Notices

90 Days and Under Part 2

Old 11-23-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

way to go Ed!:

Good for you TSH! Keep up the great work!:ghug3

Bye Hope, hope to see you down the line!
Old 11-29-2008, 06:52 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

NDN, Eclipse... y'all still here? How goes it?
Old 11-30-2008, 06:23 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi TSH,

I'm still here. I was gone to my parent's for thanksgiving and had a great time. I shared a bottle of wine with my mom two different days, and that meant 2 glasses...so I am not abstinent, but it was refreshing to only drink two glasses and be done. I don't really have any cravings since I've been home...we'll see. Are you still on a roll, you amazing woman??? I am so proud of you!
Old 11-30-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hi there lady,

Well, today is day 61 if that qualifies as being on a roll. :P I wondered how I'd do on Thanksgiving - I'm used to having a bottle of wine on and off during the day as I cook, and then some with dinner - but not this year.

I have a trip coming up this week: I'm going to NYC for 4 days with my mom. I'm really wondering how that will go and what it will do to this sobriety run. I guess that's a story/train of thought for another time, though.

I'm glad you're doing well. Good to hear from you!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:41 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi all... how is everyone doing in here?

Today is 44 Days for me. I am feeling good and in a great mood today! My job stress has been testing me lately though. Before Oct 20 when I left work stressed my first thought was to stop and get wine to relieve my anxiety. I chose not to do that now and am dealing with the stress in better ways. Today I will remain sober, and i'm very grateful to say that!
Old 12-05-2008, 05:11 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good to see you all doing so well.

Day 83 for me, just trudging along.

Ed
Old 12-07-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 84

It was a tough weekend. My wife was away visiting our daughter at college for the weekend. My first weekend home alone with the kids not in college. Home alone used to be my all access pass to explore the depths my disease could take me....

But now I am sober and in recovery. I won't lie, had some urges, self pity... But I went to meetings, worked on the trains for the christmas tree, watched some football with my youngest son and spent a lot of time here on SR.

Just a couple more hours, I will give my wife a bug hug when she gets home, go to bed with another day clean and sober. I guess it doesn't get any better.

Mark
Old 12-07-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Sounds like the perfect ending to a great weekend Cubile. Had a great one myself. Got to play with the grandchildren. We built a cat house (that would be a house for a cat). Not a thought of the alcohol all weekend. Perfect

Ed
Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by NewDayNow View Post
Not a thought of the alcohol all weekend. Perfect
Oh, how I envy you of that!! That's wonderful.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:31 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hello everyone... I just looked and the last time I was on here was last Wednesday. I GASPED! With work and the holidays I have been so busy. Today is 64 days sober!!!!!!!! I feel good, but it's still hard. Every Monday specifically though I feel fantastic because I made it thru another weekend (always the hardest for me) sober.

I hope all is well with everyone!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 11:19 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Way to go, shanman!

Wrapping up day 83 here. *yawn* been a long day!!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:56 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Way to go all!!

Love my job but it is good to be home for Christmas

102 days sober today

Have a great, sober Christmas

Ed
Old 12-25-2008, 06:42 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thought I was a dead man. Didn’t think this was possible

With the help of SR and AA, this has been my first sober Christmas in more years than I care to count.

I’m Grateful to be 103 days sober. What more could I ask for.

Thank you. Thank you all.

See ya in a couple of weeks,

Ed
Old 12-26-2008, 06:21 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Just found out I don't need to be back on the job site until tomorrow. So, guess I'll hang out in the basement and fix stuff today.

Busy hands are sober hands!

104 days
Old 12-27-2008, 11:29 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewDayNow View Post

Busy hands are sober hands!
NDN - love the quote!

Hi all... 69 days today. I had a HORRIBLE dream last night that I drank... I had 1 beer (in dream) and knew I was doing the wrong thing by getting up to get my second, my sister in law started a fight with me and I ended up pouring my second beer on her head. I felt so ashamed that I was drinking, and even had the thought in my dream that we fought because I made the stupid idea to drink. I felt horrible about having to also start at day 1 again... I was so peeved off in my dream that after pouring that drink on her, I left and decided to go for a run. It was the craziest dream! I was SO relieved when I woke up to know that today is 69 days sober and I'm still trucking along.

I think I know why it was my sister in law that got the drink spilled on her in my dream too. On Christmas Eve my Husband and I hosted a party with family and friends. She was drunk and at the end of the night when most everyone was gone she said... "Come on Shannon, I think you should just drink now with me"... I was really irritated at the time, but it's annoying to me now. I will need to talk to her about it... but I'm a little scared to. Any advice?

Alright sober friends... I need to get ready for my second job. Have a wonderful day/evening!!!!

Shannon
Old 12-28-2008, 08:14 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Well, that was a short trip. Had some equipment problems on the job site. So home I am again.

Hey shan,

It’s OK if it’s only a dream.

I would talk to her about it, holding here best interest at heart. Knowing that she has my best interest at heart.

Ed
Old 12-30-2008, 06:18 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

i am still here, and still sober. 72 days (i think!) today.

getting back into enjoying life while sober. enjoying things that i used to before alcohol became my life. spending time with friends, writing, making art... and finding that people truly do like me when i am sober. it's a fantastic feeling.

i have seen so many changes in my attitude in the last 72 days... it's amazing. i am so thankful that today i wake up and i do not have the obsession to drink. it's a wonderful life.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

YAHHHH JFM, that's so awesome that you are still going strong! I feel amazing too!!!

New Years Eve was an interesting evening, but I made it through with no struggles. I was the only sober one beside my pregnant friend, but mingled, danced and enjoyed the evening. The best part was waking up the next morning sober and having the best start to my 2009! I'm really looking forward to continue growing and being active in my sobriety!

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
being me

Way to go everyone! It is great to be staying sober into this new year.

I have learned so much about how to deal with my emotions without turning to drinking. When I feel stress at work, I no longer think about drinking ASAP to escape. I think more along the lines of, OK, this will pass, I can't wait to be back at home with a good book.

I feel that there have been many small changes in my life that have made a BIG difference in how I view and interact with the world. Thanks SR friends for helping me on this journey!

K
Old 01-05-2009, 07:11 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Happy Monday all! Hope you are all doing well!

78 days sober today for me. WOW!!! I honestly never thought I could do it. I get a little emotional when I start thinking about how GREAT my life is while sober. I never knew it could be like this... I am so happy. It is wonderful to have such a clear head about things now. I am so calm and level headed... every once in a while the craving presents itself but i am surrounding myself with sober, healthy people and not putting myself in dangerous situations.

I have been reading "Twenty-Four Hours a Day." every morning. My sponsor gave it to me for my 60 days. I really like it! It's a great way to start the day. I really suggest you pick it up if you don't have it.

Hope you are all having a great start to the new year. I know I am