Notices

Living In Sobriety Part 4

Old 07-09-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 541 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm back from spending a couple hours with pk and screaming baby. Ya know, just when I think I've got it bad I find someone who's got it worse... pk is in bad shape mentally. Overwhelming depression and stress over a baby who doesn't sleep much and cries a lot, screams, actually. She told me she's been so distraught she's had thoughts of suicide. I urged her to call our mental health crisis team and talk to them for immediate solutions.

I am quite worried about her mental health. She's so depressed she doesn't want to do anything but sleep, and that's not always possible with a new baby who cries a lot and sleeps less. She was given antidepressants and is taking them but they're probably not working yet, and she doesn't know what to do in the meantime. Please keep her in your prayers for some relief and soon. I am very worried about her.:praying
Old 07-09-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 542 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers out, least - being a new mom is tough, even in the best of health.

what's up with the newf? is she ok? i saw her hug thread and now i am worried. i know she's been struggling with adjusting the meds and all, but did somefin else happen that i missed? i need a DEE BRIEF.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 543 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

hey we are still here. Least I am also praying for pk and the baby. Is Pk very young?
a crying baby can be exhaustinge. maybe ck could help out there and let her sleep for a while.
Hi parentcovers sounds like nice food and also sounds like a nice union you have there. Does he play golf? Does he like clothes? What about nature? a nice book on bird watching (feathered kind) and a set of bionoculars or book on star gazing and a telescope.
Bee im so excited about you going to that interview and I am praying you get the job. So close to home and all.

Stone :day6

Rowan :ghug3

LIZ, Tan, Espresso,dee rusty and everyone else
Old 07-09-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 544 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

IO

Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 545 (permalink)  

Least. My dog's name is Allie and yes she is a beagle.

Went and had a facial this morning. It was lovely. I got a gift certificate for it for my birthday. I have great friends.

Hugs going out to all of you knuckleheads!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 546 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Pk is almost 22. And asking ck to help out is not practical as she doesn't care much for young babies. Tho it wouldn't hurt to ask her...
Old 07-09-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 547 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Nelcs!

: :

Here I is...

I tried to post at 12:00 a.m. ...wrote a nice little thing..about self care, not wanting

to worry anyone..and SR zapped me right out! lol

So, I figured it was (really) time to practice that self care, take all my meds..and go to

bed! I did.

I didn't get a chance to post on Sis's thread yet...still need to get on over there.

Row...if you are around, I love you.

Thanks so much Nelcs..and everyone else.

Donna..this is wonderful news about the interview...I'll pray and help you to "keep the

faith" about the outcome.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 548 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Babes

Made me misty there...

When I've gone through a "rough patch"...and have phoned my sponsor, and have beaten

up on myself a little (or a lot)..she always asks me.."Did you stay sober?"

And then I realize my head comes up off my chest and I know...I have accomplished

something..my program has been working (me)..even in the middle of all of my problems.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:13 AM
  # 549 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Tan !

Least !

I'll be back in a bit...
Old 07-09-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 550 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hanging on by my fingernails today, what with worry about pk and ck driving me crazy being herself... I'm going to have to get 'strict' with her as she's now whining about my asking her to care for my dogs while in MN early next month. She wants to be paid to do it!!! I reminded her that I've been caring for her cat all last year while she was off at college... and she had the nerve to say "well, he's easy to take care of!" I had to remind her that I paid two vet bills for her 'easy' cat and that I buy the food and litter and feed him and etc. She's quite selfish and I'm sick of it.

I will just tell her that she WILL care for my dogs while I have a well deserved vacation with ek and her family, so there! Selfish selfish selfish...
Old 07-09-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 551 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Wow, you guys sure do play when I'm gone I come back to no one here. Went to my meeting and ended up leading it Step 2 WOO HOO.

Parent, I've been thinking about you, how did it go with your friend the other day? You and hubby sound "in love still" that's really nice. Lunch sounded delicious, I'm kind of hungry.

Least, you might be surprised, CK might just like helping her sister out. It's always nice when you get to help someone

IO, glad you are taking your med's and taking care of yourself. Keep on with one foot in front of the other. God didn't bring us here for no reason you know.

Tanya, a facial sounds really nice, yes you do have good friends. Friends are God's gift to us. You sound much better honey.

Stone, Yes if nothing else, you are sober today. YAY

Nel, you must be very tired today my friend, but you still have that wonderful wisdom and kindness. You are one of God's gifts to me.

Who else am I forgetting, let me go back and check. okay, gotcha all
Old 07-09-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 552 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

ek and her family, so there!
Another K kid, I know Eldest right Least
Old 07-09-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 553 (permalink)  
IO Storm

There you go, Least! Yes!!!!

And gentle hugs to you today..and prayers for pk.

I posted on the other thread. I know what PPD is like...my first breakdown.

I sure feel for this lamb...so many emotions.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 554 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My counselor just called me and we talked for a while. it was good to vent to her. My anxiety had been easing up a bit until pk's call this morning. Now it's thru the roof. Have a headache that won't go away and feel like I'm 'spinning' like the tazmanian devil, and going nowhere.

Counselor also reminded me to stay in touch with SR... she's so smart.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 555 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

just a flying visit but I will be back. least how many more k's ? you nearly have the whole alphabet there. I think ck should try and help pk. It might just make her more responsible.She could make a cup of tea and tidy house for pk if she is nervous with the baby.... they sound like average that age k's to me least. its getting through it with ur sanity. I had a my miscarraige at 13 weeks when my son was 4 and I prayed and prayed for more kids. I ended up with one of my brothers teenagers, so I know the joys.....but it all passes and changes. The house does get quiet again least.......and it goes fast. ( i know that is not what you want to hear now)
your councelor is wise :ghug3
Old 07-09-2009, 12:24 PM
  # 556 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just got a call from sponsee's sister, she is at her house, the sister is begging me to come over, I told her I would call her back. My sponsor can't make it, I told the sister that she needs to get into a rehab that she is going to kill herself, that she was lucky she didn't get killed by the car last night. She has stitches on her face, the guy in the car called 911. I'm shocked the hospital didn't keep her. I told her sister that her and my sponsee's husband need to tell her rehab or there will be consequences. I don't know what else to do. I would be telling her the same thing if I was there, I can't help her if she is not willing to help herself. And I did say this to her sister.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:29 PM
  # 557 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Least, sometimes the baby feels our stress and that causes them to be more anxious and cry more. Your daughter really needs someone to just give her a break for awhile, what about the baby's dad? Is he around or can they call him and maybe he can give her a couple hours to herself. I will pray that somehow this will work itself out. I know when my son was born he was constantly crying and needed to be held. Never, ever slept more than 1/2 hr at a time. I feel for her Least but I do know that until someone gives her a break she will not be any good to herself or that child.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:46 PM
  # 558 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continue:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ewthread&f=146