Notices

The Feelings Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you, D & H - that means the world. Now I've gotta go fix my mascara....
Old 11-09-2008, 04:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Great idea for a thread, Barb.

I went to see a movie this afternoon with three girlfriends. We saw 'The Secret Life of Bees' and it was a very powerful experience, emotionally. Tears welled in my eyes many times, but I didn't full-out cry. Sometimes it feels that once I start, I won't be able to stop. I was going to a meeting tonight but decided to take advantage of a night alone to nurture myself and this melancholy mood that has come over me.

I'll have a night like Carol's: a ginger and sage bubble bath, candles, incense, and Jesse Cook playing flamenco guitar in the background. I'm just having some soup and toast before getting into the tub. I'll put on some coconut moisturizer, cozy pj's, and get into bed. Clean sheets! Heaven!

So - I feel melancholy - but am turning it into self-care. It feels good.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Worried - about how I'll handle being offered drinks all during Christmas. Right now, I "know" I won't drink, but will that determination last? I blew it last year. Thanks for the feelings thread, Scaredy. I'm sorry mine's negative.
I know how you feel. Getting a little antsy myself about the holidays. I had my last relapse Dec. 31 last year and it lasted 3 weeks. I don't want to go there again, not when I'm coming up on a year after the holidays. I'm just staying in the day and that helps. I agree with Dee, just say "no thank you".
Old 11-10-2008, 09:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm feeling fearful today actually - worried about the economy and our finances. i am happy though, that i got most of my chores done this weekend and can relax a bit in the eves this week..

thanks for asking, scaredy!
Old 11-12-2008, 01:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am feeling very frustrated today. My boss drives me crazy. He has way too much going on and doesn't communicate with me then gets frustrated with me because I have no idea what he is talking about. It is all in his head and thinks it should be in my head too. Then I start feeling like I am not doing a good job! Very frustrating...

My boss > <me!
Old 11-12-2008, 01:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
I am feeling very frustrated today. My boss drives me crazy. He has way too much going on and doesn't communicate with me then gets frustrated with me because I have no idea what he is talking about. It is all in his head and thinks it should be in my head too. Then I start feeling like I am not doing a good job! Very frustrating...

My boss > <me!
I hear ya Eclipse! I had a boss very much the same way. You need to take up a moonlighting job as a mind reader.

He would call from the courthouse "S - get me my file and bring it over here ASAP." Okay, which file and where did he put it?? Uggh. You brought back some memories my dear.

I know I needed one of these on those days and so here's a :ghug3
Old 11-12-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm feeling really good today! However, I found myself thinking more about alcohol today than I have in the last 24 days of my sobriety! I do not want it, but for some reason think about what it would be like to be drunk right now. I guess I'm starting to wonder why I couldn't be a social drinker like some. I know I'm an alcoholic and just can't have a social drinker... but if only, right?

I love being sober more than I ever liked being a drunk... so there's no turning back now! Day 25, HERE I COME!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Im feeling ignored today.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

felly (hug)

I feel harrased right now and slightly pissy. However my feelings change every 10 minites
Old 11-12-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm on day 42 today =- 6 weeks exactly!!!!

BUT was made redundant today with one month's pay.......someone's testing me here....I am shocked, scared and nearly gave in, but I'm too far in now, there's no turning back, so I'm proud I have stayed strong and now need to find another job....

Must stay strong xx
Old 11-12-2008, 05:33 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I like you Mimi! I'm still not sane either, hope I never am!

Am getting very excited about my coming visit to see ek and the sil and grandkids.

But I'll really miss my dogs!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
getting there

Mimi - sorry about your job! And Felly, sorry you're feeling ignored!

:ghug

I'm feeling disappointed and a little sad. Yesterday I found out that my very best friend from college got married last year and never told me. I know we had grown apart some and hadn't talked in awhile, but I always thought our bond was stronger than that. I'm really so surprised that she didn't even let me know about something so important in her life.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

"Count all the bees in the hive, chase all the clouds from the sky, back to the days of Christopher Robin, back to the ways of Christoper Robin and Pooh."

I now have that lovely song in my head, but I think you Colagirl that's a favorite of mine.

I am sorry about your friend. That same thing happened to me. I'm sure that doesn't make you feel better. It does hurt, but we do grow and go our ways. I have one friend from my childhood that I keep in touch with. I am 42 years old though. Friends become chapters in our lives and a friend from SR recently said that God puts a friend in your life for a reason. Sorry again.

(((Felly))) :ghug
Old 11-12-2008, 06:49 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
getting there

Thanks HL, I love that song too. I know, I'm just surprised because I really didn't think we had grown far enough apart that I wouldn't hear about that kind of news. Oh well.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:43 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I once heard.....people come into our lives for a while...and then they go.

To me that is just the natural process of life. I am fortunate that I am still in contact with my best friend from gradeschool. I've Known her since the age of 5 (45 years) and she and another friend of ours from JR high still write periodically though not often. And we had a reunion 2 years ago.

ooops..feeling...grateful for the friends i have, and sorta missing some that are no longer a part of my life.

I like that my feelings are complex. that I can feel more than one emotion at once

Old 11-12-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
getting there

I like that too... happy that I can be sad because I had something that made me feel that strongly. I just hope she is okay. I feel a little weird about this.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Honestly? I felt like using today.

I didn't

I'm close to two years clean and sober and dont want to start over.

I'm going to bed and hoping that tomorrow is better.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi Tanya,
I'm so proud of you for fighting through it. As someone who can't quite figure out how to *stop* permanently, it's not worth it! I know the cravings all too well, but don't give up that much time, it will feel so much worse. Hope you had a good sleep.

:ghug3
Old 11-12-2008, 09:03 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope tomorrow does feel better for you Tanya - if not, we're here...
PM me if you like

D
Old 11-12-2008, 09:16 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Felly, Mimi, Colagirl, and Tanya...

I was going to say how I felt but... nah!

Hope you all feel better soon.

I really don't have a complaint, just a low mood..

So many hugs beautiful gals. :ghug: