Notices

Living In Sobriety Part 4

Old 07-03-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Thanks for asking about our weekend, Nelco. I haven't been to this particular cottage before, it belongs to a new friend's family. A 'cottage' in Ontario is typically a smallish summer vacation spot. Has all the amenities, but is usually on the water (a freshwater lake), is deep in the woods (hence mosquitoes), and time is usually spent sitting up past dark roasting marshmallows over an open fire in the yard by the water.

The weather is supposed to suck - I'm just preparing!

What else will we do? Probably play cards, watch movies, swim if the weather permits, and I will (possibly) bring my kayak even though it's a pain in the ass to tie onto my car. But if it means I can get out for an early-morning paddle while the rest of the crew sleep - I think it might be worth it. I might find my HP out on the water, who knows.

We will live in our bathing suits and sweats, will have unwashed hair, will eat a lot, rest a lot, talk, read, etc. It's my first time with these two gals, though. They will drink some, but not a whole lot hopefully. My daughter is a little nervous and shy about it too, but the girls we are with are really nice so I'm sure it will all be fine.

The woods will be teeming with birds, squirrels, skunks, chipmunks, raccoons, and (I hope rare) bear.

I am going food shopping soon - on my lunch hour. Then to pack a bag when I get home and load up the (possibly) kayak. The girls will be there to meet us about an hour after I get home so time is of the essence. We will follow one another to the cottage - just over an hour to get there and traffic will be HEAVY.

Maybe I'll pick up some new music at Wal-Mart for me and daughter to listen to on the way. Yes that would be nice. Some Rascal Flatts. LOL thank God she will have her iPod.
I am jealous!! That sounds like just what you need and I hope you can at least be open to the possibility of hp. when you are sitting out at that lake at night looking up at the stars remember you didn't put on those lights. There is something bigger than all of us. I believe we are all on a journey Rowan. Who knows what you are been taught right now but there are lessons in everything. I am hoping those girls don't drink too much while you are in such a delicate state. Have you a plan if they do? Maybe Gary will be visiting lol
Old 07-03-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Anxiety sucks! CAn't concentrate or sit still, feeling too hot then too cold. Took my meds this morning but so far no help. It's not a bad day here but wish I could calm down...
Old 07-03-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Sorry you still aren't feeling well Least. Give it time, get some rest. That's really all you can do.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Nel, It is a good feeling being in a church, I always feel closer to God there. I must get back to going to church. How can I expect my HP to visit with me when I don't visit him at his home.
Yes its nice Bee when you have it to yourself especially but I think my Hp is everywhere.
I dont believe I have to go to the church but I like it sometimes. We were reading stuff today and reminding ourselves to just be still, be quiet, just be!!.... to be at one with hp. to let hp in.
We alcoholics are always running, racing, working it all out etc. heads always going at a hundred miles an hour.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I believe we are all on a journey Rowan. Who knows what you are been taught right now but there are lessons in everything.
Nel I love you, you are like our den mother here on LIS, you always have the right words and you look at the big picture when we only see a frame. :ghug3
Old 07-03-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by scaredykat View Post
Time for lunch. Jimmy got us pizza. Be back latter.
can someone tell me who is Jimmy.
and mr k while your at it. also explain ck....I think I have worked out dk

You fellas seem to forget I dont do bottoms!!

I dont do bottoms........lol

ya hear that stone.........i can hear you laughing!!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

heads always going at a hundred miles an hour.
That is my head Nel, I try to quiet it so I can just pray or meditate and it just keeps racing, I have to keep pulling back to whatever I was thinking, trying to stay there but I loose focus again and again. I am more aware of it lately, and trying to stop the thoughts from going on and on.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
Nel I love you, you are like our den mother here on LIS, you always have the right words and you look at the big picture when we only see a frame. :ghug3
Thank you Believe.....I am touched, really I am. Hp talks through people too!!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

also explain ck
I think its college kid, dk is defiant kid, pk is pregnant kid even though she's not pregnant anymore. lol.

I'm taking it that Jimmy is Mr. K or maybe Scaredy has a boyfriend
Old 07-03-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post

ya hear that stone.........i can hear you laughing!!

I was too.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:58 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

college kid lol.....I thought was cheeky kid
Old 07-03-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

in my house ck would be crazy kids
Old 07-03-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

here Believe sing along with me and everyone else too.......come on stone you know you can't resist really.....YouTube - The Carpenters - Top Of The World
Old 07-03-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nel, she's dead!!! Not on top of the world any more.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

lol.......negative again Believe!! The message not the messenger!! I am dedicating that song to the LIS gang ok!!......"its the love that I found ever since youve been around"
Old 07-03-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

its the love that I found ever since youve been around
:ghug3
Old 07-03-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

You are very cheesy today Nel. lol
Old 07-03-2009, 10:24 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I gave up on the dk,pk,rk,qk and who know what else! I just figured that it is someone close...

I feel like.... but I'm getting really FRUSTRATED with this site going in and out...

Hugs all...off to Walmart...:ghug2
Old 07-03-2009, 10:31 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by stone View Post
You are very cheesy today Nel. lol
ha ha I know.....one can't always be cool can one??
Just bloody sing the song stone!!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

HOS why do you not ans my posts? lol