Notices

Class of January Part 5

Old 08-17-2009, 12:29 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Four!!!

Nice pic Richard, you just like VC never fail to post relevant and inspiring photos.

I've just now emerged from my self imposed media blackout until watching the PGA championship that I recorded while on the day trip to the border... wow, Tiger couldn't hang onto his lead-guess he really is human.

Hey Richard, you need to call around for a tee time up there in BC. Earlier works better for me, but am willing to start later if the remainder of our foursome desires...
Old 08-17-2009, 04:07 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

We may need a later tee time as it will take me a bit to get there........do I have to wear my heels when we golf?
Old 08-17-2009, 05:55 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
We may need a later tee time as it will take me a bit to get there........do I have to wear my heels when we golf?
Yes you do have to wear heels, you wore them in Richard's photo. The heels accentuate your already awesome gams... this time please put on fishnet stockings too
Old 08-17-2009, 06:42 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I am starting to feel like a golfer and not a piece of meat............
Old 08-17-2009, 08:25 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Guess I may have sounded kinda sexist... the LPGA has been fighting that battle for years. I'm still 14 years old in many ways.
Besides, heels and fishnet probably wouldn't pass the 'dress code' most courses enforce anyway. Would be funny to watch though, the first time you step on the green with that footwear the heel would sink in and you would walk right out of your stilettos. Us guys would be laughing so hard you'd be a 'shoe in' to win that hole.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:11 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class.
Stlilettos and micro skirts??? Really JS I don't think VC is that kind of swinger.
Tjat reminds me of the time Johnny Cardon got sued by the Palmers.
He had Arnold Palmers wife on the show back in the times when things were prim and proper.
Johnny asked her is she did anything to give Arnie luck before the big tournaments.
She said I kiss his balls.
Johnny said "Boy I'll bet that makes hsi putter stand up." :rotfxko
Bang lawsuit.
That was so risque in the age of innocence.

Good to see you Sandy. That is one big sand trap. Hope all is going well for you.
I haven't had any sweets since May 25 thanks to the OB thread here under eating disorders so you may want to join us if you are giving up sweets for awhile. It has worked for me.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:47 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

That golf course looks like one of the gravel pits around here! Good practice with the pitching wedge for sure!

JSM--Would be funny to watch though, the first time you step on the green with that footwear the heel would sink in and you would walk right out of your stilettos. Us guys would be laughing so hard you'd be a 'shoe in' to win that hole.
I am glad you have another job JSM....stand up may not be for you........LOL. AR AR AR

DAY 11 for me....still feeling tired but good.........MUCH better spirits these days.

Have a good day.....talk at ya later!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

You're right VC, stand-up comedy is not for me. I'll leave it to the pro's. Love that Palmer and Carson thing Fub... Johnny was a pro and is dearly missed.

Always nice to hear from you Sandy. Glad Spring is looming for you down under. Can't wait for Fall to start here in south central Texas, we've had long drought with water restrictions and 50+ straight days of 100 degrees or more... Thank goodness for air conditioning.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:20 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class.
I hope everyone is doing well today on your continued journey. I am pulling for you all and you have all been an aid in my own battle.
Posting and sharing and joking here have helped me from being bored and boredom was the main thing that lead me down to the bar in the basement.
I now find the basement bar people boring so I have no interest in going there and spending $6 a beer to be bored when I can stay at home and be bored for free.
How is that for lazy logic??
Old 08-19-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

$6 a beer?????? I am moving to Canada and opening a bar. Holy smoke, they are like $2.00-2.50 here.

Today is going to be beautiful.......about 75............but have you guys noticed the days are getting shorter?
Where DID the summer go? Oh I know.......in an algebra book.......sigh.

Have a good day peeps!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:09 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Damn Fub,
for $6 I used to get one hell of buzz going... granted, it was not at a bar, but still.
Forgot how expensive Canada could be.
Have a good day class.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Resident

Ya alcohol is expensive here. Most of it goes to taxes which I never begrudged paying. I prefer consumption taxes over income taxes anyways.
At the retail level beer is about $1.50 a bottle and liquor is about $30 for a 26 ouncer so for $6 you can drink at home and get 4 beer or 4 shots which was never enough to get a buzz. At the bar I would spend $60 a session 3-4 times a week. That is in Canadian dollars whuch are becoming more valuable because we have almost as much oil as Texas and the Ewings are not happy about that. :rotfxko
Old 08-20-2009, 03:49 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class
Just finishing my protein shake.
Pretty soon I will be eating spinach and fiddelhead greens. Can life get any better.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:03 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I am glad I am not your stomach. I would be looking for some chips!!

So have we dwindled down to the mighty three-some????? Not that I mind......especially flanked by two such handsome men!
I wouldn't have it any other way!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:05 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

I do enjoy fresh baby spinach, substitute for lettuce in salad and on sandwiches etc... but not familiar with fiddlehead. Will look it up later, of course after my round of golf this a.m.
My wife makes us protein shakes blended with with fresh fruit-strawberry, blue berries and alike, YUMMY!
Old 08-21-2009, 04:00 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Resident

good day eh.
I am familiar with strawberries and blueberries but I have never had alike.
I usually have some type of berries for my last snack of the day. Raspberries are my favorite but the season is ending soon so I will have to wait and see what the fall season brings.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Wise guy eh.
The Fall season brings alike, has to be fresh not frozen. Ask your local grocer...
Old 08-21-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Will be attending my 'poor mans country club' dinner tonight. There will also be a little golf involved... long drive and putting contest. $150 and $75 1st place prize money respectively. See the announcement below... had to ask the spouse what gorgonzola is... I'm so refined. Less than a year ago I would've zeroed in on the beer/drink specials and brought cash accordingly.

The last Summer Nights event is this Friday!

August 21st Menu
Smoked Porkloin, Gorgonzola Penne Pasta,
Italian Vegetables & Canyon Springs House Salad
plus
$2.00 beer & $3.00 mixed drink specials

Dinner & Live Music start at 7pm
Reservations are suggested, but not required
Let us reserve a table for your group of any size
Old 08-21-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

gorgonzola is a nice soft cheese......you can mix it with others. JSM, I made a gorgonzola football for Superbowl one year. Yum.

Sounds like a fun night with good food! Have fun!!
Old 08-21-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Resident

I was wondering what a gorgonzola was. It sounds like something with only one eye.