# 541 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by least View Post
Nighty night to all you UKers.:ghug
ukers.....
Old 06-11-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 542 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

its 00.12 here now so im off night least!
Old 06-11-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 543 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What's wrong with "UKers"??:wtf2 Has my poor knowledge of geography gotten me into hot water? I failed it in high school, ya know... Or is it European politics and countries I"m poor at??
Old 06-11-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 544 (permalink)  

Ireland is not part of the Uk, Least.....well, a small part of it is...but that is a sore point.

The Scottish don't like it much either even though they are at least part of the same land mass. I was once told to leave Scotland just for being English, I tried to explain I wasn't 500 years old and had nothing to do with the atrocities committed, but they didn't seem to understand.

Nobody cares about the Welsh.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:23 PM
  # 545 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I must have failed world history too, cause I have no awareness of such things. :sorry Didn't mean to insult anyone.

That's really sad. YOu and Nelco are friends yet the countries you are from are not. What's wrong with this picture??

I am glad I'm sober tonight but I am sad for the world.

Last edited by least; 06-11-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:46 PM
  # 546 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post

That's really sad. YOu and Nelco are friends yet the countries you are from are not. What's wrong with this picture??
Cos it all happened years ago. I dunno, we are all people.

I have a friend in AA going over to Northern Ireland for teh "12th", he told me about it and I looked at him like, "you are insane" and he likes it.
He is going over to Ireland to say that some gay dutch guy was asked by the germans that ruled us to quel a rebellion or something?
Old 06-11-2009, 06:36 PM
  # 547 (permalink)  

Where does a Welsh person hail from? Wales? Where is that? Wow I didn't know that stuff either. Hunh.

My parents are going to Scotland in August for 10 days, and to accompany my baby sister home. She has been there for 10 months now. My parents were going to rent a car but we talked them out of it. My father is a menace on the roads HERE, I couldn't imagine the trouble he would get into if the steering wheel was on the opposite side of the car AND he had to drive in the opposite lane! They are going on a bus tour instead and are going to the Isle of Wight among other places. My grandmother was born on the Isle of Wight before emigrating to Canada many many years ago. My Dad has never been there so he is excited. My Mom is not looking forward to the flight.

I have been MIA most of the day - we had our annual law enforcement torch run today in support of the special olympics, so myself and some others walked it but also ran in spots. It was 7.4 kms and it was fun, even though me and my pal fell way behind LOL. I went to my HG afterwards and now I am home.

I see that Stone is up and causing trouble in one of the other forums LOL well I shouldn't say causing trouble that's not true - but that thread worries me so I am trying to stay out of it.

Donna - hope you're okay, hon.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:50 PM
  # 548 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm okay everyone and sorry I had everyone worried

I went to a trifecta with meetings 3 back to back. Just walked in the door. I guess its what I needed today. Nel you are absolutely right, I will not drink over stupid small stuff, and it is all small stuff in the grand scheme of things.
Thank you all for being so worried about me, love you all bunches and glad you are a part of my sobriety and my life.
Seems you all had a grand old time tonight, good for that.
I went to my usual 5:30, got there 5 and set up then was leaving for some coffee, Nobody made it tonight, and ran into a friend, so we picked up coffee together and after meeting ran into another friend and decided the three of us would go to a 7:00 mtg, was great I shared about my stuff and then found out another mtg at 8:15 so stayed for that, wow, who would have thought I'd be going to back to back to back mtgs. My HP works in very mysterious ways and I'm so glad he does too.

Hi Ro, I see you're the only one who is still awake with me
Old 06-11-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 549 (permalink)  

Hi Donna I'm glad I checked back in before bed glad you had a good day and night wow three meetings that's awesome!

