Notices

90 Days and Under Part 2

Old 08-12-2010, 05:19 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Day 31 and......

I'm official for the 90 days and under! Nice seeing you fine folks.

TB - I'm sorry to hear about your financial issues and may be able to offer some suggestions via PM. I was going through some tough times for the last year until I moved into this 5 BR house with four other people paying $250 a month (utilities included). I've been able to save substantially since the end of May.

This Sunday I'm moving into another house (totally non-smoking) and paying $450 (again all utilities included). Considering I've saved a good couple hundred bucks from not drinking the last month, that alone will cover my upgrade.

Now if i quit smoking (which I will over this weekend), I'll save another couple hundred bucks a month.

I do not have the expense of a vehicle since I don't have a DL nor do I own a car. Since I do live in a good sized city, I get around pretty good on bike and have really customized my lifestyle to transport everything on my bike. I envy people who pass me by with their fancy cars and A/C cranked while I'm sweatin bullets getting from point A to point B.

Nonetheless, I put myself into this situation with DUI's and have to accept it. All in all, I am very happy with my lifestyle - most likely because I'm sober.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:33 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Well, Cat, looks like you're replacing me. I went 50 days and... just couldn't anymore.

Looks like I'm going to rehab tomorrow, assuming no problems. Last couple days I have not only run out of money/life options (6 hours of work this week so far... 60 dollars does not yield any form of living situation) but a lot of other stuff. I don't know what to do anymore, so I called a place... I go in tomorrow.

I'm nowhere close to under 90 days (well, I suppose, actually, I am... 90 days short of it) just thought I might let y'all know in case you all cared.

Cat, be a good replacementbubba Maintain the commonwealth's good reputation... lol.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
HFA

bubba, sorry to hear that you didnt "make it". I really hope rehab helps you. I am scared every day that I wont make it. Every stinking day.

Day 46
Old 08-12-2010, 08:39 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Tb...thanks for letting us know what's up...good luck in rehab...you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:40 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Oh, and YEAH CAT!!!! We've made it to the 90 and under thread:-)
Old 08-13-2010, 12:52 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

TB - Hey you did get 50 days before relapsing so that's something to be proud of. Good luck in rehab. Will you have computer access there? Will you be able to check in here?
Old 08-13-2010, 03:06 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

not sure tbh. i will have someone in here updating my existence though.

man i'm terrified.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:08 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Administrator

We'll all be with you in spirit TB

D
Old 08-13-2010, 04:26 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

ty ((dee)).

you've been invaluable in my search for sobriety, don't think you haven't. if i ever make it, it is partly your fault lol. something about weirdo australians... i think it was the time zones but um it was what it was. and ya'll weirdoness definitely helped me stay focused

i got endzy's addy, so... through her i might exist for the next little while. i have no idea what exactly rehab entails. you'd think, for an ex-legal-case-looker-upper, i might have thought this through a little more lol.

but i really truly appreciate y'all watching me be in rehab to be honest.

heck i had to admit stuff earlier this week about how i wouldn't be able to make it. funny thing, and i know it possibly sounds stupid... but if it hadn't been for that admission, i never would have been able to admit how far i've fallen now. it's a cascading thingy...

but kinda relieving in the end. i don't gotta think about all the check-to-check worries... just get a sort of clean break to deal with my own sobriety and how i can live a better life.

I suppose the reason i'm mentioning this is because of the 2 individuals who i chatted with tonight. seems like people like me have a hard time admitting a dang thing lol.

sometimes you gotta say something or you get stuck in the undertow...

yeah i'm from a landlocked state in the us in case that didn't make sense.

*still terrified btw
Old 08-13-2010, 04:41 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's probably not as bad as college, and not as good as Disneyland TB
You have a lot of supporters here

take care
D
Old 08-13-2010, 04:43 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

lol... you know me dee

ty
Old 08-13-2010, 05:04 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

30....you and me babe...we are gonna do this deal no matter what (hug)
Old 08-13-2010, 06:40 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

tb - I wish you all the best and do not be terrified. This will be a positive "temporary" move for you with rehab. I'd imagine you'll come across many resources to help you down the road. It is not the end of the world for you and you must look at it as a step forward to get out of the set back you are facing right now. It's all going to be good in the end - you wait and see! :ghug3

If I've made it this far with basically nothing, then so can you or anyone for that matter. One must really put their mind to it and can conquer the biggest battles. I've learned to seriously improvise over the last several years and have come a long way.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:31 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

yes nandz!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:25 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

TB - I hope you made it to rehab. It's been hard for me to see you drink after 50 days when you weren't able to find solutions to your living, working and money problems.

It's been hard for me to see people come and go from SR, stop and start drinking or using again during the past 6 weeks since I have stopped drinking. I think it makes me uncomfortable because it reminds me of my past stop and start drinking patterns.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
It's been hard for me to see people come and go from SR, stop and start drinking or using again during the past 6 weeks since I have stopped drinking. I think it makes me uncomfortable because it reminds me of my past stop and start drinking patterns.
Scares the hell out of me to, Llyddie. Show just how fragile sobriety can be.

Day 48
Old 08-14-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HFA View Post
Scares the hell out of me to, Llyddie. Show just how fragile sobriety can be.

Day 48
Yes you are so right - it does scare the hell out of me. Especially knowing how fragile sobriety can be.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:53 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Day 33

Well, no tb sighting so we can assume she made it to rehab. I hope all is well with her and can relate to the meltdown with all the issues thrown her direction all at once.

Yes, we are very fragile with the challenge of sobriety and any given moment we are so vulnerable to have a relapse as we face our daily problems. I drank to forget my problems and am sure most of you the same.

I am blessed with the fact that I have not had any beer cravings since I quit last month. Of course I've been around a few years and know the consequences.

Tomorrow is the big move day and I'm really looking forward to it. My biggest challenge will be giving up the smokes I was suppose to do today but succeeded only half way. So tomorrow is my new quit day.

Have a great sober weekend everyone!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:54 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Hi everyone, I'm back from a week of trailer camping.

First off; TB, cat has a good point in that there should be many resources available to help you...make the most of them, okay?

It's late here, so I'll make this short. Trip great. Didn't rain once. Felt good traveling past all the liquor stores and beer and wine stores I've gotten to know along the highway. Didn't have any temptations even when booze was offered.

Day 42

Murray
Old 08-15-2010, 10:55 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Glad you had a great vacation Murray! Passing up all the beer marts and no desire - excellent!

I'm counting down the minutes to move - friends should be here any minute.

Out of SMOKES and gonna go for it this time.

I'll check back once I'm in the new place later today.

Have a great day!