Notices

Class of January Part 5

Old 09-03-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hi guys........I am on my work laptop........my personal computer is still toast. Now they are sending out a motherboard......I hope it is up and running soon, I start another online class next week!! You don't realize how much you use your computer till it dies.......

Glad everyone is good......nice job in Vegas "highroller mike."

I will try and use my work one if necessary and post more. You guys need some humor around here........Fub tries, but..........lol.

HUGS......
Old 09-04-2009, 02:34 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Woowhoo,
VC's back online! Kinda...
Sorry about your 'puter, that sucks.
Don't be so rough on Fub, he really does try hard and usually succeeds in the wit dept, but we really need you... y'all play off each other quite well. Besides he gave me some hints that served me well in Vegas. My vet buddy had a blackjack game loaded on his lap top and we practiced/played on the flight in, good prep work.
I wish you well on your next class VC, you'll do great as usual.
Have an awesome day class.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Resident

No jokes, lame or otherwise today, I am sick and tired of cleaning house and in poor spirits today. I just want to sleep and even that isn't making me feel better. I don't want to go to the gym bit I will and if someone pisses me off today I will likely swear at them.
One more thing. Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Resident

Good to see you again Sandy.
I guess for you summer is just around the corner. We didn't get much of a summer here in Toronto.
Got back from the gym and my walk and feel better now although I still do not feel like cleaning.
I post in three places right now only. First and foremost here, my 16 week fitness challenge which ends next week so that will be the end of that, and the100 day OS free thread which I may leave after the fitness challenge because I do not want to live without sugary treats. That will leave me here and the next challenge I start after the fitness challenge. The subject is a surprise but you are all welcome to join.
I no longer post in the newcomers section for a couple of reasons. The first and foremost being that I am quitting drinking because my wife will leave if I don't. I got tired of everyone, AA or not, saying if you quit for someone or something else you will definitely fail. This is not the type of support that helps me have the confidence to succeed and not what I need to hear.
The second reason is that even if a newcomer is in the same boat as I am and I give them encouragement that it can be done for your relationship with someone else they also do not need others saying you have to do it for yourself and change this and that in yourself or you will fail. So it is better for all if I bow out.
I do sometimes chime in if someone is trying to quit to make things better for their young kids as I feel encouragement to them is more important than the possibility of conflict.
It is great that you have taken the role of big sister to your nephew. I am sure he needs the support and someone to talk to that is not in the parenting role. You should be proud of yourself for that.
I hope more Jans check in. Some where New Years resolution types but some where with us for a while and it would be nice to hear how it is going and that they are doing OK.
I have had a New Years resolution to get six pack abs since forever and although I am not QUITE there yet this may be the year.
Sorry about the negativity this AM. It is something I am trying to get rid of. (hint)
Have a good weekend friends and next week I will try to display my sarcastic sense of humour.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:39 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

OzSandy, wonderful to hear from you!

Don't be scared of these dental guys, they know what they're doing.

Doesn't matter if you can't open your mouth.. they have seen all these
problems time and time again, and they know what to do, with minimal discomfort to you.

I remember you well, and was disappointed when you left.

I always loved your pics.....

Sounds like you're doing well, and that makes me happy...

Kinda makes me want to gun the bike down that road,
although I'd probably be on the wrong side.

Last edited by Richard54; 09-05-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:43 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Sandy!

Enjoy the weekend class... 4:45am my time and off to work, yuk!
Old 09-05-2009, 03:37 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Resident

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.
There is a Spanish festival uptown this weekend and I am looking forward to having something different for lunch today at one of the food tents.
A change is as good as a break.
I am going to go back to bed for a little more sleep which is better than working on the weekend but a day off during the week is nice too. Wait I have the days of the week of too.
Don't be thinking I am a lazy bum either. I am a retired man of leisure who is supporting the younger generation by sacrificing and not taking a job one of them can have. It is an almost saintly selfless act.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Fubar, the patron saint of work avoidance. LOL.

Well it's Saturday....have a little too much time on my hands........I do have some plans for the next couple days though......got a tee-time for Monday morning.....that will be fun.

Just want to say happy birthday to Sir Richard. He is 29 this year. Again.

7:day2
Old 09-05-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
I am a retired man of leisure who is supporting the younger generation by sacrificing and not taking a job one of them can have. It is an almost saintly selfless act.
Nice! And...thanks.

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
......got a tee-time for Monday morning.....that will be fun.

Just want to say happy birthday to Sir Richard. He is 29 this year. Again.
Happy B-Day Richard!

