Notices

Bottoms Part 109

Old 12-26-2008, 09:49 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi donna, watch out Nands is being deep.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Happy New Year Idiots if I miss you!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Christmas dinner today at my brothers. Should be good. I plan on doing karaoke with the kids! I've been busy this morning preparing food and tidying up. Will be leaving soon. The Wii system rocks - especially the Wii Fit! I've been using it so much I am SORE this morning. My daughter and I are on it for hours at a time - what a great investment.

Went to see the new Brad Pitt/Cate Blanchett movie with my sponsor yesterday: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Almost 3 hours long and fabulous! A must see! We then played the Fit then went to a meeting at 9 pm - the church door was busted though so we all went to a coffee shop that was open - we filled the place to capacity! It was great to talk across the room at folk, to hug and slap on the back. I love the fellowship - being with other alkies who are doing what they know best to stay sober over the holidays.

I'll be around with more regularity soon - once today is out of the way. I got lots of lemon Perrier to drink yummy!

Hope y'all have a great day.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:58 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
all actions start as a thought
Good thing we're not all heads on platters, I say.

Glad you had a good Christmas, Ananda!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:28 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hi guys, made it through Christmas. Went to meetings also and got to see my sober family.

Having a bad day today. Not feeling well. My tooth broke on Christmas Eve and it's sharp now and cutting into my tongue. Scared to death to call a dentist. Just sitting here suffering.

I like to be in denial when it comes to my teeth. I know it isn't a good thing to do, but my fear of dentists is so overwhelming. The last time i went to the dentist they gave me Valium to help me relax. It didn't work, I was still freaking out. The dentist was shocked. After I calmed down he was finally able to work on me. That was like 6 years ago I think.

I don't like anyone touching my mouth. I think it goes back from my 1st husband when he abused me and use to hurt my mouth. Sorry about the depressive stuff.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:30 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

God, is my HP trying to tell me something. Just got our new dental cards in the mail.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

scardy..i have "issues" that cause dentists to be a problem...valium didn't help much, but I now have nitrosoxide (laughing gas) when ever I go in and it really makes it easy.

I highly recommend trying that.

best of luck!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:59 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Thanks Ananda. Still too chicken to call a Dentist. I have to be just about dieing before I go.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi peeps .

Scaredy, you really need to just call and make the appointment. There's time for freaking out later .

Ro I am jealous. We were at my sisters all day yesterday so we haven't hooked up the Fit yet. The kids are still in their pj's playing Rock Band...just as they were when I left for the studio! That movie sounds good. I want to see it as soon as Damon dl's it. I ended up watching SlumDog Millionaire last night instead of Revolutionary Road.

Good news about the ivy tree. It's coming down, stump and all :bounce. We have to kick in for a good part of the cost, but at least it's coming down before we move. Don't worry tree huggers. There are plenty more trees in the yard to gay up.

OK... I think we're out for shopping now. The kids have gift cards burning a whole in their pockets already. Little do they know we're going to look at flooring and showers etc.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:21 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Old 12-26-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Still seems so far away .
Old 12-26-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi gang

so as you don't all worry...I'm taking another break.

I'm questioning again whether I'm right for SR and whether SR is right for me...and no I don't need reassurance LOL it's an internal dialogue I need to run through and sort out

Take care and I love you all :bounce
D
Old 12-26-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
let it grow!

howdy! gettin' a family break - mom, daugther, sister, mr k gone to a movie. i opted for a walk around my mom's lake (it's A LOT warmer here) and then i'm gonna make us a simple dinner. i was ready for a break

my neice made us all giant christmas tree balls with our names on them for christmas gifts - so there were a lots of ball jokes. and my 4-yr old neice got a light up hula hoop and put on quite a show. fun....

good job staying sober, stone and all the others. you were all sure in my prayers yesterday, as always.

:ghug3
Old 12-26-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I'm restless and irritable right now. At my brothers. Too many kids. I love the kids but the little ones are screaming and running through the house. I don't like chaos. I'm sure the other adults are able to cope because they have alcohol lol it seems that way to this alkie anyway.

I went into the kitchen and popped a bacon-wrapped water chestnut into my mouth. Daughter was across the kitchen and yelled, "Mom, no! There's rum in it!" I was like a deer caught in the headlights. Turns out my brother told the kids that so they wouldn't eat them all on him. No booze in it, but it sure scared me. I had already chewed and swallowed it.

Okay .. I'll be back in a minute. They are calling me to do the Secret Santa. Gotta put my gratitude hat on ...
Old 12-26-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
let it grow!

thanks for the message, #1 newf!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Bacon wrapped water chestnuts! No f'ing way!!! I love those!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi K! Glad you're having a nice time! I sure wish I were there. My sister is getting pretty wasted downstairs - being a vulgar ass. I love her but she's trying my patience ....

This is funny - we put four wrapped presents in the middle of a room and sit around them. We divide a deck of cards between us, and my sis in law calls out cards from another deck. Your card gets called, you unwrap a gift. Someone else gets called, they can take the gift you unwrapped, or unwrap another. Goes on for a while. I ended up with something we couldn't identify - my sister who bought it isn't here - she's working. We thought it was either a glass urinal (you would understand if you could see it) or a vase. It lies on it's side.

My nephew just came into the room to tell me he talked on the phone to my sister - and it's for serving mixed drinks - some fancy-schmancy thing for alcoholic drinks - that's what the drunk gets. LOL
Old 12-26-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
let it grow!

oh, we did that card game gift thing with our friends one year - really fun.

we had xmas day at my neice's - she did an excellent job of preparing and serving. there was a lot of drinking going on, but she set the bar stuff up outside and most drank outside by their firepit. it made it a lot easier for my daughter to avoid it. so that was nice of them to think of her.

hang in there, row! i'm on and off as a make some dinner. i have my cell on but it doesn't work here, darn it. but if it gets too weird, pm me and i'll send ya my mom's home number, ok?

love ya, goofy newfie!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi gang

so as you don't all worry...I'm taking another break.

I'm questioning again whether I'm right for SR and whether SR is right for me...and no I don't need reassurance LOL it's an internal dialogue I need to run through and sort out

Take care and I love you all :bounce
D
that's fine, but you still owe me an accordian file.

love, knucklehead
Old 12-26-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
let it grow!

ok, i've decided. i'm gonna light the grill and make CHEESEBURGERS!

it's 50 degrees here. a nice change after the igloo...