Notices

I feel like using!

Old 07-20-2004, 08:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
she's come undone

Smile

Prayers coming your way, Namommy, and lots of hugs too!! Stay strong, 8 years is one heck of an accomplishment.

Always An Admirer,
Abby

Old 07-21-2004, 07:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone.

Thank you all so much for the support. I am feeling much better today. I still have a slight headache, which I found out I am going to have to deal with the headaches (slight or full-blown) until I at least get my ovary removed. They are hormonal, and there is nothing that can be done for them. Once the hormones spike, it takes 72 hours for them to settle down. The headaches just have to run their course. (not the answer I was looking for, but an answer non the less).

The doctor I work for had me take Motrin and do back stretches the night it happened and the next morning. I was also told to keep moving to work it out. So, I went to work and by noon yesterday, my back felt better. Like I said, I had never had that happen before, it was very scary. My heart goes out to anyone who has to deal with that on a regular basis. I was told it was probably because I had been moving furniture into the new house over the weekend. I have to remember that I am not as young and in shape as I used to be. I also need to remember that I have good men in my life who will move me without any catches (you know what I mean.)

One last note, this is embarrassing but what the h***. I have had 8 pregnancies, 4 kids, and 4 miscarriages. Because of this, I am prone to stress incontinence. When I went to a chiropractor ONCE, he adjusted my back and I peed myself.lol My back and head felt great afterwards, but I was humiliated.

Love you all

Laurie D

PS. I am also feeling really good about myself because I actually went to work in pain and feeling as bad as I did. It really helped my mental status. I usually cave in to the pain and call out sick.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

All good advise, just wanted to extend my sympathy (((((((NAMOMMY))))))
Old 07-21-2004, 03:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Paused

You are in my prayers and thoughts!
I too, have struggled with my health issues and taking medication, it does not make things easy. Been into surgery numerous times, and have just let myself go through it, without thinking and pressuring myself too much.
I find it helpful to continually hand this over to my Higher Power.
I have empathy for you. Take care and God Bless!
Old 07-22-2004, 06:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Red face not to be nosey but....

Hugs namommy, just seems like we have alot of the same physical problems, with the headaches and backaches but i was wondering what is wrong with your ovary? I have polycystic ovaries and was just thinking that it might be part of the problem! So Glad your feeling better! Chiros are GREAT!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2004, 05:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Tigerlily,

I have a large solid mass on my ovary that the doctors say looks suspicious. and a cyst in my uterus which may be a polyp. I go for an MRI tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

((((((Laurie))))))

your in our prayers
Old 07-22-2004, 06:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Dan

Laurie. Strength and Courage.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Truth is the only lasting joy

Peace namommy,
Lotsa prayers coming your way...

Peace
Old 07-22-2004, 08:02 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Big hugs to you Laurie
Old 07-22-2004, 08:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Namommy..

I'm praying for you... for serenity around your cravings... and for relief from your pain.

I don't get migranes very often... but I can sure sympathize with anyone who has them... and then back pain on top of that.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:26 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Hello! Is this seat taken??

Just wanted to send my prayers along with the others to hang in there and remember that you're thought of and we believe in you. Stay connected, and know blessings are sent your way (are your ears ringing yet??).

hugz - pad
Old 07-23-2004, 08:26 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.

I had my MRI this morning, at first it wasn't bad, they put on the classic rock station for me, he told me it would be about 45 min. for the first part, and just then the station announced a 40 min. commercial free rock block. What timing!

My back hurt really bad staying in one position for that long, but I managed. The worst part was the injection of dye. I triggered some old memories. I had forgotten that one of my favorite parts of getting high was that feeling and taste I would get in my throat when I shot drugs. When I got that feeling and taste from the injection, I got that feeling like I just wanted to chase that feeling again. At least I had 45 min. to lay still and pray and meditate. I thought the whole process through and remembered what else comes with that feeling. Homelessness, prostitution, degredation, jails, etc. etc.

My doctor will get the report on Monday, so until then I just have to sit tight and wait.

Again thank you all, I love you guys.

Laurie D
Old 07-23-2004, 08:42 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Headed in the right direction.

Hang in there!

One small step at a time. Even if it is just getting ready for work and making yourself go. You can do it. You can. Stay in the good routines you have built over the last 8 years. They are worth a lot right now. We are praying for you.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:18 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

(((NAMOMMY))))) I hope your back gets better soon, hopefully the MRI will help. I had tons of MRI's when I first was diagnosed with seizures, I remember that dye. I haven't had an MRI for about five years now but I surely do remember. At that time I don't think they had music in them, just the klunk, klunk, klunk. You're lucky. Hope your results are good.