Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 19

Old 01-31-2009, 11:32 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

I have a lot of whines today--

-It's freezing today. I hate it.
-My hormones are all screwed up and driving me nuts. I feel like crap.
-My computer is driving me nuts too. I couldn't come on again last night.
We've been having trouble with our virus protection and spyware. My husband got rid of the spyware. He thinks it was conflicting with our virus protection where that has a spyware too. I hope he's right. This is getting real frustrating.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

No whines yet today, the house is clean and it's done so I can relax now. Dogs are sleeping peacefully on the rug and I have nothing to do and nowhere to go, so am free to do whatever or do nothing. I think I'll take care of the 'nothing' first...
Old 01-31-2009, 01:38 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by All About Love View Post
my partners 35th b'day tomorrow, he passed away 4years ago nearly.
feeling fragile lonely
That sounds like a very difficult day, my heart and thoughts are with you. You are not alone.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

If ever there was a case for sterilization...

LOS ANGELES - The woman who gave birth to octuplets this week conceived all 14 of her children through in vitro fertilization, is not married and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teenager, her mother said. Angela Suleman told The Associated Press she was not supportive when her daughter, Nadya Suleman, decided to have more embryos implanted last year. "It can't go on any longer," she said in a phone interview Friday. "She's got six children and no husband. I was brought up the traditional way. I firmly believe in marriage. But she didn't want to get married."

Nadya Suleman, 33, gave birth Monday in nearby Bellflower. She was expected to remain in the hospital for at least a few more days, and her newborns for at least a month.
A spokeswoman at Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center said the babies were doing well and seven were breathing unassisted. While her daughter recovers, Angela Suleman is taking care of the other six children, ages 2 through 7, at the family home in Whittier, about 15 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. She said she warned her daughter that when she gets home from the hospital, "I'm going to be gone."

Angela Suleman said her daughter always had trouble conceiving and underwent in vitro fertilization treatments because her fallopian tubes are "plugged up." There were frozen embryos left over after her previous pregnancies and her daughter didn't want them destroyed, so she decided to have more children. Her mother and doctors have said the woman was told she had the option to abort some of the embryos and, later, the fetuses. She refused. Her mother said she does not believe her daughter will have any more children. "She doesn't have any more (frozen embryos), so it's over now," she said. "It has to be." Her daughter wanted to have children since she was a teenager, "but luckily she couldn't," her mother said. "Instead of becoming a kindergarten teacher or something, she started having them, but not the normal way," the mother said.
This woman is obviously not playing with a full deck...but, what about the doctor(s) who treated her!?! I personally think it's criminal...and, if any of them profit financially from this, someone should sue! Care to join me in a class action suit on behalf of the tax-paying mothers and grandmothers of the USA?

Old 01-31-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

getting real sick of judgement on other people when all the facts are not known
people pee me off!

& i fukin feel like crap
happy b'day mark i will love you forever
Old 01-31-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

cant stand the way media portray things & how stupid people are to believe even a tiny bit of what they want us too
Old 01-31-2009, 03:29 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Originally Posted by All About Love View Post
cant stand the way media portray things & how stupid people are to believe even a tiny bit of what they want us too
Nikki...I know this is a rough time for you, and I'm truly sorry for your loss. My only brother passed away in 1973 (nine days before his 31st birthday) and I still miss him.

I totally agree that the media often puts a spin on stories in order to sensationalize...but, there has been no indication that this young woman is "financially independent"...actually, it's been reported that her grandmother had to file bankruptcy a while ago and they're living on welfare.

In any event, unless some big tv network takes on this mother and her FOURTEEN KIDS (as has been the case of several of the other multiples born in the USA), it won't be the people of Australia who'll be supporting them...it will be the taxpayers of this country.

I consider myself far from stupid, and not gullible enough to believe everything I read or see on tv news...but, if just a fraction of this story proves to be true, I feel very sorry for the offspring of this "broodmare" and I think the fertility clinic involved with this travesty should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

Surely you'll agree that there's something a bit strange about a single mother of six, unable to live on her own, thinking it's a good thing to have several more children. That would take an awful lot of explaining to convince me there isn't something fishy going on here. Don't we have enough problems over here!?!

All I can say is

Last edited by Jersey Nonny; 01-31-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:08 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Check out this website:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_162571.html

Old 01-31-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny View Post
Nikki...I know this is a rough time for you, and I'm truly sorry for your loss. My only brother passed away in 1973 (nine days before his 31st birthday) and I still miss him.

I totally agree that the media often puts a spin on stories in order to sensationalize...but, there has been no indication that this young woman is "financially independent"...actually, it's been reported that her grandmother had to file bankruptcy a while ago and they're living on welfare.

In any event, unless some big tv network takes on this mother and her FOURTEEN KIDS (as has been the case of several of the other multiples born in the USA), it won't be the people of Australia who'll be supporting them...it will be the taxpayers of this country.

