Notices

The Feelings Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:59 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I feel grateful that I went to a meeting today. It was good.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:16 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I feel tired - been at work all day.
I feel satisfied - found this forum.
I feel frustrated - lost control a bit to and from work when people stared at me.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:28 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Im feeling really melancholy, Ive been thinking about my life today (I had nothing else to do) and Ive got a terrible feeling of waste, Its not making me depressed Ive just got a bad case of the could have beens.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm also tired because I've had a long and busy day but hey it's great to be tired because I have been productive as opposed to tired because all I've done is drink all day, am shaky and can't sleep cos I'm so full of alcohol!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:32 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I'm feeling overwhelmed and all over the map - not in a bad way, though. Like something within me woke up recently, after being dormant for a long time. The dread is gone, and I'm trying to get my bearings.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:45 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Also... *sigh* My feelings have ALWAYS been all over the map, changing constantly throughout the day at a dizzying rate; this harks back to my childhood. I was screened for bipolar on a few occasions, but the consensus is that I'm simply a "highly emotional person". That's fine but, being booze-free and tapering off benzos, I'm having a hard time readjusting to the barrage of emotions: sure enough, my wacky feelings are still alive. Oh well, I'm relieved and grateful - I was very scared, I thought I'd become a barren zombie with no emotions.

Rant over.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:53 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

This morning I'm feeling... weird. Distanced from myself. Tainted. Like I'm crawling out of my skin, dislocated from my body. It might be my Other Self's reaction to my emotional growth and development over the past few days - it threatens her.
Sunday is also my prime dissociation day, unfortunately. I get 'fuzzy' and like I'm stuffed around with cotton wool. I don't want to 'go there'. But.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:15 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I'm feeling kind of bad cause I won't be able to afford any Christmas presents for anyone, too broke, can't even pay my bills! I know they'll understand but it still bothers me.
I now what you mean, All the way down to my dog, hes a black flatcoated retriever and my best friend. to poor ta pay attention!
Old 11-16-2008, 01:19 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CatWings View Post
I'm feeling a little freaked out and anxious about being clean and sober for 9 days. Some of it is physical but a lot of it is mental. I'm a little anxious as to how my life is going to change. I know it can be for the best, but what if it is not?

Need to just give it time, I guess. For now I am mostly a nervous ball of fragmented energy.
Same thing here, been sober for7 or 8 days ,time aloods me, cant sleep, physically fine, mentally a mess.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:52 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eleison View Post
I feel tired - been at work all day.
I feel satisfied - found this forum.
I feel frustrated - lost control a bit to and from work when people stared at me.
Why do people stare at you, if I can ask? You dont have to reoly unless you want to.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:20 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am feeling guilty this morning, and I deserve to feel guilty. Bk called me a bit ago asking for a ride home from the churchhouse where the YOuth Group had their annual overnight. I'd just woken up and hadn't had my coffee yet or let the dogs out and told her I couldn't take her home and she'd have to find a ride with someone there.

I tried to call her back but got no answer from the cell number or the churchhouse number. Now I feel like dirt for being so selfish.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

wow..I was extremely iritable..it built up over a few minites...then i saw a friend and boom...i feel happy and friendly...

Old 11-16-2008, 07:17 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
little darlin'

...unsettled...
something is 'gurgling' in my chest, need to get my wits about me again
Old 11-16-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Very alone.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

slightly giddy...might have something to do with all the coffee
Old 11-16-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Sleepy - I tossed and turned last night.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

Sorted the bills and none are overdue! WOW!!!!!

now to pay them, and take a bath...

I feel "in control" gotta remember not to take that too seriously though as feellings come and go with events.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Feeling pretty good. Happy Sunday everyone :ghug3
Old 11-16-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I need help... Can anyone on here help me?I am a 27 yr old single, military mother. I have destroyed my life! I have always gotten really bad migraines, and on one specific day a special person in my life gave me a percocet to help me. At the time I had no idea what it was but it helped and took them away. I loved the feeling so much I started buying them from people, but then I left for military training and I was off until 4 months into training when I rolled my ankle. The Drs gave me percocet, and then I graduated and came home. I was addicted all over again, and I still am. I hate it so much! I use to work fulltime and go to college fulltime and have a great relationship with my daughter. I also kept up with my house and managed to have alittle fun and help people. Now I am useless! No job, no money, no school, and i'm pushing my little girl away! I know I need help, but my partner is negative with that idea. She is also addicted and has been since before we started dating which was over 4 yrs ago! I am so depressed, I hate my life! I have even ruined my dreams and goals with some of the things that I have done since getting addicted to this ****! What do I do? Where do I go for help? Keep in mind I have no medical insurance... Please if you can help me please HELP!!
Old 11-16-2008, 12:23 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I feel good, today. Just saw where a friend had posted who's been MIA since the first of the year. I was grumpy last night and needed a reminder to be grateful!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy