Notices

Class of November

Old 11-17-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
how did you post at 3:42...i thought it was down!!!

One thing in life that for sure is there'll always be someone cleverer than yourself.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

I hpe when they get things up and runing there is a tounge sticking out option beside the thank you
Old 11-17-2008, 04:30 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

How have any of you been posting? It wouldn't let me on until midnight!!!!!!! I'm very upset. But I did get a lot more songs on my ipod.

Wibs - the only thing that made me walk into an AA meeting was getting well and truly beat by the alcohol. The night I took my last drink, I knew, if I left it up to my willpower, I was dead!
Old 11-17-2008, 05:08 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
getting there

Cheers everyone,
So the forum got it's upgrade today, eh? Glad it happened while I was at work or I would have gone crazy!

I'm home now, without a bottle OR a milkcarton! Yay for me. The tricky part now will be staying in, and not talking myself into it later. Going to try to read or watch TV or something for awhile. Or maybe obsessively play Scramble on Facebook.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:23 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I play minesweeper...it may sound stupid, but it helped with cravings and helps with obsessive thought...i end up obsessing about the mines instead

willing to go to any lengths
Old 11-17-2008, 09:08 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
getting there

I used to love Minesweeper! Haven't played it in a long time though. I played Scramble so much this weekend I started seeing the board when I closed my eyes.

I ended up falling asleep for a couple of hours. Now I'm going to take a shower and try to get back to bed. I guess that means the end of day 2.

How's everybody else doing?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:14 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

I play Call of duty 4 on my ps3. Shooting people and blowing stuff up seems to help!

Slept so well, always feel so refreshed in a morning when I haven't been drinking
Old 11-18-2008, 12:39 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

I used to worry that the time i spent playing computer games was wasted but ive realised that for me its almost like meditation, i can spend a couple of hours engrossed in a game and it gives my brain a bit of a rest. I used to associate playing my playstation with being drunk but not any more, it fills in a bit of time and its fun plus now im not always drunk when i play it im getting much further on my games.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:56 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

That sounds like me so much!
I play games online against other people and I used to moan about how good everyone was and how sad they were for spending so long getting that good.
But then I realised I was so sh*t because I was battered!!!!
Now I just use games to just switch off...plus i'm a lot better at them now!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 01:50 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I'm poo at games drunk or sober.

Day 4 - doc's appt tomorrow. Please let me tell the truth and not walk out of their with a codeine prescription.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:06 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Don't be too hard on yourself, its a harsh reality of life that women are rubbish at computer games and throwing....

(prepares for the sh*t storm coming his way)

Be strong LB, you'll only hate yourself if you get more codeine
Old 11-18-2008, 05:30 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Wibbly!

Hope you can see the graphics! Well....it isn't my favorite type of meditation, but it is a way to shut off and rest for a while...i'm an overthinkier so mindless games are pretty good for me.

Do any of you do silent sitting meditation? I've really gotten bad about working it into my day, but it makes all the difference in the world in my ability to get through the day in a way that is nice instead of crazy.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:32 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

guinee fly.....please just be strong for the one moment it takes to be honest...then the rest will be easier...i promise!

Just think of your little girl..that might help you
Old 11-18-2008, 07:15 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Any sign of Pixy?

I know i'm the master of disappearing but I wondered if anyone had heard from her?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:08 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hey you I'm still here. I had problems with my computer. I have lost the thank you button at the bottom of each post??

Still struggling, Ive just about had enough of myself!!!

Off to the stables back in a bit
Old 11-18-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

We've all lost the thank you button Pix! It was chaos on here yesterday, lost avatars and all sorts!

I've got to be strong at the doc's - not codeine I'm worried about, I've worn that stuff out. I'm worried she's going to offer me something stronger like hydrocodone.

I'm hanging onto the thought of all the people on the substance abuse forum that are a lot cleverer than me and landed up in all kinds of doo doo from messing with stronger opiates. I mean, what makes me think I'm going to be any different?

I'm going to land up in deeper doo doo than them, coz I can't even give up codeine, let alone anything stronger.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:45 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
getting there

Where are all my classmates?? Looks like it's been a quiet day here. LB - how did you do at the dr? Pix - are you feeling any better? Wibble - I second Ananda's graphic and I challenge you to a game of Tetris.

I'm having some moderate cravings tonight. Almost gave in about an hour ago because I "felt like it". I decided to wait it out and am a little better now. Still have a couple more hours in the danger zone but hopefully I'll make it out okay between reading and trying to trick my cat into thinking her antibiotic is a treat. Darn cats are so smart.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:19 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
getting there

OK, sleeping Englanders and others,
I made it through a few more chapters of my book, successfully tricked the cat, and am now getting ready for bed SOBER! So that's it for day 3. See you all tomorrow.

xo

PS - did we lose the smilies too?
Old 11-18-2008, 11:43 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

So after ten months sober I relapsed and now I guess November is my new start date. While I regret relapsing I also learned alot from it.

Happy to be sober again
Old 11-18-2008, 11:54 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Glad you made it back mxchaos

Regardless of how long you had sober or what triggered you into drinking. The main thing is you came back and want to start over. Good luck to you.

It was carnage on here yesterday, forum was down for most of the evening UK time.

Had a very odd day, met someone in a bar and didn't really crave that much at all. Just sat drinking my coffee (which then later kept me awake...) but got into a horrible mood later in the evening. Made it through though. Day 3 and I feel pretty good