Codependency and Beyond

Old 03-07-2009, 07:20 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

You are reading from The Language Of Letting Go by Melody Beattie

March 8

Fulfillment

"Everything I need shall be provided today. Everything."
Say it, until you believe it. Say it at the beginning of the day. Say it throughout the day.

Sometimes, it helps to know what we want and need. But if we don't, we can trust trust that God does.

When we ask, trust, and believe that our needs will be met, our needs will be met. Sometimes God cares about the silliest little things, if we do.

Today, I will affirm that my needs will be met. I will affirm that God cares and is the source of my supply. Then I will let go and see that what I have risked to believe, is the truth.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:42 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is the basis of faith and that is the route to finding peace in your life.

And, I think that seeking peace in my life, is something I have to work on daily.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Wow g2b..

I watch Christian TV...a minister said that 9 is a number of "Fulfillment"...

2009..I certainly "hope" so.

Amazing...a coincidence? I think not!

And thank you for your post Fall..I got a lot out of it today.

:ghug2: to all
Old 03-07-2009, 12:41 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

:ghug2((Grateful)) I love that reading,but its only the 7th..lol
I am feeling much better today, still some lingering guilt feelings, but I have some peace again. Talked and emailed my daughter, she's not pleased with me right now, I told her I needed to take care of myself etc. I think Anna is right about seeking for peace daily. We've had another snowfall, took Sammy, my dog, for a walk in the snow.. now its beautiful and sunny...Have a great day everyone.....
Old 03-07-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

I came here to post, before going to sleep...woke up and saw that I never finished my post....oops!

Last night was very busy. My "kid" that was fired, has been rehired and that makes me happy! He and baby mama are having baby #3 in 2 weeks and she has offered to give me all 3 kids..she's pretty tired. I passed but gave her a big hug.

We had a threatening customer who had forgotten his food and got mad when we locked the doors at 3...banging on the window until I thought he was going to break it. We opened the door to give him his food, he came in and cussed us out (I was in the back, ready to head to the cooler, where the alarm is and a BIG locking door), but Sonny (my "kid") and a customer were ready to jump him. Then the same customer rescued me from a regular, obnoxious drunk who was trying to barrel his way IN the door as they were leaving. He was my hero for the night

Things are calm at the house, for now. Brit blew up yesterday, screaming and cussing. I put in my ear plugs and took a nap. Woke up, and everything had calmed down. It's nice to know I don't have to get involved, although I will if it comes to blows again. Living with a teenager, two people with anger issues (dad and Brit) and a codie/addict is quite a challenge, but darned if I'm not slowly learning to stay in my own hula hoop and let them deal with it

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-07-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hugs and prayers back Amy..

((SG)) you too hun..

"it's only the 7th"... lol

even more amazing..the reading is just what I needed..and second time I heard the

"message!"
Old 03-07-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Administrator

Amy,

It IS nice to know that you don't have to get involved and that things will work out alright. I honestly used to believe that things hinged on my involvement!
Old 03-08-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

You are reading from The Language Of Letting Go by Melody Beattie

March 8

Surrender

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Step three of Al-Anon

Surrendering to a Power greater than ourselves is how we become empowered.

We become empowered in a new, better, more effective way than we believed possible.

Doors open. Windows open. Possibilities occur. Our energy becomes channeled, at last, in areas and ways that work for us. We become in tune with the plan for our life and our place in the universe.

And there is a Plan and Place for us. We shall see that. We shall know that. The universe will open up and make a special place for us, with all that we need provided.

It will be good. Understand that it is good, now.

Learning to own our power will come, if we are open to it. We do not need to stop at powerlessness and helplessness.

That is a temporary place where we re-evaluate where we have been trying to have power when we have none.

Once we surrender, it is time to become empowered.

Let the power come naturally. It is there. It is ours.

Today, I will be open to understanding what it means to own my power. I will accept powerlessness where I have no power; I will also accept the power that is mine to receive.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Surrendering to me, meant acknowledging what already is; that God is in control and always has been.
Trusting In GOD instead of living in Fear was a good trade
I believe with all of my Being that God has a plan for us all.
I have experienced his love and comfort and guidance in my deepest, darkest struggle and he has led me out, and through to the light, and that, in turn, deepened my faith.
No matter how tough or bleak life gets, I know he always has a path for me to take, to safety, always., because that is part of the Plan....

Last edited by grateful2b; 03-08-2009 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:39 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Grateful!

Accepting what is, is something that Eckhart Tolle focuses on in his book 'A New Earth'. He points out how futile it is to argue/fight against something that is. For example, if you are given a difficult medical diagnosis, you have more chance of dealing successfully with it, if you accept it, because then your thoughts will be able to focus on a real solution.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
. For example, if you are given a difficult medical diagnosis, you have more chance of dealing successfully with it, if you accept it, because then your thoughts will be able to focus on a real solution.
yes....and I love the simple truth that Tolle shares...what a breathe of fresh air!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Every morning I do surrender my life to God, I am coming to understand what it means to own my power and to accept powerlessness when I have no power with his help and also from all of you on this thread..I know I have a ways to go yet, but I'm slowly getting there...I totally believe that God has a plan for all our lives too...we just to need to trust him...
Old 03-08-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
mergirl

I am pretty far from the surrender still. It will be interesting to see how this whole process goes without that component, or if I eventually get there as well. I have always felt a grand design, that there was far more going on behind the scenes than we see in our everyday lives. That is about as far as I go towards accepting right now, but I find it interesting and valuable to read about.