Hey VC,
I too have a tee time monday. Playing in a tournament...looking forward to it!
Enjoy yourself on the links funny girl. Remember a bad day at golf beats a good day at work Don't expect Fub to understand that though.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:15 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Resident

I am not familiar with either golf or work.

The Spanish festival was kinda boring. It reminded me of one of those outdoor markets in one of those Island tourists places where everyone wa trying to sell the same cheap merchandise to visitors.
I had a greasy roast pork sandwich for 9 bucks. I think I will take a pass on it if it returns next year. The beer area was packed with Spanish speaking people drinking imported beers. That mighta been fun in the past but I don't drink anymore.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hope you all are having a decent weekend........the greasy pork sandwich did not sound too good......how much longer is the fitness challenge?? Then I take it you are moving on to being a positive guy.......out with the negativity, right? So you will have to say things like "boy this pork sandwich sure is shiny!!" LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Well football season is just about here.....hope my Patriots can keep Brady healthy.....we don't exactly have a backup to speak of.....it should be an interesting season with all the coaching changes.........

Later kids.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:31 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class
One more week left in the fitness challenge.
Good guess on my next challenge VC. It will be the 8 week positivity challenge and I am going to post about it in the newcomers section and I hope you will all join me. It will start 1 week from today.
Now it is off to the crowded gym since it is a long weekend holiday Monday here. After the challenge I will not be going to the gym on anymore long weekends. Yay.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:43 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Then I take it you are moving on to being a positive guy.......out with the negativity, right? So you will have to say things like "boy this pork sandwich sure is shiny!!" LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Good guess on my next challenge VC. It will be the 8 week positivity challenge and I am going to post about it in the newcomers section and I hope you will all join me. It will start 1 week from today.
Boy Fub, this sounds like it will be one your most challenging challenges yet... Although a little uncomfortable, I know you will step up as always,(I'm positive) time to stretch you a little eh?

Hey VC I love "shiny sandwiches". Have fun golfing.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:53 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Resident

The shiny sandwich was good for a change but I wouldn't want to eat one too often.

Well it is back to school time already.
This year seems to be flying by quickly.
Soon the frost will be on the pumpkin and you know what that means.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Resident

Good mid morning class.
I plucked our thread out from near the bottom of the page and saved it from disappearing into the void of the next page.
I am a hero and expect a medal for my heroic efforts.
It was almost dare I say it ----------wor - k.
That was exhausting. I need a nap now.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:38 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Good mid morning class.
I plucked our thread out from near the bottom of the page and saved it from disappearing into the void of the next page.
I am a hero and expect a medal for my heroic efforts.
It was almost dare I say it ----------wor - k.
That was exhausting. I need a nap now.
My hero...
Super Fub!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hectic day today.....at work, had to miss a doc appt and then rushed home for a no call, no show tech for my computer......then had to jump right into my online class...downloading stuff on my work laptop to get by..........GEEZ! And for a one-credit class, it sure looks like alot of stuff to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I have nothing but time!! LOL.......

How do you eat an elephant JSM???

HUGS to all.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:35 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Hectic day today.....at work, had to miss a doc appt and then rushed home for a no call, no show tech for my computer......then had to jump right into my online class...downloading stuff on my work laptop to get by..........GEEZ! And for a one-credit class, it sure looks like alot of stuff to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I have nothing but time!! LOL.......

How do you eat an elephant JSM???

HUGS to all.
...mmm elephant... Maybe SuperFub could help with the heavy lifting. Sorry to hear about your day funny girl, it will all pay off in the end, keep up the strong work.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:52 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Resident

Well I am still not well and who else will listen to me whine but my loyal classmates.
I am guessing that I have some kind of food poisoning and if I had to guess the source I would bet it was that shiny pork sandwich.
No more Spanish food festivals for me.
With only two gym days left in my challenge I am going to tough it out. Some people would call me crazy and they would be right.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

JSM.....you hit me with "how do you eat an elephant" a long time ago......answer being, "one bite at a time." I have since passed those pearls of wisdom along to a couple friends and it even made it to a nation-wide corporate meeting at World Market. So you are inadvertently famous. HA!

I THINK the computer is up.....I still have windows that freeze and I have to use task manager to close them....but for now, I will deal with it. Have to get my protection back up to par.....

Friday already.......nice. I am busy today but I have been up for the challenge as of late. Probably from being so angelic lately.

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well still Fub. I had a 4 hour ordeal with something Sunday night.....yesterday I started with a borderline sore throat but I am almost thinking it may be something blooming.....allergies.....dunno. I love Fall but I am not looking forward to being cold. Life sure zooms along doesn't it?

What a great season opener for the NFL last night. Glad I picked Pitt in my pool.

What's everyone doing this weekend?