Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 19

Old 01-26-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
let it grow!

support out to all the whiners, extra hugs today for bam and katzy..

:ghug3
Old 01-26-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Didn't feel too bad waking up. Then had some homemade chicken soup for nourishment. Then I vac'd the house, washed the dishes, and washed a load of laundry. But I feel really strange, not sick but just weird, uncomfortable and anxious. I am more encouraged than ever to never drink again as I do'nt want to feel like this again.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I am more encouraged than ever to never drink again
Bill Wilson wrote that rather than say "I'll never drink again" -too tall an order for most alkies, he said "he intended never to drink again". Keep it in the day least - it's more manageable and from my own experience, it works.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Practical suggestions very welcome pleez
Whiners may not be the right place for this but I don't know where else to post what is going on

I am overwhelmed, stressed out and on the brink of losing it. My saving grace is I do not want to drink.
My Dad has advanced Parkinson's, suffers mini strokes and is deteriorating. I am doing all his paper work.
Sometimes he cannot read out a letter to me over the phone.

I do not live near my parents so I try to go as often as I can - it's a long journey but circumstances mean I cannot move right now. People have suggested that however hard it is, I should live where it's right for me. Well no doubt that is what I'd tell someone else too.

I have become extremely depressed of late and an old behaviour has crept back into my life. It is scaring me senseless. Anti depressants are not an option as I abused them with benzos and sleepers when I was drinking. Doctors know this. To be honest I'd rather deal with the causes than stick an elastoplast over what feels like a gaping wound.

One of my sponsor's parents has recently died so I don't want to be constantly ringing her right now and I don't feel comfortable sharing all this stuff at F2F meetings.

In the last month, someone I know well, and went out with a few years ago has started ringing me. He is drinking. I have done everything from initially trying to get him back to AA, through to telling him don't phone me when you're drunk. Every boundary I know of, I have tried.

I am not on my pity pot. I feel maybe I have been so desperate to let go of all this stuff that I have actually clung on to it even tighter - if that makes sense. There probably isn't any specific answer but maybe it'll do me good posting on here. Some cathartic release?

Thanks for reading and listening guys. Meetings, Recovery and SR are keeping me stay sane right now and for that I am truly grateful.
:ghug2
Old 01-26-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Wild One...maybe you'll get a male judge on whom you can use your feminine charms, or a female one who'll be sympathetic...woman to woman. At any rate, have faith you have God and Right on your side. Go in exuding confidence.

Nikki..."A life outside of kids?" What is that? Mine are 45, 51, 52...and, somehow they always seem to wheedle their way back inside. And, then there are the grandkids. But, let me know how it turns out for you.

least...He who forgets to remember is doomed to repeat. If you ever find yourself on the verge again, THINK that drink through...right to where you've been the past few days! Keep your memory green...help someone who has less time than you by encouraging them to stay strong and together you can resolve to do it a day at a time. Go over and read the threads of the ones still struggling just to make it through just one hour at a time. It really puts things in perspective.

Thanks for the interior design suggestions, but I have some ideas of my own.

How do you like it? Classy, huh!?! We don't need no stinkin' curtains!

Old 01-26-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Nice share Jerz!!)))))

Bam..

Apply for a County medical card. Pretty worthless for prescriptions and doctor

visits..but it would cover a major life threatening emergency. Go to your local

Health and Human Services Agency and apply. In your case, you may be eligible

for comprehensive coverage.

Jo)))))

That is not a pity pot! Valid whine if I've ever seen one! Good grief, hun...

I would lose the drinking friend. Isn't it strange sometimes how these peeps seem to

show up when we are low? This has happened to me before, too.

Sending you prayers and thoughts of clarity and strength.

((Katzy)) Please let us know what happened...

:ghug2: Whiner's
Old 01-26-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

You and I were posting at the same time. This is exactly the place to post it!

It is said that God never gives us more than we can handle; but, sometimes I think I'm dealing with someone else's share. It's no wonder you feel overwhelmed! That's a heavy load.

I gather you're an only child, or perhaps the eldest to whom the responsibilities usually fall? I'm 12 years older than my sister and feel guilty that she has to take care of our Mom. But, she's been able to reach out for help to agencies and neighbors. Isn't there anyone who can take some of the burden off? There are senior advocacy agencies that can intercede for you...or a neighbor perhaps who could keep you apprised by phone by reading the mail for your Dad.

There's nothing that says you can't get another sponsor, or at least a temporary one until your sponsor is able to get back into the swing. Why not ask at your meetings?

