Bottoms Part 107 - Page 5 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008, 05:42 AM   #81 (permalink)
smileyologist and lord of bees

Happy birthday Gyps!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:42 AM   #82 (permalink)
let it grow!

dear suzi quatro,

Old 12-16-2008, 05:46 AM   #83 (permalink)

Here is a song Gyps, it will do for your birthday and Christmas - as well as everybody for Christmas because it's called the Gift that Keeps Giving Again.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:47 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
dear suzi quatro,

Afternoon Ma.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:47 AM   #85 (permalink)
let it grow!

today's chart:

Old 12-16-2008, 05:48 AM   #86 (permalink)
let it grow!

hey rk! what's up with you? gettin' in the holiday spirit yet?

Old 12-16-2008, 05:50 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
hey rk! what's up with you? gettin' in the holiday spirit yet?

Yeah ma, extreme Christmas atmosphere here now - Christmas shopping all done. Might get some last minute bits and bobs but I'll do that at the last minute (that's why it's called the minute - well, not literally the last minute but you know what I mean).

How about you, all set?

Old 12-16-2008, 05:54 AM   #88 (permalink)
let it grow!

gettin' there, got my santa hat out! we're supposed to get some fresh snow today, so looking forward to a brisk walk to see some lights when it gets dark. pretty soon the snowmen will start popping up in yards.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:03 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
gettin' there, got my santa hat out! we're supposed to get some fresh snow today, so looking forward to a brisk walk to see some lights when it gets dark. pretty soon the snowmen will start popping up in yards.
Santa hat.

Good news about the snowmen - watch out for snowman spies popping up in your garden though, they can be hard to tell from the ordinary ones.

Bloodshot eyes can be a giveaway though, as well as the magic staff with an eye on it.

I'm in two minds whether to play Christmas carols or not. I'm pretty excited about Christmas right about now.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:44 AM   #90 (permalink)
let it grow!

i was listenin' to some carols last night. then i got sick of them and put on the clash.

our snowmen are all very friendly. i think ... i'll check the eyes very carefully.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:48 AM   #91 (permalink)
let it grow!

A really dead crowd at downtown rink

Zombies haunt Millennium Park -- but they're much better behaved than those drunken Santas

December 15, 2008

You would think people put their zombie makeup away at Halloween.

You would be wrong.

About 100 people dressed in their zombie finest hit Millennium Park on Sunday for some ice skating. There were blood-spattered fanboys and fangirls, George Romero film buffs and haunted house workers between gigs (possibly, till next Halloween).

The number fell far short of organizers' plans to set a record for "Zombies on Ice."

Still, zombies seem hot. Fans have Web sites, T-shirts, books. What's going on?

"Anybody can be a zombie. You just need makeup," said Joe Penn, 19, a Harper College student.

"The greatest day of the year for me is Halloween. Anytime you can be a zombie more than once a year, it's a good time," said Hank Hockey, 36, of Maple Park, at the rink with daughters Madeline, 8; Emma, 6, and their friend Kendall Regnier, 6. All wore zombie makeup.

Many learned of the event from chicagozombie.com, a fan site "for zombie news within 50 or 100 miles of the Chicago area," said Jess Valandingham, 20, of Park Forest. It links to haunted houses, horror film discussions and zombie fan events.

An ice rink worker said the zombies were no trouble.

"I tell you what's bad,'' he said. "Two hundred drunk Santas. They go on a pub crawl and then they come here."

The Santas were at the rink Saturday night, said the worker, who asked to be anonymous.

One Santa vomited ("he didn't even make it on the ice"), a few tried to wrestle or fight -- no one was sure which, he said -- and two Santas made out on the ice.

Nurse Beata Wieczorek, 33, wished the zombies would limit activities to Halloween. She said they scared her toddler daughter Olivia.

"She's frightened,'' she said. "She's calling them witches."

Most skaters seemed to laugh at the zombies or asked to take their pictures, though Matthew Stankiewicz, a zombie Santa, said he heard what he took for an insult:

"I did have one mom walk past and say, 'if you haven't noticed, there's a buncha Hoosiers everywhere.' "
Old 12-16-2008, 06:53 AM   #92 (permalink)

Gypsy! I was asleep at the wheel on that one!!!!

