Notices

I am afraid to sleep or barly function at all

Old 11-26-2005, 09:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am afraid to sleep or barly function at all

my meds arent working, health and welfare has changed so i cant get help with my meds now. I am very afraid to sleep because i have been having vivid dreams that are way to real feeling. my wife seis she has been waking me 5+ times a night because im crying and wimpering and screeming in my sleep. one of my dreams that i had last night realy scared me i was slowly cutting my little girls head off with a surraded sword. dreams like this are what i have been having. i am scared to goto sleep, to go out of the house to even get my dang mail that is only 20 yards away, im at my father inlaws to night because he was having some computer problems so i prolly wont get back on till monday when i have to come and get my little girl from being baby sat. i am loosing controll its taking everything i have to not cut, smoke or just looseing it all together. If these dreams dont stop i will go over the deep end.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((RX))))))

I have had a many disturbing dreams in my life. I haven't had one for a long time and I don't know what to say to comfort you.

I do, however, have a link I am including for you to read and it's a discussion on "Nightmares" and it is several pages long. It is found in the PTSD forum and many of our members suffer from this frightening experience.

You will find similarites and maybe some comfort and even suggestions as to what to do.
Here is the link:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ark-51332.html

My thoughts are with you...praying that you find peace and soon get a restful night's sleep...
Old 11-27-2005, 02:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
help123

Hey, I totally understand! I have horrible dreams every night, being raped, beated, or killed. And most of them are I can't find my kids! Maybe u should talk to ur doc, I found that some meds make more vivid dreams. I now have to live with them but they are horrible, I feel ur pain. Also, On not wanting to go anywhere, I am definetly like that too. Sometimes, I don't even w

Old 11-28-2005, 09:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Ryan....are you using any nicotine patches? If so, if you leave those on while you sleep they can cause severe nightmares like that.

second....try using that progressive muscle relaxation cd I sent you. I REALLY think it will help you sleep more peacefully.

third....trying calling your local NAMI and ask if maybe they can refer you somewhere to get help with meds. Or try calling local churches. Catholic churches and other denominations often help with things like meds and utilities and stuff.

Try deep breathing excersizes throughout the day. 10 deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth while eyes shut. You can also picture breathing in and out through your right foot for 5-10 breaths and then the left for 5-10 breaths. Helps with stress, overall and might very well help your sleep and keep you from cutting.

Fourth....just keep reminding yourself that these are ONLY dreams. Don't make yourself feel guilty for these dreams b/c that's all they are is dreams. They are not the reality of things.

Fifth....pray, pray and pray some more. I also pray for you every night.

Hugs,
Jenna
Old 11-29-2005, 02:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

not sure what to say but thanks for careing all of you. im in a real depressed mood at the moment i was just denied disability, yes im going to apeal with a lawyer but still put me down.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Hang in there....