# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of November Part 5

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-20.html
Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Fraid you will have nights you'll struggle Pixy, goes with the territory you see.

Each victory makes you stronger and hopefully will make the next struggle easier though.

Great to see you hanging in there.

( Gonna don't tell anyone else I was here though Pixy, I'm meant to be in the huff and off to bed you see )
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow Part 5!

I won't tell a soul Fizzy.

I so hope it gets a little easier very soon.
  # 4 (permalink)  

I heard through the grapevine that wonky's wife has put a 8 or 9PM bedtime on him....... sounds like fizzy needs one of those too.

Pix...sorry it's such a struggle...maybe plan ahead some snacks that are easy for throughout the day tomarrow.

I'm firswtt fizzy!!!!! sticks out tounge!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ARGGGGHHHH

Pixy beat me!!!!!

(but i'm second cause you see fizzy wasn't really here)

(oh but pixy listen to him he is a wise old man at times)
Old 01-08-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by ananda View Post

I'm firswtt fizzy!!!!! sticks out tounge!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's madness, every night at this time I'm so happy that I haven't drunk and going to bed sober.

I need a plan for tomorrow Nands your right. I will sort something before the evening. Weekends are hard. Thank goodness I'm working sat night.

Thanks for all your support you guys. I couldn't do it without you.

Off to bed at end of day 8. Night xx
Old 01-08-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I hate to admit it, but Fizzy IS right about it getting better. I remember the cravings early evening, Friday awful - be prepared pix!! Tomorrow may be tough. Definitely make a plan.

Post on here every 10 minutes you get thru sober if you have to. How do you think my post count got so high? (oh, just another thing fizzy has had a moaaaan about, lol!!)

Old 01-08-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
getting there

Originally Posted by Pixy1 View Post
It's madness, every night at this time I'm so happy that I haven't drunk and going to bed sober.

I need a plan for tomorrow Nands your right. I will sort something before the evening. Weekends are hard. Thank goodness I'm working sat night.

Thanks for all your support you guys. I couldn't do it without you.

Off to bed at end of day 8. Night xx
I'm at the end of day 8 too Pixy... we are awesome! I know exactly what you mean about going to bed sober. I can sit and fight with myself all night and be so mad that I can't drink, then magically about a half hour before bed I'm like... "I'm soooo glad I didn't give in!" Sometimes I try to think about that moment when the cravings are really bad, but somehow it still doesn't make them easier!

Have been really tired this week, partly because I'm back at work and missing my afternoon naps! Have had a nap each evening and that's been bad for my real sleep. Going to try for a more normal schedule tonight. The cravings weren't as bad today, probably because I bought a bunch of candy and put myself in a sugar coma :wtf2

Going to start getting myself ready for bed now... I've been reading Drinking: A Love Story and it has a lot of good things to say. I read a part tonight where someone described his wife's drinking as "going to a different room in her mind and closing the drapes" or something similar. I can totally relate to that.

Goodnight everybody! :ghug
Old 01-08-2009, 09:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You need to listen to john prine's "on the other side of town" it is awsome and i am sure all the men could relate to it!

CG good goin girl....I can't believe i misssed you!!!!!

OK I was suppose to choose 5 houses to look at this weekend....I chose 6...close enough right????

How come all the ones I like are really old??? and more expensive too....

sigh

see you in the morning

Oh yeah..dog is still lying down to eat..but goes out to potty without any real trouble...I think she is just wearing out

corn ball moment Love you all (hug)
Old 01-08-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
getting there

I hope the doggie is okay. I hate elderly pet issues. My cats are getting up there and I can't even bear to think about losing them.

House hunting is SO FUN!! Are you buying or renting? Staying in Kansas or will you and Toto be picked up by a cyclone and deposited in some alternate location?

Old 01-08-2009, 11:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Fook me, I leave you alone for 10 mins and you end up brawling!!!

Day 9 cool

Friday.. hmmm not so cool, never liked Fridays

For me the only way to tackle it is to do different stuff, change your routine so that nothing is familiar.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Morning all :ghug

IT'S FRIDAY!!!! Wonky I'm right here with you. I will sort a plan before this evening.

I will also post on here if I can during the day and keep focused!

Have a good day all, Pixy x
Old 01-09-2009, 01:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Good luck Pixx

Old 01-09-2009, 01:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Yup, Friday. I have been craving like mad. A nice bottle and a packet of codeine, what a lovely way to spend an evening. So I think I will be on here every 10 minutes tonight as well.

May the Force be with us ((hugs)).

Old 01-09-2009, 03:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

all of you should put yourself on Australian time - it's a couple hours shy of Saturday here - walk in the park, really

night all
D
Old 01-09-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

WOW....just occured to me that the most helpful thing I can probably say is that It's Friday and i have absolutely no cravings or problems with the idea that i'm not drinking today!!!! YIPEEEE..... So if you get through this day by day without drinking know that you won't feel that draw very often after some time. Now when I quit I didn't have SR, but i did go to a meeting every night, and out for dinner most times with the peple from the meeting. Outside of that my routine didn't change that much...but my days and nites were pretty busy, and the thought of a drink crossed my mind..scared the crap out of me and passed.

Now..as you ALL know...when i have wanted to drink..obsessed about it it has been really realy hard to get through (several times in the last 4 months)..BUT that daily strong desire to drink...and the fear and stress that comes with it....doesn't stay with you too long....If you are making changes in your self they fade fairly quickly..I would say for me the daily thing was just a passing thought by the end of 30 or 45 days and no longer a daily thought by 6 mos.

I'm not sure what i just said is true, but it's how I am remembering it at the moment....

IT GETS BETTER RATHER QUICKLY

Old 01-09-2009, 05:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Just popping in as I am at work

I have snacks prepared for this afternoon, hope it's enough.

Apart from craving how are you all? Nands are you buying or renting? I'm sure I read one of your posts and you said you prefer older houses, me to. I'm in a house that I am not really happy with. But when I bought it last year I needed to settle quickly so my dad could stay with us in his final months. Now I want to move again but with the credit crunch the house has lost too much value. I have moved 3 times in the last 3yrs si I am forcing myself to settle.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

LB a whole packet of codine in one evening?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm buying.....yep the older houses are more set up the way i like than the modern ones....but then there comes all the problems of plumbing, isilation and all that stuff....

There is one for sell built 1960 but is only 115K so i wuold have 16-30K i could use for repairs...depending on how all the financeing works out and on what the appraisal value is....But on a new home i don't have to worry about repairs much for the first 10 years and that is nice as my morgage will be double what i pay now on the new house.

crp...I only have 15 minites to get ready....dress..etc. I'm the only one at work for the second day in a row and i need to now **** off my boss right now as i am on her last nerve about now.

I'll check in after i get to work