domestic jobs done today I'll be pleased. Exciting, I know.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ANew, Box, Dee--thanks.

Box, when you type it it sounds mundane--but when you get it done, the thrill is real... Something to hold onto.

-TB, going through Hell again.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey TB, sorry you are feeling crummy, glad to hear you are starting over.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
KC1

Sunday morning - another beautiful day here in the northeast. Sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky. I haven't been online in a few days so had a chance to catch up on the posts while drinking my coffee. Hubby is out playing in a charity softball game already. (My mother is also in town visiting so that is limiting online time!).

Shakespeare - thanks for suggesting the Orthodox Church. There is one less than 2 minutes from my house, so maybe I'll check it out one of these days.

TB - thanks for your honesty about thinking I am living a "priviledged" life. Just because you have a nice house, a good job, nice car, and nice things does not necessisarily make you a happy person. My therapist once asked me "how often do you experience true joy?" I can't answer the question. For all that I have, I don't think I am really happy. I am not sure what it will take to make me truly happy. It's not the material things, that's for sure. Having good friends, those who you can truly count on, might be one of those things. I do have one friend, who I don't see that often - I know she would drop everything for me in a heartbeat. But I don't see her but once or twice a month and that is usually at some group gathering.

Anono - sure I will tell you why AA didn't work for me. It's not private. I went to a couple of meetings within the past month, when I first decided to embark on this difficult journey. The first one was very "religious" centered - opened with a prayer, lots of religious undertones. That's not me. The other one I went to was "unfriendly". Clearly, I was new. I didn't expect people to rush up to me and greet me, but most of the people had their own "cliques" and stuck with them. I felt like I was intruding. Another one which might have been the most normal (not knowing what to expect of course), was just people talking about nothing. I feel as though I get more support being on SR and "talking" with all of you, even though it's online. I can't see where going to a meeting would help me not drink. Anyhow, that's not to say it won't work for anyone else. It's just not my cup of coffee.

I don't know what the future holds for me regarding drinking. I really want to stop. I do so well and then I seem to fall down again. I keep getting back up and trying again. I try to equate this with how I would handle something in my business world. I would allow a mistake once, but I would never allow the SAME mistake again. I tell my staff that. It's okay to make a mistake, make it, learn from it, and move on. But don't make the SAME mistake again. And here I am, behind the scenes, making the same mistake, day in and day out. I know, my mistake is an addiction, and their screwing up a balance sheet is a mistake. Big difference.

So, I am off to the golf course again to practice. Actually, tomorrow my hubby and I are playing golf together in a charity golf tournament. He does not play golf, as I've said before, but he will hack the ball around for this particular charity. So we will be together tomorrow. Whether it will be fun or not, I don't know. He hits the ball like he is whacking a softball.

I hope everyone has a great day. I am rooting for all of you! And for you football fans, I picked Minnesota to win in my football pool, so go Vikings!

KC
Old 09-20-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Meow

Have fun at golf! My hubby has a baseball swing, but is a pretty good golfer even so. DS is off to golf now - he's a very good golfer.

I am leaving in a few hours for a conference. Unless I stop to buy one of those netbooks (which I am seriously considering), I will be pretty much off line until Wednesday.

So hope you all have a good few days!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Safe trip, PC.

I can play mini golf... and I can swing a baseball bat. But I have no idea what a baseball swing is in lifesize golf. It's on the list of things to learn now that I'll be a college graduate...
Old 09-20-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good Evening Everyone...

Well, the end of my fourth weekend sober is winding down.

At times it feels like I didn't have my brief journey back to the insanity of drinking. I feel like I did when I have years, which, feels pretty amazing.

I cannot believe we are coming up on the last full week of September, where has this month gone?

Hoping everyones night is restful.....
Old 09-20-2009, 06:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
KC1

Safe travels, PC! We look forward to your return. I am also offline for a day or so..........let's all stay in touch, okay?

KC
Old 09-20-2009, 07:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Meow

I have a new netbook! Yay!! It's really cute.

