Notices

Bottoms Part 107

Old 12-15-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good recovery story K. Hi Stoney

Well gotta go. Time for lunch and the soaps. Then i have a lot to do today.

It's almost Christmas and i have so much to do yet. Trying not to stress.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
let it grow!

my friend told me he had one close call last year. he was at a professional football game with some of his sales reps from one of the big camera companies. they took him as a suck up to buy from them. 50 yard line, 3rd row, big game, yadda yadda. my friend loves sports so it was a big day for him. anyway, one of the reps came to the seats with a round of beers and plopped one in my friend's hand (he didn't have a clue that my friend was sober). anyway, my friend said his head started racing into ALL kinds of good reasons for drinking that beer. "it's been 25 years, what's one beer gonna hurt" and "man, a cold beer on the 50 yard line of the biggest game of the season would be PERFECT" and even, "hey! i can get FREE BEER all day long!" ha! he said his hands were shaking, heart racing, and his head was spinning, and he finally just had to leave the seat for awhile to work through it. he didn't drink it though. told the guy he was in recovery, but thanks anyway. the guy felt TERRIBLE. sent him 4 seats free for the next game

it's a very mean disease.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:49 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm glad to see you taking some pics and enjoying your camera, Paul. Have you been to a meeting since your last relapse? I'm not ganging up on you I'm just asking.

I'm gonna go to a meeting tonight. I need one.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Great story K!

Beer was my thing..for someone to put one into my hand...I can relate. Would have to

leave and "work it out too!"

Stoney? I didn't see Daisy! Anyway..great nature pic. Awesome..but did you

sing "Kodachrome?" Supposed to you know.

And those girls you posted..the one on the right is a guy.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
IO Storm

So glad to you're feeling good Stoney...keep the pics coming hun. :ghug3:

(((Sis))))
Old 12-15-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

I seem to have particular difficulty staying sober on the 3 month increments.
I picked up my second 6 month chip today.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post

I do prefer the one on the left I must admit, lol.

Ro, I haven't been yet, no. Going tomorrow though.

First, sorry I wasn't around when you called. I am gonna be busy now too.

Tomorrow?

Congrats on the 6 months!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Yea sure, I will try around 2 or 3pm est. I think you are 5 hours different but I cant remember which way ?? I go to a noontime meeting every day to get the hell outta my apt. I make the coffee too. Lord help some of the folks if I ever leave and they actually have to do something for themselves. At least some people thank me for my service once in a while. I have a friend who says, God help them if they were actually to pick up a chair and put it away ! We see alot of that at some of the meetings we go to. I live next to a couple of wealthy towns (sure isnt mine) and it appears as though some have lost their humility !
I suppose it gets me noticed and helps with getting rides....sometimes. Lately, its been like pulling teeth ! I

Im going for a hearing on Friday to override the RMV's decision (that isnt in writing) that I should be finished w drunk school before I get my liscense. It actually says "If not complete....blah blah blah" on the form.
Ive actually had a couple people get really pissed off at me for wanting my liscense before the 2 years is up. I have to have a breathalizer for 2 years after I have my full time liscense anyway....$100/month !!! Im already paying for it also ! rrrrrgh
Old 12-15-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

ps I like the Holidays better now Stone !

Nice lookin Kitty too !
Old 12-15-2008, 02:33 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I need an AA meeting.

Attorneys Anonymous.

I just spoke to our real estate attorney and felt he was condescending and told him so. I had never spoken to him before but he sounds like a pompous ass. He refuses to close early. AND WE'RE PAYING FOR THIS? He proceeded to tell me how busy he was and I proceeded to tell him I know it doesn't take that long to sign all the papers. He he said the prep time was the issue. I told him he's had over 3 months to prep already! He was terse and rude and actually said he was being nice and speaking in a kind tone. NOT!

His busy-ness is because he's claiming he's going away for the holiday. He isn't. The realtor said that's a lie.

He's an ass but the mortgage woman said she might be able to handle the closing. I'm hoping so. Otherwise we still have to wait... and I'll have to see that idiot at the closing .

I just informed my husband over the phone what just tarnspired. I thought he'd ge upset with me since I basically told the attorney he's an ass but Mr. GT thinks the same thing .

Dexter was awesome. My lips are sealed.

I picked up my step dad from the hospital a little while ago so he's home.

I have more... but I need to go to yoga then teach. It involves police, inspection, failing, tires and Wii Fit.

Fill yas in later.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Scott, congrats on 6 months! That's terrific.

You are sounding good, Paul.

Hi Sher.

Hi Gyps - thanks for the xmas card and the reminder to dl Dexter. I'm sad to see the end of the season.

No meeting for me tonight. Daughter has come down with the flu - hasn't eaten all day. I've got her to sip some gingerale and eat some soda crackers. Popsicles are next. And Gravol for her tummy - she's pretty nauseated. Poor pickle. I'm locked into bed - daughter bundled under three blankets next to me, the beagle pinned to her side, and I have a cat and a jack russell on my feet.

It's quite nice.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:44 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
Great story K!

:bounce ha! i knew it!!! i knew it!!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:03 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Got pulled over on the way to yoga yesterday. Cop followed me all the way through the town the studio is in. When I got to the parking lot he asked if I knew why he pulled me over (I thought uh, cuz you're a dickwad?). He said no... your inspection sticker is expired. I'm giving you an early Christmas present and giving you a warning. I was like... I have a 9 on there. That means I have till next year! Uh no... it expired in September. Hmmm... I had no idea. I promised to go 1st thing in the morning and get inspected so he left after I let myself into yoga. Good thing I have a key.

Went to inspection this morning. Failed for my front tires. Off to Wal-Mart to the new tires. It tool 2 hours. I missed yoga. I did however go ask if they had any Wii Fits hidden in the back. The guy said I prolly shouldn't tell you this but I saw 4 locked up in the cage. He asked his higher up Wal-Marter and he went in the back and got me on even though he said he shouldn 't be selling it to me. Apparently they hold onto them and have people wait in line at 4am to get the only 4 they have in stock at a time.

Got my tires, got Wii Fit... got reinspected and passed. Went to pick up stepfather which was a headache since he wasn't ready and I had to wait even though I told him what time I'd be there and was in a serious time crunch. We went to see his truck. He's lucky to be alive.

Went to the 6pm yoga class right before going to teach my own class. I was sore and tired and ready for a nap at that point but went to teach anyway. It ended up being a good class. I think the few people that keep showing up really seem to like it.

I have my shoulder appointment tomorrow, then teaching my sons class yoga. Then there's the frigging winter concert so I'll have to skip meditation. Ack.

That's my update. Need to rest. Leaving here early for the appointment.

I hope everyone is well.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:22 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

rest easy, Gyps
D
Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

and Happy Birthday too Gyps

D
Old 12-16-2008, 12:36 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Happy Birthday Dear Gyps...

I tried to find you a card with a girl doing yoga, or a yoga motif..but I found this

girl..I believe she's an angel. Reminded me of your pics..and her thoughtful

pose, and serenity.

I gave it to you on your birthday thread.

Anyhow...Happy Birthday Gyps. I admire you a lot.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:42 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Niks and Row...

Sorry about your girl Sis. Take care....of her, poor babe...and you.

All of you...I am so tired. Lost my signal all day..and it may go out again.

Rainy..and cold. Cell phones were out all day as well.

Nights.

Nighties peeps.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:30 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Val! xoxoxo
Old 12-16-2008, 03:30 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

hugs to all:ghug2
and a great big happy:day4 birthday to gyps
IO is so on the mark you really are inspirational
Old 12-16-2008, 05:22 AM