Notices

August Sobriety Group Part 4

Old 10-12-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Julia- Congrats to a job well done. How much more enjoyable was your weekend doing it sober? The pics are gorgeous! Looks like it does around here right now. I live in South Dakota, so we get views like this also. And yes, we did get some snow here this weekend too! I am not ready for the cold yet, but ready or not, here it comes.

I am doing better. I just got back from GNC and bought a bunch of vitamins. I am starting my health kick and working out again. I am not going through withdrawals, so that is good. Just down on myself.

This next weekend my wife and I are going to Lincoln Nebraska for the Huskers/Texas Tech football game. I am so excited to get away with just her for a nice weekend. She got me tickets to this game for father's day. Not sure I deserved them, but none the less I loved the gift!

Hang in there everyone!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Checking in here, still sober, but I'm a little worried about some of the others in the August class. I checked back and we had about 50 members at the end of August, now it seems like we are down to just a handful. Where is everybody?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I hear ya Zebra. I think for the most part we know what happened unfortunately to a lot of them. I hope however that they are sober and doing well and just found another way for them to succeed. I have stumbled more times that I can count, but I keep coming back. It's interesting that when I am drinking, I think.... oh I don't need SR and this site doesn't help. But as soon as I get my "sober hat" back on, I come running right back here! You guys all rock, but I wish more of us were still here!

Sober still tonight. I have a terrible headache, more like pressure, but that is about it. Interesting how most people take Tylenol or something for a headache, but it says on the bottle that if you have 3 or more alcoholic drinks/day, not to take it. Welllllll, how am I supposed to get rid of this dang headache? haha. I took 2 anyways. I figure that I have abused my body so bad, a couple tylenol wouldn't be the worst thing I have done to myself.

Good night all! Hugs.

Brent
Old 10-12-2009, 07:13 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
KC1

KC here. Monday night. Checking in. Sorry I have been incommunicado lately.

And no, TB, you did not scare me. Just been crazy crazy busy with work. It is now "budget time" in Corporate America....I am guessing its mostly like that for a lot of us, cuz it is for me. I have been immersed in how to make my company continue to be profitable. Gotta find hundreds of thousands to cut from the budget. Hard, very very hard. Involves personnel cuts, so I am not a happy camper.

Had a fun weekend. Did it involved drinking? Yes it did... at a client entertainment event, but I did very very well. A few sips here and there. That said, I got home at 6:00pm yesterday, quite tipsy, but just crawled into bed and did not wake up till 7:30am this morning. Best night of sleep I had in a long long time. Go figure.

Got my blood work and chest and back xrays done this afternoon - now can't even WALK because of the back pain. Taking triple strength Aleve. Not good. May have to result to walking with a cane later this week. Lots of friends think it is STRESS and STRESS alone. Could be? I sure as hell hope that is all it is. My back is KILLING ME. AHHHHHHH.

OK. Off to bed. Just wanted to check in friends. I appreciate the concern. I'd say you should probably worry about me if you don't hear from me within TWO weeks. Just give me a chance to get better, okay!

KC
Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Thought I'd just check in. Now an unbelievable day 65.

I'm still sober and it is now my new normality. I feel that I could continue like this for the foreseeable future. However and it is a big however I have kind of mentally prepared myself to drink on November 28th.

A group of people I know go out drinking at this time every year. It's like the Japanese equivalent of a Christmas party. Most of them know I've been off the drink but, not why. So yesterday I told them that I would definitely be drinking at the party. As soon as I got home I told my wife and, as per usual, she was like no problem. I am still conflicted and still don't know what I will do when the time comes.

If I drink then I'm sure I'll try (and most likely fail) moderation in the weeks after. If I don't drink then I really feel I have a big chance to remain sober for a real long, long time. Sadly I've kind of forgotten how bad I was when I stopped, how deep the depth was so to speak. I'm now, probably incorrectly, confident in my ability to refrain from alcohol. Strangely though, at present the one benefit of sobriety that I am most worried about losing is lack of fragrance of my sweat. I don't have to creep about the gym swerving to avoid people so as not to give them a whiff of my putrid alcohol sweat. This is the thing that, from just over two months ago, is most easy to recall. Indeed it is sweat that might save me.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:24 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Midton, Zebra, Banana, Sphal, congratulations on still sober for varying lengths of time, all more than me.

KC, good to know. Last week, I got to thinking I'd scared everybody out of my life in general... Probably an overreaction. Not used to emotions...

Brent, you can get through this...

PC, 's-word' lol... took me a minute.

Well, I made it through today (long day). First thing in the morning when I arrive to class, I always go to a unused walkway and smoke a cigarette and get my bearings, organize the day--just something I always do. I did the same today, and realized, it's a lot easier to remember what all I have to do when none of it involves making up for stuff I should have done already, or trying to get through the day jumping from shot to shot. A lot easier. In fact, I didn't really have much to organize. Spent a lot of time staring at a fern wondering what time period it came from.

My psych book that I finally got around to reading--yeah, I took a midterm based on what I remembered in class, do it all the time but it's scarier sober--actually has a lot to say about actualization and stuff. I'm gonna read it some more. It's relevant, even though it's not about alcohol really, to a lot of things I do/think and some I've seen others allude to.

Finally got punished for drinking (at something I care about...). Got a B on my essay, and a whole lot of notes scribbled all over my paper. It may sound backwards, but I needed something concrete to remember why not to drink... I forget how I felt very quickly. B's not that bad, though.

Coming down with something for the last few hours, and I know it's what my roommate had. She was out for three days, oh boy... Haven't had a flu in years, and it's tempting to drink it off. I still have to be fully functional on Wednesday, and Thursday I get to play with public transportation for a few hours... great fun ahead.

And I come home to another paradox. See, folks, thirtybubbas do not get to win, mostly in surreal ways, which is why I don't get into them a lot. I wouldn't believe most of what happens to me if it wasn't happening to me, so I can understand why people might think I'm exaggerating.

Last week, I got failed on inspection for not sweeping and mopping every floor. Note, my duty did say "Living Room, Sweep and Mop Floors." I started in that room, and swept & mopped... turns out I was supposed to do them all. Okay. But I come home tonight to find I failed inspection (my job was Bathroom, Clean Vanity, Toilet & Shower) for FAILING TO MOP THE BATHROOM FLOOR. Yeah, I yelled that. I meant to yell that.

Well, I got 9 smiley faces, and I'm in the 'easy part' of the week--although if this flu gets too bad, I'm going to have to delay it till the weekend. Too much is dependent on those two days, and not stuff I can just do later--gotta do the court stuff so I can leave the state in June.

Take care y'all,
-TB
Old 10-13-2009, 01:32 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm locking this one down cos I'm going to bed
New August Class Pt 5 is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...up-pt-5-a.html

D