Notices

Six Months & Under Club Part 2

Old 11-21-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

I haven't initiated an avatar change LaFemme, but it's been pretty cold here all week (-10C or 14F) so it brought this image of ice and frost to mind.

Looking forward to your next surprise

Murray
Old 11-21-2010, 08:26 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I am still very aware of all the changes that have occurred since I quit. The last month, I am very aware of slowly gaining more energy and patience to get all sorts of chores done regularly. I am managing both emotionally and physically to be more and more productive. For me getting to 6 months and beyond means more healing so I definitely see a difference between 142 days and 1142 days. It's the potential for personal growth that builds with each sober day.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
It's the potential for personal growth that builds with each sober day.
As it would/should be if we had never touched alcohol at all.

Life never happens in a straight line; there's always minor or major health issues to cope with or adjust to, family and relationship ups and downs, and a myriad of other factors. Life is change...we just happen to be on an accelerated portion of the journey right now. I hope to be growing or changing positively in some unexpected way 1142 days from now, so for me, the number of days doesn't seem too important...the important thing is not to slide backwards or to stop growing/changing and becoming stagnant.

Every day is a gift, no matter the number.

I hope to be posting my one year anniversary thank you to everybody here next July 4th, but it isn't some kind of finish line...just another day in the rest of my life.

Murray
Old 11-21-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Murray4x5 View Post
As it would/should be if we had never touched alcohol at all.

Life never happens in a straight line; there's always minor or major health issues to cope with or adjust to, family and relationship ups and downs, and a myriad of other factors. Life is change...we just happen to be on an accelerated portion of the journey right now. I hope to be growing or changing positively in some unexpected way 1142 days from now, so for me, the number of days doesn't seem too important...the important thing is not to slide backwards or to stop growing/changing and becoming stagnant.

Every day is a gift, no matter the number.

I hope to be posting my one year anniversary thank you to everybody here next July 4th, but it isn't some kind of finish line...just another day in the rest of my life.

Murray
My thoughts exactly.

I will change my avatar tomorrow...I can't do it from home...I love your cold water....brrrr.

Speaking of growth and change...I am very close to doing the hardest thing in my life....yes harder than quitting drinking...I am going to disappoint my parents and go back to my painting full time. I have no idea how it will work or how I will pay the bills...I have no idea when it will happen...hopefully after the holidays ....I have just agreed to a studio share which is the first step. I am scared and sad that I will be hurting my parents but it has become apparent that I either hurt myself or hurt them....since I am done with hurting myself I am going to hurt them...it is unavoidable and something I have been running from for 20+ years. Sorry for the share...but this is weighing on me today after discussing it with my coach yesterday ...and you all are my peeps:-) so I guess I am warning you I might be in for some rough seas in the next few months...but it seems the only way to move forward.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

best of luck with your decision Tina

D
Old 11-21-2010, 03:49 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just a little drive-by hooting...

Congrats to all on your steady progress.

Lyddie, I know what you mean about gaining back my energy... I feel quite hyper a lot of the time, almost manic, but manageable. Might just be that I rarely feel 'sick' anymore. No more w/d sickness each morning. No more feeling like crap all the time.

Living sober really rocks! Keep rockin', everybody!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:16 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
best of luck with your decision Tina
I hope a herd of commissions comes galloping over the horizon for you

Murray
Old 11-21-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

that's the collective noun then, Murray? LOL

D
Old 11-22-2010, 05:17 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

LaF - You must be petrified! That's really exciting news.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support guys...I've tried a couple of times to do this in the past but was held back by my drinking and a couple other factors. With my sobriety and all the work on myself I've been doing the time is coming when I have to do this the right way this time.

So, I was going to change my avatar to a winter scene like Murray has, but I don't really have any wintery paintings that I like, so I decided to do this print I did back in May. It's a monotype with pastels. I did the print in like 5 minutes and got maybe 3 pulls from it. So I decided to rework one with pastels and I like the way it turned out...doesn't lok much like our model but I wasn't going for likeness anyway:-)
Old 11-22-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Good for you LaFemme. Better to have risked a dream than to regret not having done so later in life. (Eegad - I should put that on my darkroom door).

Pastels...now THAT takes guts!

Murray
Old 11-23-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

LaFemme that is such great news. Given the strength and determination you've shown here I know you can do whatever you set your mind to!

4 MONTHS for me tomorrow! Loved reading everyone's thoughts on the passage of time... this is a milestone for me, but at the same time, in a way the milestones are taking on less significance because I have more and more confidence that I will never drink again.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:13 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on four months SBTS!! It just keeps on getting better...
Old 11-24-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Way to go SBTS!

I love this section of sobriety...no more daily headaches, sleeping well, energy all day. How about you?

Murray
Old 11-24-2010, 02:38 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 4 months SBTS

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

D
Old 11-24-2010, 02:48 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We're not cooking tomorrow, we're going out for dinner at a 'family style' place where they cook the food, bring it to you, and clean up after you - all we've got to do is serve ourselves and eat till we're full.

Enjoy the holiday all.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi all,
I have 105 days! Can't believe it myself!! I feel really good, most of the time.
Hugs and high fives to all,
Nancy
Old 11-24-2010, 05:17 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Hi Nancy, welcome aboard!

It's great to get somebody new who seems so nice here on the six month and under thread...the rest of the crew are getting a tad mangy and surly

Murray
Old 11-24-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Thanks Murray! LOL!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:48 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Murray...you are the one who smells like wet dog!

Drove all day yesterday...shopped and prepped all day today, also got some very sad news...but despite all the vino I was good...I tried my old smelling the wine trick...stuff still makes me want to vomit every time I smell it.

And on that lovely note...Happy Thanksgiving!