I consider myself far from stupid, and not gullible enough to believe everything I read or see on tv news...but, if just a fraction of this story proves to be true, I feel very sorry for the offspring of this "broodmare" and I think the fertility clinic involved with this travesty should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

Surely you'll agree that there's something a bit strange about a single mother of six, unable to live on her own, thinking it's a good thing to have several more children. That would take an awful lot of explaining to convince me there isn't something fishy going on here. Don't we have enough problems over here!?!

All I can say is

ok jerz...for once i didnt deserve that, i was reading a peice in the local paper!!!!
thankyou for your sentiments regarding loved ones
i appreciate that very much
as for the rest??????????????
Old 01-31-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

niks...

queen weeze
Pattee, we really need to get you a butt cushion, to wear in case you slip again.
Hell Yeah!

a little dity on the POE (panel of experts)Winter Party!

i was just about to leave around 2, and someone came up to me and said... Houston, we have a problem...

and?

this group that showed up said they have the hall booked...

we had reserved the hall three months ago, and i confirmed it on thurs with the church lady...

the the other group is having a post funeral gathering... Yikes!

as i was listening to the Padre, he said he had the hall booked in advance.

WHAT???

he said thurs day also, then he said perhaps it was tuesday, Hmmm!

i guese even a man of the cloth shows his defects once in awhile...

i asked, you had it booked in advance for a funeral! (Busted, Ahem!)

maybe he is God!

our bunch of drunks said its way too late now, so we sugested for them two use a couple of adjoining rooms upstairs, use our coffee pots, and by the time we need them, you all will be finished...

so the helping hand of A.A. was there to help...

and maybe a God Shot for Padre!

anyway, tonights POE Winter Wonderland Party was a Hit!
Old 01-31-2009, 07:29 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
cmc

We have a howling cat patrolling the yard several times a night...and I mean howling. It's a very mournful cry, not like the usual noises the kitties make when they are making a ruckus....ugh. I feel bad for the poor thing and angry at whoever owns it or perhaps has abandoned it. It runs from us whenever we try to approach or call: "here kitty-kitty." I found a broken cat collar near my fence- where it crawls into my yard. I would hate to call animal control but we have to do that in order to get some sleep around here!
Old 02-01-2009, 04:22 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

cmc, is there a cat in heat around? lol

i know that howl, egads!
Old 02-01-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning. Now for my daily whine.
I am tired of being on hold. I was on hold for 18 minutes today with the newspaper. There was a notice a few weeks ago that if you didn't call, which I did, come Feb. 1 there would be no TV guide with the Sunday paper.
When I called I told them that the ONLY reason I get the Toronto Sun is for the TV guide because their reporters are lame and if I don't get the guide I will be cancelling it.
Well first day they don't give me it so I called to cancel and was on hold. I hope they go bankrupt.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Pattee, your AA group sounds pretty amazing and I like how this all worked out.

My Sunday whine is that "I want my energy back!!" I KNOW this takes a long time to shake, and I know that if I do not rest it will take even longer...but I want to feel better NOW. I have places to go, furniture to buy, work to get done this week...and I need my energy to do it!

Happy February, Whiners...we're a little closer to spring each day.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I won $ .75 at Bingo yesterday! Then, I had to make up my mind whether to spend .50in the vending machine for chips, or go for the whole .75 for candy...decisions, decisions. You guessed it... Damn the consequences!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

When breakfast was served to us this morning, I asked if the "quarantine" was lifted.

"Maybe tomorrow."

The natives are getting mighty restless... I've been singing,
"If I had the wings of an angel, over these prison walls I would fly!"

I'm beginning to wonder...

Last edited by Jersey Nonny; 02-01-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
IO Storm

(((Jerz)))

My only whine today..very concerned about my mother.

The last two nights have been rough.. some trouble breathing.

She "saw" my Dad in a hallucination. She was talking this morning about

being prepared..that is okay.

I'm not ready..

Another doctor appt. tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

IOS...you're sounding like my sister
She "saw" my Dad in a hallucination. She was talking this morning about

being prepared..that is okay.

I'm not ready..
Last week, when Mom gave us such a scare, Sis said, "I know it has to happen eventually. But, I'm not ready to let her go." I told her she'd better get ready.
Mom has been talking a lot about our brother, too. He passed away in '73...not quite 31-years-old. I believe that's a sign her time is nearing...and, it's consolation to believe she'll be with all those she loved who went before her. Since she's 97, she'll have a lot of folks waiting for her.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Whine number one: if God insists that I do the washing up (through the medium of my wife) then why did he/she/it a) make the sink so low as to break my back and b) ensure that any water splashes hit unfailingly round my crotch? Why?
Old 02-01-2009, 12:24 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I know Jerz..I know...