As for the former alcoholic boyfriend...we carry the message, not the drunk. Apparently he's not getting the message. I know it's a pain to change your number, but how about "caller ID"? That way, you can screen your calls. You might even be able to have his calls blocked through the phone company.

It's never a mistake to share your problems with us.
My saving grace is I do not want to drink.
THAT is a biggy...and, I can definitely relate.

Keep reaching out, Espresso. We'll keep reachng back. Remember the old thread Hands Across Time Zones? Recovery has no boundaries!

Old 01-26-2009, 11:14 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

what happened was easy.......................that no good for nothing skanky ex wife of his is kissing ass, now that we have decided to press criminal charges against her for kidnapping as well as extortion and a few other things she went ( had her girlfriend go for her) to the police swore out a warrent for Edwards arrest for back child support and they tried to arrest him at the court house.........I WENT ******* NUTS..........if these babies were not in my belly I would be on my way down for murder, the cop was restraning me and I was screaming at the top of my lungs, but it was made loud and clear that I WOULD NOT STAND BY AND WATCH MY HUSBAND GO TO JAIL OVER A CHILD THAT SHE IS TRYING TO SAY IS BOTH DEAD AND HIS!.........UNKY RUSTY I DIDNT HIT HER BUT I WANTED TO SO BADLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY......................we have to have a grand by Friday the judge said............oh well aint happening soooooooooooooooo.....gave him the 200 we had and said thats all we have.............
other than that.....just stressing but both of us are not in jail!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
IO Storm

(((Katzy)))

Do what you can. But please listen ..you must think of the babies now.

Your doctor will tell you this. As much as is possible, rest as much as is possible.

I know it must be hard..believe me, I do know!

Just try..to get as much support as you can..and rest.

Prayers and more..

Thanks for sharing with us Pammy.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
IO Storm

P.S. Katzy..

For your sake, too, hun.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:02 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Well...Katzy...just for today! Like you said,
oh well aint happening soooooooooooooooo.....gave him the 200 we had and said thats all we have.............
You know stress isn't good for the kiddies...take a deep breath...have a nice cup of tea (or whatever)...put your feet up...and think happy thoughts!
Old 01-26-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jerz, I want what you have...no not your recovery (well I like that you share it with me)...what I want is that bed!!! Wooo Hooo!!! I could sleep like a baby in that bed.

Katz, right will prevail, just believe that and take it easy for your sake and the babies.

Bam, Least and all the whiners with whines more valid than mine today...big whiny hugs from Queen Wheezy.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:09 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I think your good vibes helped.

Apparently my doctor called while I was at work today...and I have an appointment in a week to see a cardiologist. I just missed him...I'll try to call him tomorrow for more information and to say a big "THANK YOU".

All I have to worry about is the money situation and I hope it works out.

(((Katz)))

(((least)))

Thank you, fellow whiners.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

(((Katz)))
Thanks Jerz and Sher - it's true about the "God gives us what we can handle" - the times I say that to myself and other people!
Think my HP's having a bit of a larf.......
:ghug2
Old 01-26-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Good for you Bam. Glad the vibes helped.

And Jo..

I said to a friend here once.."Do you think God laughs at us"..they said..

"I know my HP laughs with me."

Grateful for laughter when it finally comes, eh?
Old 01-26-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Oh..and uh Ann..yoo hoo!

Stay down. Rest too.

It's just not the same when you're gone..
Old 01-26-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
mergirl

espresso, not sure what what all of the qualifications are, but hospice is free, and I found them to be outstanding.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:12 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

hey whiners
thanx jerz
IO please pm me:ghug2
Old 01-26-2009, 06:57 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

****{Bam, Spressy}}}

mize well toss in ****{least}}} too

and everyone else thats a bit down...

and jerz, all i can say is...

Martha Stewart, look out!

hey, a new mag on the bookstands...

Just Jerz!
Old 01-26-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

thanks all my honey fed me and put me to bed then woke me up and fed me again now I am back to bed....................I know and the whole time I was stressing out Edward was trying to calm me down, he laughes things off I always fight them.................he is my yin to my yang, he's my positive to my negitive..............he balences me out! And I am blessed to have him and you guys..............sometimes I just wish all of you were in the here and now..........lol

Love yas and good night!!
Pamm and Edward
(Khalila and Jasmine too)
and Quizzy, Cocoa butt and my Baby Girl who is TWO tomarrow...................ahhhh my baby she is getting so damn big! and Spitz too