Notices

Living In Sobriety Part 4

Old 07-02-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh gosh I just read back on part 3 of this thread and nearly cried seeing you googling where I live, Donna. I live about 30 miles north of Toronto. But I'm going to be okay, I promise. Thank you, everyone, for being SO kind and supportive.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Are you sure Ro? I really would try to come. I'm gonna hold both you and Barb in the pocket of my shirt next to my heart in hopes that you will both feel better. You can hear my prayers for you both.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The Day from Hell is coming to an end, thank God. I ate some jello and kept it down so now am having some chamomile tea to help the anxiety. Still having weird body temp issues, too hot then too cold, almost like menopause all over again... and that was 11 yrs ago.

Feeling guilty cause too sick to walk the dogs... but they don't complain, bless their doggie hearts.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Least. Do you want to talk about why your day was so bad? ((((Hugs))))

Scaredy, I agree with Bee. Don't let that AV wiggle in ANYWHERE. It isn't worth it, really, and you know this. It won't change anything and will only make things worse. I know that you know these things, but I'm just saying them out loud. ((((((Hugs))))))

Ro, I'm glad you are feeling better! What about our Bee, huh? A heart the size of the universe!

And Bee, you are the poster child of compassion ((((hugs)))))
Old 07-02-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hugs out to all...

So sorry to hear about the sorrows..Ro))))..hope the upped Prozac kicks in real soon.

Barb))) Wow...what an ordeal. I'm glad you called sponsor...always the thing to do

when you "feel like" drinking. And no beating yourself up for feeling like that, either.

it is what we alcoholics do when things get to a breaking point. Just remember that

feelings are distressing, not dangerous. I learned this a long time ago.

Glad you are a little better Least )))))

Donna))))

Stoney))))

You peeps seem to be okay today...okay!

Yesterday I had a Dr. appt...it was all right, she said I am doing "good"...then I went

with sober GF's to lunch and the movies to see Hangover. I am feeling sick today

though, a little...tummy trouble, it happens. I am not supposed to eat popcorn..but I

just... can't...resist it.

Lovies,

Take care everyone
Old 07-02-2009, 02:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Too much driving the kids around, here and there, was hardly home all day and felt so sick it was hard to do all this driving. Was so tense my muscles ache now.

Feel bad cause I've been too sick to clean up the house, and it's a huge mess. Also it's ck's bday and I'm too sick to take her out and celebrate...

Too sick to walk my dogs and they haven't been walked in two days. Am going to bed early tonight and pray I will be able to get some sleep, I'm exhausted.

Too many resentments toward my kids, too sick to do all this driving around but had to do it anyway, and feeling depressed and anxious and don't like myself today... :sorry to be such a whiny baby...
Old 07-02-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that all of this is happening at once, Susan, but am glad that you were able to get it out of your system (at least a little) by expressing it. Can you not have your kids chip in with the chores? Just a question.

Hi IQ!!!!! Funny, I always like the THOUGHT of popcorn, but HATE how it gets stuck in my teeth!!!!

I made a mirror today, for our eldest, who is having a rough time. I used wooden letters, so that each time she looks in it, at herself, she sees the phrase: Illegitimi Non Carborundum...(Don't let the Bastards Grind you Down). If I could, I'd send one to each of you, as well.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
IO Storm

HOS...

I would love one...whoah. Really.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
IO Storm

How are you?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

Hugs to those that need them and to those that don't

I took one tablet (half strength remember) and it might have put me to sleep if it wasn't for the heat in my room, I am gonna wrap a cold wet towel around my neck and shoulders for a while to cool down and take another tablet and try again.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:05 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The kids are 'supposed' to clean up after themselves, and if they actually did that the house wouldn't be a wreck now... But I'm not cleaning it until I'm able to stand up without feeling faint.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm feeling pretty centered and solid (keeping fingers crossed because I know how ephermeral that security can be). I'm sorry that a good number of people I have grown to care about here, are having a difficult time. I try to do what I can with words, but really, I would like to be there for everyone in person. So, centered, but frustrated, I guess.

Thank you for asking, you sweet soul! Do you want a full length, or just a small mirror???? Really, I would send one, but I'd be nervous asking for addresses lest someone doubt my integrity. At least that way, I could sort of be there in person!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

How old are your kids, Least? Can you not "hold out" on things that you are doing for them until they start pulling their weight? There is NO REASON you should have to do it all (spoken from experience, because I WOULD do it, then resent it and THEN drink as a result). Not going there now, nope.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Stoney I always love hugs.

HOS.. lol. No, I don't give my address to (anyone)...it's just my thing.

But I can change my mind...

I need to go now, not feeling well at all..I'd best take something for my stomach and

lie down for a bit.

Laters..
Old 07-02-2009, 03:33 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yr mirrors sound great E!

Have a good evening all - I'm off to start my day in that nasty real world thing

D
Old 07-02-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

IQ, I totally understand. It's strange though, isn't it, that we forge these bonds here, yet it is still the internet and we need to protect ourselves.

About the mirrors though, it was really easy to make, so you could make one yourself!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:38 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Love you Dee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Gonna try for a sleep again, see yaz later. :ghug
Old 07-02-2009, 03:51 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Feed the dogs in an hour and go to bed soon after that. Maybe I'll sleep thru the upgrades!
Old 07-02-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Good night everyone.

I am sorry there is so much pain for a lot of people on "Living in sobriety" at the moment. Life is good but life is also tough.
Today was very busy for me. I had loads of personal stuff to tend too and I also drove out of town a bit to meet a sponsee. Spend 2 hours there, then did some shopping for dog/cat food and water, cleaning stuff... These things I get in Aldi. (cheap) I buy in bulk .The other food I get in a different shop. Came home and one of my baby chicks was dead..very sad but it happens. Cleaned out their houses. Another sponsee rang and I ended up on phone for an hour to her. Tomorrow she is coming out to my house and we are going over a step. So I have just cooked shepards pie......I am just doing it so it will save me cooking tomorrow.
I am sitting in my kitchen now and its a really bad storm outside. lightening and thunder. I have the window open and I can hear dogs barking. My yorkie is fast asleep and so is hubby. I have just put out the lights to watch the storm. Talk about a power greater!!
I am glad I am sober today. I am glad I can be responsible for myself. I hope I never forget my last drink.