Notices

The Feelings Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Feelings Thread

Hi guys, I don't know if this thread will be a hit or not. But i thought we could try a thread for what ever your feeling. Happy, sad, indifferent. I know we have a whiners thread but on this thread you can talk about whatever you want. Are you really happy about something today? Are you grateful today? Did something really PO you?

For me today I feel elated I guess. Sometimes I can get feeling really unique. That's a bad place for me thinking I'm different and that maybe I'm not an alcoholic. I'm grateful that i can always find something in common with people and their drinking pasts, even if its the way they felt when they drank.

I'm also trying not to get to stressed. I've been very busy getting ready for Christmas, regular housework, and working my program. Been having a hard time keeping up with things on the computer. I just do what i can I guess. There's only so many hours in a day. Well that's all for me. Anyone else?
Old 11-09-2008, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm feeling kind of bad cause I won't be able to afford any Christmas presents for anyone, too broke, can't even pay my bills! I know they'll understand but it still bothers me.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great idea Scaredy! I am anxious with the holidays approaching and trying to find the spiritual aspect to them this year versus the commercial. I get easily stressed when it comes to the holidays and used to handle it with a drink. I look forward to finding a new road to walk this year. Thanks again!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im feeling tired and ill I have a stinking cold, but I also feel satisfied because I havent really thought about drinking today! In my limited experience the ability to feel many things at the same time is a characteristic of alcoholism, or it might just be human!
Old 11-09-2008, 11:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great thread This will sound odd, I feel quite low tonight but I'm happy cause I'm not drinking and will be going to bed sober.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am feeling a lot pressure to perform perfectly at both jobs that I am juggling right now. Trying to plan around some office politics at job #1 and time management for both jobs It will be tricky but I know it can be done with proper planning and the proper attitude. I know all this pressure and work will ignite an old habit of pouring myself a drink (or 5) to unwind in the evening as was my old routine when work became my whole life, as it will be again for while.

Luckily my wallet got stolen last week and I have no ID currently so that makes it a little easier to avoid temptation at the moment. 32 years old and can't get a drink without ID - there's something to celebrate right there I guess.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great thread!

I am a mixture today...my two older sons got up to "stupid human tricks" in the barn last night when my husband was at work and I was giving their younger brother a breathing treatment (he is recovering from walking pnemonia) that ended with a trip to the ER for stitches for the oldest one!

I am grateful to the staff at the ER for being there and their compassion, I am grateful that my inlaws come over and help at any time of day or night, I am grateful to my HP for watching over my son and that he is ok, and I am angry as all get-out at those two kids for doing something they have been warned time and time again not to do!

UGH! Thanks for opening up this great place to vent!
Old 11-09-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am happy today - really happy. I know I need to watch out for my really happy moods, because they can make me rather impulsive due to the bi-polar. However I will take these up days over the down ones that I was stuck in for a long time.

No cravings today - no interest in drinking.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow, thanks guys for posting on the thread and welcome to everyone.

And welcome to allport to SR and this thread. It's hard for me to keep up with the newbies any more.

A lot of good stuff on here, but its good to see everyone is staying sober through it all, whether it be good or bad stuff going on in your life.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I feel like breakin' some legs & bustin' some heads...

The dogs are hiding behind the cat!

Old 11-09-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm feeling pretty darn good. I have 20 months clean today, the weather is gorgeous and I'm about to go back out in the yard and use the weed blower to blow all the leaves into piles. HP has a sense of humor...I blow the leaves INTO a pile, He blows them out

Great thread, (((Barb)))!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-09-2008, 12:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations Amy on your 20 months!!!
Wow!! It's been that long all ready. It will be 2 years before you know it.

Well, gotta go. Take care everyone. Post as much as you all would like. This thread is for everyone. :ghug2
Old 11-09-2008, 01:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Thx for this thread.

Hmmm..I am really tired today. But thats just the physical feeling.
Mentally and emotionally. I feel calm..content.
I feel really ok with everything today.
And I have alot of you here to thank for that.
I had a pretty good week.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
getting there

I am all over the map today... a little numb, a little overwhelmed and anxious by family events beyond my control, a little motivated to get everything at home neat and tidy (something I can control). Mostly I'm feeling proud that I haven't had a drink today.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm happy as a lark right now, Christmas presents or no Christmas presents. Little dog has climbed the stairs twice today on his own. Maybe God is giving me an early present.:praying

Feeling hopeful and positive.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

This should be an interesting thread
Thanks Barb.....

Today ...time at SR...an AA meeting .. then fat
snacks while watching TV...my Falcons won over the Saints.

Speaking with my oldest best friend who lives in Md.
Looking forward to a bubble bath...with a lavender
scented candle and Bruch's Violin Concerto filling my apartment.

Life is serene and joy filled today!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Worried - about how I'll handle being offered drinks all during Christmas. Right now, I "know" I won't drink, but will that determination last? I blew it last year. Thanks for the feelings thread, Scaredy. I'm sorry mine's negative.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you have nothing to worry about Hevyn

You've weighed it up - you know for a fact where drinking will lead you and you know what you'll lose if you do...

You know what you've gained (and regained) now...and all you have to do to keep it is...tell people 'no thanks I don't drink'

hugs
D
Old 11-09-2008, 04:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Worried - about how I'll handle being offered drinks all during Christmas. Right now, I "know" I won't drink, but will that determination last? I blew it last year. Thanks for the feelings thread, Scaredy. I'm sorry mine's negative.
I know what ya mean J, but I agree with Mr. Dee. We can exercise our right "to say no." We already exercised our right to vote. You can do it because you have us to back you up and you can pm me ANY TIME!!! Did you get that any time! I also will give you my phone number. Love ya J!!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

and yeah I forgot - you have us! Thanks HL!

D