Notices

30 Days and Under Club

Old 05-26-2008, 09:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I hope everyone is having a good holiday. I'm on day 22 today. Feeling some aches and pains, but overall in good spirits. -- NM
Old 05-26-2008, 12:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Day 18, had an excellent day today but one which made me a bit thoughtful.

Bank Holiday monday so went with my wife and kids to an adventure farm, we were in the fort, on the peddle go karts, down the death slide, playing football, saw all the animals, we were about the last to leave as the farm shut, fish and chips for tea on the way home and everyone tired for bed. Kids were in the door and both sleeping within 5 mins. I'm feeling relaxed, ready to go to bed and back to work tomorrow, most importantly back to work feeling well and not hungover.

What makes me a bit thoughtful and sad though is we went to the same place on one of the bank holiday mondays last year. On that occasion though we left the farm early cos Daddy ( me ) wanted home early as he had work the next day, or the real reason, he wanted home to get tore into some beer to make him feel better after the beer he had had the day before. Looking back what a waste.

I know we can't change the past, but we can change the future. Doesn't mean I'm not bloody annoyed with myself about the past sometimes though.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Fizzy, one of the pillars of early recovery is that we take it easy on ourselves. We don't dwell on the past, nor wish to repeat it. If I remember correctly, I spent all last year's Memorial Day with a fifth of gin and a resentment. Man, I had a lot to say to that resentment!... What a much better day this year... Yours this year sounds great. Rock on. -- NM
Old 05-27-2008, 12:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Just checking in, Day 19, although work was rubbish, least I dealt with it feeling well, haven't done that on the tuesday after a holiday monday for a long while.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hello, my first post

Just joined today, Day 20 here. Doing pretty well. Prone to depression and anxiety, and these have both been problems for awhile...in fact, the reasons why I turned to self-medication via alcohol in the first place...so many years ago (sigh). Physical detox was easy, compared to many here...it is the mental side that haunts...well, except the awful sleep quality, which has been there for some months too. I look forward to a time of being able to sleep, not worry so much, and not be so prone to despair.

I worry desperately about PAWS...please, not that too. I had read a few posts elsewhere about people feeling better at about 3-4 weeks sober, and that is a good part of why I've made it to Day 20. The thought of not feeling good for months on end, well, that is hard to take. Still, someone made an excellent point: even this sure beats the hell out of having a hangover. Amen.

And it beats the shame, and the embarrassment of doing things while drunk that I now regret. Oh, and the lovely blackouts that I don't even know what I did or said.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I finished my 4th AA step today. And since I told my sponsor about it, apparently I've completed my 5th step too. Man, flying by!... Anyways, looking to get day 23 in the hole. I hope everyone is well!... Joelle, one observation I have: the more I'm around people, the less depressed I am. Keep joining. -- NM
Old 05-28-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Day 20, good to see you Joelle.

Just another day done on the journey.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Day 21, just taking it slow, one day at a time.

Keep wanting to look to far ahead, thats only 3 weeks done though, just focus on tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

" . . . thats only 3 weeks done though, . . ."

Fizzy - that statement is so humble. 3 weeks is great! I was just thinking today, "When will my 3 weeks be?" I'm at 17 days today and am very psyched! I get the focus on tomorrow and have had a few instances when I have had to get through a tough evening, but it passes ever so quickly right now. It may not always be that way, but for now I'm thanking my lucky stars that I haven't had too many issues thus far.

Joelle - Welcome to SR and I agree with a lot of what you mentioned in your post. It definitely beats a hang over.

Negman - You are sunshine with all your posts. You and Fizzy are right together on your days and thanks for making this post. I don't want to go to the 3 months gang just yet!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Rock on Horselover and Fizzy. Day 25 down for me. Time to zzzzzzzzz. G'night! -- NM
Old 05-30-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 18 today ("almost" 3 weeks). 3 weeks is the longest I've gone without a drink in quite some time. I can't wait to break that record!!

Today I'm headed to the zoo with 5 kids and 2 adults. It should be interesting as 3 of them are 6 years and younger and quite active. I'm glad I'm not drinking because I wouldn't have had the patience or the energy before to do this.

Loving sober life and my new friends here!!

Congrads Least and glad I have a buddy to travel with on this journey.

Love you all and have a great day Neg-man and everyone else!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Day 22 end of another week at work.

Start of hopefully my 4th week sober.

Enjoy the Zoo Horselover.

All the best everyone
Old 05-30-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

15 days today!:ghug
Old 05-30-2008, 09:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Look at how well all of us are doing! Yay us!... I'm a little too much in my head lately, but I'm sober and going to meetings. Looks like I'll make it through day 26 today. A few more and I won't be a newcomer anymore at AA meetings. Yay me.

Keep rockin'

-- NM
Old 05-31-2008, 12:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Just about through my 4th saturday evening in a row sober ( day 23 ), saturday was normally a day I would start drinking around 10.00 in the morning, it was the one day I never really suffered as I never had to cope with the friday night hangover for any length of time.

Lovely hot day here and I just drove back from the shop, seemed to see lots of people who'd obviously overdone it with beers in the sun, maybe just more aware of them. Being able to drive on a saturday evening is a bit of a novelty as well.

Had to catch myself a few times today as was very tempted to have a beer, made it though, stuck to the iced water and cola.

Hope your all having a safe and sober weekend.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Same as you, FizzyWater, day 23 here. It has been challenging because my tween-age son (12) has been rude and obnoxious lately....I've been crying a lot today....nearly lost it, thought about drinking, got over it. A drink won't help. He is my biggest difficulty in staying sober, but also a big reason why I've decided to stop drinking...I was making everything worse by being a drunken mom. Alcohol is a beast. We both will do better with me staying sober.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:03 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sixteen days today! And a very tension filled day, with all this social activity for my graduating daughter going on. But still, at day sixteen, proud of myself and determined to keep going!!:ghug2
Old 06-01-2008, 05:31 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Day 20 - woo hoo! Almost 3 weeks! Couldn't have done it without you all and I mean it!! Husband always knows when I'm craving really bad because I'm glued to this forum at those times. He's also grateful for this place and he hasn't snooped at all at it. He considers its my business, which I appreciate. We've been married for 18 years and together for over 20 years and as he says, "I'm not going anywhere and you can't get rid of me." Got to love that and we've been through a lot together. Well, I'm rambling.

Had a great time at the zoo and was perfectly exhausted at the end of it. Did literally chase other Mom's son at least twice. That kid can be a devil. You'd call his name and he would look at you and run faster!! He's the same age as my son and acts exactly like mine did a year ago. They are totally run by their impulses. "Joey, why did you run away from me?" "Because I wanna see da polar bears." LOL.

Got to run. Have a happy, sober day everyone!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:35 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

17 days today! PLease God get me thru this humid stressful day without passing out or "losing it".
Old 06-01-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi, ...er i'm new...not even sure how to post....i'm only on day 7 but can I come into your gang! ...not finding it too difficult...but am having to avoid some friends and rituals...i don't miss the drink but I know if I have just one sip....that's me gone for a week or so on a bender....it scares me...it feels like someone has hijacked my body...and when eventually they give it back...it's in a right state!!! ...and usually gets delivered with an empty bank account...
...i find it difficult to talk to my friends...they only see the tip of the iceberg and don't understand...also of course...i'm embarresed at my lack of control.