Living in Sobriety Part 9

Old 08-07-2009, 03:14 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hi Rowan. What movie will you see??
Old 08-07-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
Thats great, keep up the good work stone, its worth it.
I will, I will.

Hi Ro. :ghug3
Old 08-07-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

have to go now. night all.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nitey Nite Nel. Enjoy the movie Ro. Stoney IO have a safe trip Louis

Where the heck is HOS Today?
Old 08-07-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My yorkie is a virgin....isnt she BEE.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Wow lot's going on here since lunch. Gheesh. LOL

No one's been on my Feelings thread since last month.

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Nice to see you Barb, hope the kittens are okay - what surgeries? Neuter/spay?
Yes, They had some kind of infection and the vet canceled their surgeries and put them on liver pills and antibiotics. Their blood cell count was sky high.
I guess it's something that was passed on to them from their mother.

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
Oh I see Hey Nel, do you know why the slogans are set up to read Live Easy but think first? There is a thread on it, I noticed it set up like that at my meetings but don't know why.
We have it set up like that at one of own meetings too. I don't know why either.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:37 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks for going on my thread Bee. I think writing down your feelings is very important. Especially in early recovery. But that's just my opinion.

Off to my meeting.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I think feelings are very important Barb. I like on Rusty's site the "how do you feel today" thread.

Sometimes I FEEL like a "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof". I use to say that to my kids when they were little and for some reason it use to crack them up.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa, everyone left and I missed all the fun! It's all about ME, ya know!!!!!! Maybe I should make "her" my avatar. Whaddaya think?

Anyhoo, I've missed you all. I typed a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG post last night and I hit "control V" by mistake and it went *poof* into cyber dust. Bah, humbug! My youngest said it was irretrievable (savvier than me) and suggested maybe it wasn't meant to be posted??!! Hmmm, I thought...maybe she was right...but also, interesting that she said that since she doesn't "believe" in the no coincidences thing....or maybe she does and she doesn't want to admit it????

The post was about how I came to be "here" (my story, more or less) and perhaps this isn't the right thread for that, but I feel I know snippets about each of you and would like to know more, so I decided it was only fair for me to go first...

....but it got deleted, so perhaps another time...

So, I went to a meeting tonight and was bringing pizza (just something I do when I go to this particular meeting, which isn't often). The TRAFFIC was horrendous (Cape Cod on a Fri nite...don't get me started...mutter mutter). But I was damned if I wasn't going to go, given I had the pizza in tow. Oh well, it gotten eaten lukewarm. The topic was ACCEPTANCE, which is always a doozy. I have a really HARD time "accepting" the traffic, but I'm working on it

Otherwise, I went to the dentist and need...count em...4 crowns...OUCH ($$$$$) and OUCH (ouch!). This too will pass although dentures could be good. Just drop em off for a cleaning and pick em up later!!!!

Hope everyone is well! Early meeting tomorrow, but I should be back by late afternoon (traffic notwithstanding, haha)

Luv youse guys!

lizzy
Old 08-07-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi HOS, I believe our kids do believe the same things we do, they just don't want to admit it, lol. I have done that same thing after posting a long post, but I always think "it wasn't meant to be posted". Sorry I missed you, will see you tomorrow. I have my HG tomorrow morning at 10, gotta make coffee and greet, I LOVE MY COFFEE
Old 08-07-2009, 06:53 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi Bee, sorry to have missed you again! I was over reading the thread, in "Alcoholism" entitled "can a Non'Alcoholic" understand. Really interesting. I have to say that I used to get bent out of shape when my hubby used to say "Don't drink!", or if I tell him how much sober time I have, he's like "That's good". In all fairness, we have talked about this and I think he finally understands how much effort it is for me and, because of THAT (because I don't think he really CAN understand), is attempting to be more proactive in his support.

There are so many unbelievable people on this forum. Sometimes the posts just take my breath away. More often than not, actually.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I know HOS, when I go in and read the friends and family threads I want to go in and say "I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, we're really not bad people, its this friggin disease." It just makes me sad that our addictions cause so much hurt in peoples lives. And especially those who don't try to get help.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Going to bed HOS, good night honey. I'll see ya in the morn, big day "Bee's B'Day"
Old 08-07-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

It's your birfday tomorrow, Bee? Cool!

I didn't see a movie - after meeting, took daughter and niece to play mini-golf. We played at this glow-in-the-dark joint that had awesome music it was great fun. I then took them to a trendy coffee shop and we shared chai lattes, cheesecake and pie. We all had a terrific night.

I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!
Old 08-08-2009, 12:34 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I would have liked to read your story Hos.

Ro, I can't lie in these days. I just woke at 8am and that is a lie in for me lately. I still often need a nap in the afternoon cos of the headaches, I found if I limit it to 2 hours it works pretty good, any longer than 2 hours and I can wake up in a very weird mood.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:01 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

morning everyone. I didnt get enough sleep and Im tired. anyway all animals to feed let out before I get ready for meeting so I will talk later. Lizzy never made cantact about doing chair, hope her plane is not delayed!!!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 01:04 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Mornin Nelly.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:05 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Happy Birthday BEE !! :day here is a picture of the lis gang offering gifts to you!! can you spot me??

First sober birthday in 5 years. I hope you have many more. Last year I did not know you existed and this year I value your opinion and support. You have been a good friend to me BEE and often the reason I turn on my computer. Keep giving back......it suits you. Whatever you do today big or small remember ..........you are loved.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:07 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

morning Stone
Old 08-08-2009, 01:15 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Happy birfday Bee! 9
:ghug3