Have a super night - up early for 'school' tomorrow - all-day training ARGH
Old 06-11-2009, 07:10 PM
  # 550 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Good night Ro, sweet dreams. I cant believe that all of you cared enough about me to be worried. That means alot to me. Thanks
Old 06-11-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 551 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Good Morning Stoney
Old 06-11-2009, 08:26 PM
  # 552 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Can't sleep, feeling bad that I had you guys worried. Wish someone was awake right now. Oh well, I guess I'll see ya in the am

Wake up Stoney
Old 06-11-2009, 09:43 PM
  # 553 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
We are alone again nelco......night night !!

your friend

Nelco

that was so funny....and as it's now morning, and this is a we program:

"Good Morning Nelco, from espresso"

and hello stoney.....did you enjoy your frozen pizza......no......I'm not posting a picture of one. Relief all round!

Old 06-12-2009, 02:16 AM
  # 554 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Morning Stone

Morning espresso im glad you did not post a pizza....your wrecking my waistline!!

I have a friend in AA going over to Northern Ireland for teh "12th",

As you know Stone I live in southern Ireland now which is ...NOT IN THE UK. for those reading..... but I am orginally from a border town.( south side) My family all still live up there. Isnt it amazing how little the rest of the guys on this thread knows about our countries and after all the years we were at war we each other. It seemed to be permanently on the news. I went to an AA meeting in that border town about 10 years ago and was amazed to see "prnciples before personalities"... in action....There were people in that meeting sharing together that would normally ignore each other if they met in the street!! AA is great in so many ways.

Believe we had our own version of sopranoes here, and it was not pretty. I am glad you are ok. we were concerned about ya!! But I knew you had the big girl pants on yesterday and you were going to be ok.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:09 AM
  # 555 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Thanks Nel

Where the hell is Stoney
Old 06-12-2009, 04:17 AM
  # 556 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I went to an AA meeting in that border town about 10 years ago and was amazed to see "prnciples before personalities"... in action....There were people in that meeting sharing together that would normally ignore each other if they met in the street!! AA is great in so many ways.
It is amazing how this program works Nel. I guess differences aside, we all have that common bond of alcoholism and know the pain and suffering it has caused each of us.

Believe we had our own version of sopranoes here, and it was not pretty. I am glad you are ok. we were concerned about ya!! But I knew you had the big girl pants on yesterday and you were going to be ok.
Never leave home without your big girl pants on (I was told) Actually got to meet a newbie last night still suffering from the shakes and let me tell you even if you have the desire to drink again (which I DID NOT have) you see those shakes and its like F*ck this I don't want to be like that ever again. Thank you Jesus!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 557 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hey Stoney, I just remembered you have a Doctors appt this morning. Hope you get everything straightened out with him

Ro, good luck in the training class.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 558 (permalink)  

I don't have a Doctors appointment, Donna.

Hi everyone. :ghug
Old 06-12-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 559 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jules62
Just want to make this clear too....

I don't agree with Tib lying about his sober time.At all.I get the way he sees people earning respect in AA for their 'time' but I still think it's wrong to lie.And the self pity?Well-like this is new to any of us?

Weren't we all like this once and some of us still are that self absorbed.Some here have entire threads dedicated to their every thought/move and I find it self indulgent and unhealthy.It's so intrinsic in alcoholics that we're THAT special, THAT important when in fact?We're so not.We are NOT the center of the universe and the sooner we realise that the better.

I don't care what time you got up in the morning, the housework you did or whether you did-basically-what every other human being on the planet has to do because theyre *gasp* ADULTS!I despair imaging what these people would be like if they had to take care of anything other than their pet gerbil or cat.My god.Grow UP! And it's just SO much worse when we see it pandered to here.You get a medal for dressing yourself and showing up at the computer?Welcome to being 5 years old.Good grief!

I have a lot of respect for AA even if I'm not a part of it.It saved my fathers life.And some of my friends.

What I'm appalled by is how easy it was to so many of you to tell Tib what was wrong with him/what he needed to apparently do....Do you really think he's not aware of what's wrong with him?Seriously?!We carry our shame like a banner....

I thought taking other's inventories wasn't such a good idea?But it seems it's okay here for some reason?

I'm not asking anyone here to enable him?I'm the last person who enables round here.....but crucifying him seemed a little unfair also.

That's all.

Nice.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:25 AM
  # 560 (permalink)  
let it grow!

sunny skies, good day to be in recovery! shout out, stone! hugs, k