Notices

Class of January

Old 01-04-2009, 01:17 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Day 4, how we all doing?

Bad cravings and mood swings yesterday but still made it through. Totally with you Shogun about Saturdays being rough, I spent most of the day receiving text messages from my friends asking me to go out... Its nice to be popular (NOT!)

Proud of the fact that its Sunday and most of the weekend is over, its going to be a good feeling to start Monday and it already be day 5. Normally Monday was always day 1.

I've been here so many times before but I need to make sure this time it sticks... can't just keep making the same mistakes and expect a different result.

Awesome that we have lots of newcomers in here, SR has made such a massive difference on my life and I hope you find it useful as well.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:29 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey Great Job making it through the weekend wibble. Day 4 is here let's Dooooooo this!

Sundays a great chill day..Can just hang out watch tv, do puzzles, surf the web all day like a zombie (lulz) whole lot of things for all of us to do.

Biggest problems I face is at work I work (Tues -Fridays) with a crew of hard core boozers, pretty much every day at least four or five guys will come up to me at the end of the day and ask .."So, you ready to go let er rip?" or "Lets go get hammered! buddy I'm buyin" after a hard days work - worn out and tired most of the time I say ..."alright lets do, but just 1" which we all know leads to a whole lot more.

Well it's a New Year a New Start and times are here to change for the better! Time to be strong and cut my ties with these guys who try to suck me back into the never-ending hole.

We can do this! Just have to be strong minded and keep ourselves occupied. Best of Luck wibble and all newcomers!

P.s: As a new guy I'll prolly be check in once a day to give an update.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:51 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! It's great coming here - it's helping so much. I'm going to check in everyday too - I know this is going to get harder.

colagirl - that was so great! Well done

I have to clear out the cupboards here, I don't want to look at any bottles - or even a wine glass.

Day 4 for me too - I'm still feeling ill enough not to want to drink but I'm thinking about it all the time. I did all my drinking at home so I don't have anyone pressurising me to go out drinking, I just need to distract myself from all the triggers at home! aagghhh!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!
Old 01-04-2009, 03:58 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LilyRose View Post
Thanks for the welcomes everyone! It's great coming here - it's helping so much. I'm going to check in everyday too - I know this is going to get harder.

colagirl - that was so great! Well done

I have to clear out the cupboards here, I don't want to look at any bottles - or even a wine glass.

Day 4 for me too - I'm still feeling ill enough not to want to drink but I'm thinking about it all the time. I did all my drinking at home so I don't have anyone pressurising me to go out drinking, I just need to distract myself from all the triggers at home! aagghhh!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!
I agree LilyRose this site really does help out a lot! Cleaning out your cupboards is a great Idea, i just got rid of all my new years leftovers a few hours ago, every time I'd see it..it was triggering my urges so I dumped it out and carried on making breakfast!

Be Strong and believe in yourself LilyRose - Best of Luck. We all can Dooooo This.:ghug3
Old 01-04-2009, 05:09 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks Shogun!

I can't face the cupboards yet.

Will take the empties to the bottle bank and enjoy hearing them smash to bits!

and you're right we CAN do this :ghug2
Old 01-04-2009, 06:12 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all, Day 4
Old 01-04-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good morning to you too! Happy day 4.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

How are you doing Enough?
Old 01-04-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Shogun, feel free to check in as much as you need. Thats certainly how I started.

Just come on here and rant and rave, spit and shout (ok not so much on the spitting... one lad almost got TB once).

Anyway just keep posting!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Day 4 whats up? Just left a speaker meeting, this dude has been sober since April 2, 1980. He wasn't even old, maybe 55-60, which means he quit when he was in his late twenties. If he can live the majority of his life without alcohol and didn't have to wait like many others do, that means that we don't have to wait any longer either.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Day 4 for me too. This is the first time for me quitting after 30+ years of drinking, so I'm not sure what to expect.
Saturday night was really tough for me, 'cause its was always party night for me and wifey. She had her usual wine(s),(I'm not judging), and I did a lot of juice drinks. Only problem was my stomach turned into a fart machine!
I did struggle watching the football games, my hand was looking for its usual 12 oz. cans.
I feel pretty good making it so far. But does it get any easier with time, or is every day the same struggle???
Old 01-04-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I have only ever got to 21days so I dont know. But everyone with time behind them assure me it does get easier. Keep posting John
Old 01-04-2009, 10:25 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

hang in there guys!!! Won't lie..there are some bumps in the road as you go along, but if I don't drink, I actually get past the bumpy part and occationally make better choices and take some smoother roads.

With the shakes..it helps to eat a high carb diet and 3 good meals a day with snacks am, pm and before bed....don't worry so much about gaining weight right now, and sugar helps with cravings..just don't only do that cause the sugar low that follows will be pretty uncomforable and also cause shakes...the carbs are a more steady source.

You guys are an inspiration!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

So I drank 3 bottles of wine yesterday!!!! WHAT? I have never drank that much before. This is after stopping for several days. I had promised my teenagers that I would not drink anymore and then I did that???? I don't understand why I did it. I went to the store and bought 3 bottles of wine and drank them all throughout the day! I don't even have a hangover today, but I am just FED UP.

So today is Day 1 again...again...again....I am so sad.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Its day 4 for me. Been through this so many times i've lost count but it doesn't stop my resolve to make it stick this time.

Eclipse, I had a very similar experience. Had a relapse recently and couldn't believe how much I drank. You've just got to take strength from the fact that you didn't continue today.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi All, Day one for me again. I managed 8 days before Christmas but stumbled on Christmas and New Years. I meant to start fresh new years day but am getting a delayed start. I am feeling pretty crummy today but know I will soon be better.

Congrats to all you day 4s out there!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:29 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi snowdog. Yep, sounds like holidays and Saturdays are going to be the tough ones for me!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:29 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Just get back up!!!! As a friend says crawl back to sobriety with your tounge if you have to.

So grateful for everyone who came back today to do this deal just for today!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi everybody, day 4 for me today too. I have to say this time the cravings haven't been too bad so far. I was also an at-home drinker so nobody pressures me except for me and my stupid addict voice. I know this is going to get harder and I'm dreading it. But, that's why they say one day at a time I guess... :ghug
Old 01-04-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

This is the end of day 3 for me and what a lazy pig ive been, all ive done all day is watch TV (a house marathon) and played computer games.

I dont even really have the excuse of taking it easy due to detox, im pretty much ok physically, ive just gotten used to doing nothing.

So even though tomorrow will be day 4 of sobriety, its also going to be day 1 of getting of my backside, im going to start a journal as well and im hoping that will help and im going to leave the house for at least an hour.