Notices

Living in Sobriety - Part 18

Old 10-10-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nah IO, just wishful thinking on my part tonight.

Hey who knows!!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 02:53 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 1000 Tan.

So, I went for a drive and got lost again, I am sure they must have moved the roads sometime in the last 10 years!
Old 10-10-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

:rotfxko

Stone I've been driving for the last 10 years

and I still get lost. Even with my GPS!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

I like your new avi and sig, Nelcs. Sorry I missed you before you went to bed. I'm glad to see you getting more sleep, though!

No Christmas decorations yet, I implore you, Bee!

Baked for several hours and the house smells divine. I didn't go to the 1 pm meeting but may go to one tonight. I'm really just enjoying being off work finally - although I was a bit bored today.

My wireless router quit on me thank heavens I had purchased a warranty so it's been replaced but I still couldn't connect wirelessly. As a team, my daughter and I finally figured it out and it's working again! YAY

Hope to pop in a bit later tonight. Enjoy your meeting, Bee. I wish I could join you
Old 10-10-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Bee. I wish I could join you
I wish you could too

I might do the 7:30 then diner then 10:30 meeting.

Got a resentment tonight that I need to work through.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Hi All!

Good to see you, IQ! Hope you're feeling better, real soon!

Nelsie, sleep tight!

Ro....I'm putting off the turnips til tomorrow night...let me know how YOURS turns out...

Bro....actually, in 10 years, they MAY have changed the roads! Haha

Bee...whatsa matter honey? And I was getting all excited about "meeting someone". I'll find a fella for you....all tanned and fit! What else would you like to preorder???? (leering smilie)?????

Me...I had a quiet day, but a nice one with hubby.

Love all around!

lis
Old 10-10-2009, 03:46 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Hey Lis, the turnips are all cooked, mashed and mixed and in a casserole dish in the fridge. We shall eat them with turkey and other fixings tomorrrow afternoon. I'll let you know if they were any good - but they look and smell great!

I also made pumpkin cheesecake bars - those are nearly set and will be ready to cut in a couple of hours. I promised daughter we could have a taste tonight - and they look really good!

Hope you get that resentment worked out, Bee.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:59 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Now, don't laugh Ro...but yesterday I made chocolate truffles...very simple....cocoa, vanilla, conf sugar, butter....but wait...the secret ingredient: AVOCADO!!!!! Yep, that's right, avocado. I was looking for something that had ingredients I could always get here and the recipe intrigued me. They were really good....you'd never know they had avocado in them. Maybe it helps for a smooth consistency? I'm going to experiment and add anise, or maybe maple and maybe crushed nuts?

The funny thing is I HATE to cook and only do it here. In Massachusetts, I'm very lazy, but here, I get inspired. Bless Google for providing the answers to everything!
Old 10-10-2009, 04:09 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Just got back from church, didn't mess up dong the readings thank God and am checking in quickly before heading out the door to a fundraising dinner for a Children's home in Colombia. Going by myself, which should be interesting but my husband's with my son visiting my oldest son at a college in upstate NY where it's family weekend.

Ro -- the turnip puff sounds good! One of my twins is the only person in her residence hall, because she's at Concordia U in Montreal and everyone else is celebrating your Thanksgiving! I'm hoping to skype a bit with her later this evening.

Liz -- the truffles with avacado sound interesting! I believe they add richness or that's what I've read somewhere.

Going to scroll down and read some more.

brb
Old 10-10-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  
Administrator

New part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-19-a.html

D