Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 19

Old 01-25-2009, 12:51 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

My whine is that they all looked at me like I was some kind of freak. It upset me but the last thing I wanted to do was have a beer.
Good for you! Not that you went into the bar (even to give him his present)...that could have proved a very dangerous thing. When they say, "it's cunning, baffling, and powerful", they're not kidding. It can sneak up on you and get you, when you least expect it to. If you're in a good spiritual condition...as you must have been to be able to resist any temptation...you needn't fear the disease...but, never take your sobriety for granted.

Now...think back to when you were "one of them", out getting pleasantly sloshed...never mind what consequences the night might have in store for you (who thought that far ahead?). Wouldn't you have thought there was something peculiar about a "drinking buddy" showing up at a bar to deliver a Birthday Present, and leaving without having a drink!?! Even if some of them know you've quit drinking, they probably think you're just going through a phase. OR, as so often happens, they could feel threatened by your new way of life...they might have to take a long, hard look at their own drinking.

Don't let their reaction get to you...pat yourself on the back for doing the right thing by staying sober!
Old 01-25-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Least))) Jerz is right and I believe that God loves ALL His children, so know you are loved no matter how many times it takes to get it "right". What is important is that you continue to try, never giving up. That's huge.

My whine today? I may need to borrow one because I may still be a little ill but I have a perfect day to relax and just take it easy, loving my life today.

I know, I'll whine until Jerz gets her privacy back. I'll wheeze and whine so loud they will hear me all the way over in Jersey and they will just have to fix things nice for her.

Happy Sunday Whiners! A whine a day keeps pneumonia away!!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:47 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Happy Sunday Whiners! A whine a day keeps pneumonia away!!
I hope you're right, Ann. I didn't get a chance to tell you all earlier...to add insult to injury with the curtain thingie, we are on "lockdown" because there's a raging intestinal virus traveling through one of the four units. So all of us in the other three units are "confined"...no dining room, no activities off the floor, no visitors. It's been pretty dismal all day. I hope the bug runs its course soon, or I'm going to organize a group to "go over the wall"! And, you know I can do it!

Will be in touch tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jerz, the "no curtain" thing and intestinal virus's just don't mix...this is cruel and unusual confinement and we just cannot have it.

Don't go over the wall, though, I don't want you sick too. Maybe order in some fine dining and charge it to the home?

I've stopped wheezing and am merely the Queen of Whines now, or if I become confusing you can just call me Queen Sybil. I do voices too...my voice is raspy and very sexy right now, sadly the rest of my body and mind is lagging far far behind and not likely to take advantage of the lure.

Yea right, like a cat and a sleeping on the couch man are being lured by all this wasted good voice.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

****{Weezy Queeny}}}

jerz, when a iwas parooze'n ebay, i came across this ultra chic, classy antique room divider...

hope ya like it... thought it had the jerz look...

me, i like new england early american beat up country...

Old 01-25-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

court in the am.............................scared ********
Old 01-25-2009, 08:20 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

to all my aussie mates here

no whines, surrounded with members, in & out of the pool, bbq to follow shortly, meeting tonight

Jai starts school tomorrow first year ever, maybe thats my teenyweeny whine for today....
Nah not really
more like yay i can have a life outside of kids now! wooooohooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
IO Storm

(((Katzy)))

Hope it turns out well for you..
Old 01-26-2009, 01:42 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Katz, saying a prayer for you.

Just take your HP and all of us with you and we'll hold your hand in the scary part.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:19 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Here's a couple form me Jerz....OK Patee following you on this one, but not feeling very original today!

Old 01-26-2009, 02:30 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I'm learning that poor people don't count in society.

Most people consider poor people to be worthless...so...it doesn't matter if I die, right? Is that why my doctor hasn't called back yet? I'm getting really peeved...I need to see a cardiologist. I may be poor, but I can pay whatever it costs (if only 300 a month until it's paid off)...if I have to take out a loan, I'm willing...

I cannot afford insurance. Besides, it would not cover the condition I have now, whatever it is.

I'm tired of hearing how the U.S. has the best health care in the world. It's a huge load of bullshitake.

I'm not the only one in a situation like this.

So when I die, they won't care. It will be business as usual. As long as the hospitals and insurance companies and private practices make bank, they don't care who suffers.

I'll say it again: I'M WILLING TO PAY EVERY LAST CENT THEY HAVE TO CHARGE! WON'T ANYONE HELP ME!

I'm not keeping my fingers crossed now. I'll give it another week and then I'll call for the bad news: :"Sorry, Bam, but no one wants to take on a self-payer."

Sorry, people. I know my rants are usually silly, but this one's been bothering me for a while....I had to get it out.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:52 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Good Luck Katz
Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Bamboozle)))

Saying "give Bam a good doctor quick" prayers. I hope American health care finds some improvement soon.

Thank you for the reminder not to take for granted that in Canada this is all taken care of. I spent 3 days in the hospital last week, taken by ambulance, had 2 great doctors and wonderful nursing care, a zillion tests, medications and IV's and a private room with my own bath because I was in isolation...and this cost me not one penny. I'm not saying this to rub it in, I am saying that the USA should have as good or better care as we Canadians do and can if your government will open their eyes.

Sure we pay more taxes, but the rich and the poor get the same service no matter how much or how little they pay in taxes.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now, just want all my American friends to be healthy and well.

Hugs
Old 01-26-2009, 03:53 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

(((Bamboozle)))
i to pray for a quick solution to your problem & this is not a silly nor insignificant whine my friend, not in any way shape nor form....

ann, sounds like canada's health cae system is similar to australia's, we dont pay a penny here with medicare to see a doctor or stay in hospital even if you dont have 2cent to your name you will still get the care your requiring,
it peeves me that places in the world do not look after the people that put into it
sad & greedy world

dont let it get you to down though bam
theres alot to be said for positive healing energy & that comes from within.

I got to not while away to much time here tonight as my boy has his first day of school tomorrow an i must not sleep in!

so nite to all & to all a goodnite & thankyou ann for your wishes to jo & i on australia day, thats awesome.

xxooxxoo

Dee....im ok, yep im ok& a few extra for u too
Old 01-26-2009, 04:43 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

katz'y, keep that grip!, and please dont kick the judge in the shins!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:46 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Thanks, Ann and All About Love.

I've been spending some time on Google this morning...and I was dismayed to find out that some heart transplant candidates are not referred to have a transplant done because they are uninsured...yet there is a fair percentage of non-insured people who are organ donors. Go figure.

Oh, yeah...I'm an organ donor if I die (if anything is good enough to use ).

The system is beyond broken...I hope I'm around to see how messed up it will become. Profits above people should be the motto of the U.S.A.

I did vote for Obama because I thought he was better than the alternative, but I don't think he'll do anything about this. I'm sure he was just paying lip service to get the votes.

Okay, I'll let other people complain...I'll try to let this go.

Hello to all the whiners and I hope you all are having a not-so-whiney day.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:57 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hang on there Bam. I believe that change is coming to our country, including health care for all. It will take a while but we'll get there. Don't lose all hope. And check out every resource in your area, no matter how small. It may help to draw attention to your plight. Maybe you could find a doctor willing to take you on. Don't give up, please!:ghug3
Old 01-26-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Resident

12 days of whining which leaves a huge 78 more to go to do 90 whines in 90 days. I guess it could be worse I could have to do 90 meetings in 90 days.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Old 01-26-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Resident

My heart goes out to you Bam. I hope there is some solution for you and others in your position. I won't bash the U.S. but I think that they government should start caring more about the people that vote them in and less about big corporations.