Notices

90 Days and Under Part 2

Old 03-30-2010, 05:57 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

wow, I can't see as far as 90 days yet....today was #43!...but if you want to hang around for another 47 days...i sure do need the company...because I will be talking to MYSELF...there is no one here but you and me lately? or maybe there is a thread we don't know about?

are you supposed to move to a differnt thread? is there a 120?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

LOL not sure...there is a 6mos and under though....i'll just hang out here for a while

I got a good feeling that hanging with you is helping my sobriety
Old 03-31-2010, 04:23 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Sober Day #44....this will continue one day at a time....and i hope others will come to join us.

Congrats Ananda!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

yeah...we need to drum up a little publicity!

I know there are more people between 30 and 90 days out there

*grabs a net and goes hunting*
Old 07-20-2010, 10:15 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

ThirtyBubba & HFA - here's the 90 Days and Under

Hey - I found the 90 days and under thread - I am not here yet but I think ThirtyBubba and HFA are.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:06 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Oh thank you Lyddie.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:09 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

You are welcome TB. Keep a seat open for me. Today is my Day 19 so I should be here in 11 days - August 1? Did I add right?
Old 07-21-2010, 05:34 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Um, did you sober up around July 1? If so, I daresay yes.

I'm the worst one to ask about days sober... I had to draw a little calendar and put x's in the sober days and then count the x's. The numbers always come out wrong if I do it with math. Might have figured out why that is earlier, when I asked the boss how I'm supposed to figure my hours past midnight--that day or next day?--and he did not know offhand. Too many third shifts lead to gross incompetence in day reckoning.

Also, errors such as thinking of Tuesdays as Wednesdays and Friday is the day before the days off, regardless of where it is in the week... Oh my. How I ever managed to get to work all the time is now looking crazier than it did when I just factored in all the drinking.

Anyways... I'm tired. Just worked 12 hours. It was good, I like my work. Today I did something even easier (for me). They had me working alone in an hour.

Still sober, and this week it's neither an effort nor a "slide"... it just is. I'm too tired, my rationality is being torn asunder by these sleep changes, but I'm sure next week will be a challenge. It's almost like a detox period for me this week, just putting one foot in front of the other, can't do much else.

Ah, take care y'all,
TB, waiting for this thread to get populated as everybody in the 30 day thread makes it
Old 07-21-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

TB -

I did night shift work for several years. After midnight, I always considered that the day was yesterday until I got off work at 7 am or so and then I considered that the day was today. I know that doesn't make much sense.

Good luck with the night work and get some good sleep when you can.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:51 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
HFA

thanks lyddie, I also posted in the 60 and under. I think that one is easier for me to get my head around.

Im bad at counting days. I never know when. I have a calendar on the back of my bedroom door that I have to x off days too. LOL. But it goes further then that. I never know how old I am. I know im around 41 or 42. I have to sit down and do the math, then I always forget. How sad is that?

Day 24
Old 07-22-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

HFA -

After 40 or so - age is more how you feel not what you actually are. I know I am getting older because it really bothers me that someone's age is reported in the news. Does it really matter how old someone is if they are in a car accident? OK - time to change the subject - I can rant on this one way too long.

I think you did discover that you were in the 6 months and under thread - not 60 days?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:57 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
HFA -

I think you did discover that you were in the 6 months and under thread - not 60 days?
Yeah, I did. But not till TB pointed it out. I guess I will try and wrap my head around 90 days then. But I still have 4 days to go in the 30 thread.

Day 26
Old 07-23-2010, 08:14 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

I'm not even gonna try and wrap my head around 90 days. Sounds more like a jail sentence to me, to be honest. I gotta go along with the day-at-a-time theory, I suppose.

I'm hanging out here like a freshman hangs out with seniors...

Well, y'all, I pulled off my first week of work and rested up all day long. Then I went to a meeting. I have no standards for myself today, just get some sleep and eat and shower and stuff. Today went very well, largely because of those standards.

On the other hand, I realized about 7:40 ET that today was the day my bill was due back on the west coast at 5:00 PT... so I had to hurry up and do that. Close call, but I got it done online.

Overall a good day though. Fridays will be a problem in the future, I can tell, because as soon as I threw my car in gear after work yesterday, my first thought was "FRIDAY!". Then my mind got kinda quiet and sad as it realized that every single last workday I ever had, well, I can't do that anymore.

I asked at the meeting, they suggested I read a book. This is not gonna work out, I can't fathom it. I like reading, but it's not a good end of the week thing. Or maybe I have to calm all the way down and just sit around knitting and such. I don't know. Seems to me a lot of people would never stay sober if that's what you're supposed to do.

I dreamed I got drunk. I woke up in my own bed, decided I might drink, and did so. I lived about three days before I woke up into this world. I am grateful for the internet telling me that it's still Friday July 23rd.

Take care,
TB
Old 07-23-2010, 09:03 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
HFA

I am still trying to figure out what to do at the end of the week. My big problem day is Thurs. I go and take ballroom dancing lessons with the GF, then we spend a couple hrs alone thrus nite. After she leaves, i used to extend the celebration with an 18 pack.
Now i just try to bask in the fun at the time. Still not sure what to do to wind down a work week.

Day 26
Old 07-23-2010, 09:17 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've had a good many great Friday nights sober - sure they're quieter on balance than they used to be, but when I wake up I remember all, I'm not ashamed, I'm not sick, and I know for sure it'll be Saturday - not a week or two weeks hence.

I always feel now like the day has promise - like I used to when I was 12 or something - and I'll trade that any day for the old part-AY stuff

You're only limited by your imagination tonight guys...and maybe the law LOL

D
Old 07-23-2010, 10:17 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Yeah, I like the feeling of being sober, but I think HFA put it a little clearer--I am missing the wind-down.

I worked all week, now I'm sitting in my kitchen playing mahjongg in the arcade. It's Friday night. I suppose I'll keep playing mahjongg till the meeting tomorrow night. Then again until I go back to work Sunday. I feel like I failed at life. Like this is my punishment for not being able to handle alcohol. I get told in one breath "oh but you're still young" and in the next, that now that I'm sober, I should be happy sitting home and watching tv or reading a book. Yes, it's better than the aftereffects of drinking, sure, but is this life? This is what *I* get.

Not worth a thing to society anymore. Just stay home and then go to a meeting every now and then and I should be oh so grateful because I'm not drinking. This actually is presenting a compelling argument to just go out, get drunk, and do something absolutely crazy that'd make the 6 oclock news and end my life/freedom in the process.

I still got enough hope for the daytime part of me that I won't go do that, but still.

I lost at life. This is what I get. Go read a book.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:24 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Administrator

You haven't lost at life - you just haven't explored all your other options yet, TB
There's not many of us here who'd settle for a life of something missing, believe me.

Hang in there - you'll see

D
Old 07-23-2010, 10:42 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

LOL Dee, I haven't a clue where to start. I've never been part of life as an adult, and I don't know what to go "back" to...

But I do believe all y'all have found something, yes. I just don't see it happening for me. Meh, I reckon one day I'll get used to this. I got used to drinking. Wasn't happy then either.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:47 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Administrator

I believe you'll surprise yourself Bubba

D
Old 07-23-2010, 11:04 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hope so Dee, I do.