Took forever to get up here. Arrived well after dark, this is a ski resort with all these cute little chalets. The front desk sent me the wrong way to get to mine - well, I could get to it by hiking up a hill with my luggage...NOT. So I went to the only open place - the bar (of course) where several people I knew were having a drink (of course). The bartender was nice and showed me the way to get to my chalet's parking lot (which is right under a ski lift).

The roomn is nice - a very small suite. Has a balcony, but no fridge. I thought there was one, so I didn't bring a cooler for my water. It's now sitting in a plastic bag of ice that I got from the bartender in the trash can. I also got some amber O'Douls which tastes really good. I know some people don't agree with drinking the NA beer, but it really hits the spot and fills my urge for the taste of beer in certain situations. Not missing the alcohol in this instance, just the taste.

KC - will definitely do.

This little PC is fun! Paid for half of it with my not drinking money. Oh, one more thing. Saw two flocks of wild turkey and three quail on the way up. It was a nice addition to the deer that was in our yard this morning (a nice spike buck).
Old 09-20-2009, 08:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

PC,

...can I be in your suitcase?
I'm real quiet, I promise. You can even sit me outside at night, I won't bother you at all...

I can't stand this scenery anymore... I need out of here so bad it's not funny.

(the comment made a lot more sense before I edited it to death...)
-TB, going to sleep 'cause she's posting things that don't make sense at all...
Old 09-20-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

just passing through as well - been a bit poorly for a few days now...I need a rest LOL

Glad to see everyone here is hanging in there....
enjoy it all those of you who are travelling - or even getting outside

D
Old 09-20-2009, 09:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

hope you feel better soon dee
Old 09-21-2009, 04:26 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

PC - isn't it great that you were able to use some of your not drinking money and get a notebook. Your chalet sounds wonderful..and the surrounding scenery just as nice.

OK August gang..be quiet as we sneak into PC's suite. I think if we are very good we can all hang there awhile.

KC-have fun with your baseball bat swinging hubby at the golf tournament. My hubby is a golfer, I am not. This has allowed him his man time with his friends over the years.

TB-Its nice to se you "back in the saddle again" (just to keep in your country song genre).

Anono..good to see you here.

TC-how are you doing?

BreakFree-hoping your internet free time as gone well.

((Dee))-hoping you feel better soon. Have you been to a doctor?

To anyone I missed...

Happy Monday Groupies!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good Morning and Happy Monday Everyone! :)

I'm trying to keep up with everyone without spending too much time on the computer. OH MY! What a challenge! I've been very busy putting things back together around here and trying to get healthy. I am cleaning up my eating and exercising everyday. It feels really good. I've lost 6 pounds! WHOO-HOO! :)

Thinking of you all and hoping you have the best day! :)
Love and hugs,
Old 09-21-2009, 07:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Great job Melissa. You are doing it!!!! Keep going!

As for me, I am coming off of a 4 day bender. My how depressing. I shouldn't say drank all day for 4 days. I started Thursday night when a bunch of us guys went out golfing, and then out for supper and drinks. I got home at mid-night, and got up at went to work by 8 on Friday. I started drinking again at supper time Friday night and drank way too much that night. I got up Saturday and started drinking right away when I got up until I went to bed. Got up Sunday, went to church and then to dinner with my parents, so I didn't have a drink yesterday until about 2 in the afternoon. I felt so ashamed so I quit about 6 yesterday evening and haven't had a drop since then.

So I am at work, going through withdrawals. I am dizzy, tired, feel like vomiting, and just all around crappy. I am pounding water, gatorade, had my vitamins and now just waiting. I just want to feel good. For me, I drink because I want to feel "normal" so I start drinking. I know I could get over this disease if I could just get past the withdrawals and feel good. If I could sleep without drinking, feel good without drinking, etc. I WILL do it this time!!!! I have to! Failure is not an option. I just want to tell someone. ANYONE, but can't bring myself to do it. I want to tell my wife, my parents, go to AA, etc. but I just can't for some reason. I am doing this alone along with my friends here on SR. I know all of you can relate, so that is why I am here.

Thanks for listening everyone. Sorry to be such a downer today, as so many of you are doing so well. Hope all of you are well.

Brent