Happy Birthday (hug)
Old 12-16-2008, 06:55 AM   #93 (permalink)
let it grow!

Zombies hit Millennium Park skating rink :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Lifestyles

go here to see pics

too bad about the drunken santas though
Old 12-16-2008, 07:31 AM   #94 (permalink)
σммυηιту gяєєтєя

Happy Happy Birthday Gyps! 8

Old 12-16-2008, 07:32 AM   #95 (permalink)
σммυηιту gяєєтєя

NINE WORDS WOMEN USE

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually not a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' . that will bring on a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying F-- YOU!

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.

Have a good day Idiots!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #96 (permalink)
not a greeter

Thanks peeps .

Stoney .

Here's a quick update on my shoulder, then I have to go to the school:

He's suggesting surgery as expected but said I should listen to my body and get it done when I can't take the pain any longer. He received a more thorough report on the MRI and found some tiny tears in the tendons after all. I'm having another MRI done on Monday on my cervical spine because I have numbness down the whole arm that is inconsistent with the shoulder symptoms. This would be caused my nerve compression or something effed up in my neck.They are 2 completely different problems. Great right? Sheesh!

So... while I was making the appointment Mr. GT called. He's threatening to back out of the house deal because the sellers aren't complying with the CO violations yet. Technically they don't have to until we close so technically they have until January 16th. He's also going on about some junk in the yard & attic/peaked roof he wants cleaned up, but they really aren't necessarily responsible for. They may still do it. Maybe they just didn't get to it yet I told him. So It's highly doubtful we'll be closing early. And now, he's up in arms about EVERYTHING about the hose... the violations, the PRICE, he thinks the Realtor is giving him the run around now (he thinks) etc.

I don't know. Right now it doesn't feel like we're moving anytime soon, if at all. He will pull the plug just to spite them over some small things.

One thing they NEED to do is get that ivy off the tree and PROVE it's alive. I just went over to the zoning officer's house to talk to him and that is something that HAS to be done or he won't give the house a CO.

Hmmm...

More to come later. Off to teach yoga now.

~OM~
Old 12-16-2008, 08:25 AM   #97 (permalink)
let it grow!

hang on, suzi! it'll all work out the way it's supposed to! prayers to ya, on the shoulder and all. that's a lot going on at one time.

i've been bantering back and forth on ***** email with my mom, bro, sis, and neice all morning - planning the christmas day meal. the last subject line i recieved was initiated by my mother and entitled - "ALL THINGS REQUIRING WAX PAPER"

ha! bunch of knuckleheads.

going out to drive around in the ice and snow! thank goodness i have my snow boots!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:37 AM   #98 (permalink)
not a greeter

Thanks K . It'll all work out the way it's supposed to in the end. I just hope and pray it's favorable .

Good news and bad news about the house. Bad news 1st: We had the chimney cleaned this morning and they found some structural damage to the tune of 6 thousand dollars. Not exactly sure what the problem is until we read the report but it something that's non negotiable at this point.

Good news now... my husband was just over at the house talking to the son in law. He is willing to close early. He is going to comply with the CO requirements but he can't promise dates since it involves outside labor. He did tell Mr. GT he doesn't have a problem with us coming in BEFORE the actual closing to start cleaning and painting earlier as long as we don't come back with a long list of new problems that need addressing. So this sounds promising to me.

AA recap:

Bad news: the attorney still won't close us early.

Good news: the mortgage company might be able to provided the CO is given.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #99 (permalink)
not a greeter

Old 12-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #100 (permalink)
Wooli

Happy Birthday Gyps.

Hey all. I lapsed 3 times in a fortnight. So am back to 11 days again. I'm not beating myself up about it though and think I learnt a lot from the experience. My partner had done something to make me want to leave her and it was a "**** you" to her I think.

In other news I am averaging between 70 and 85% in my university modules this semester. It's going really, really well. And I have just stripped and painted a full house (which is kind of related to the partner thing)

I genuinely hope you all are well.