Old 11-28-2005, 09:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
shutterbug
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Ryan....are you using any nicotine patches? If so, if you leave those on while you sleep they can cause severe nightmares like that.

second....try using that progressive muscle relaxation cd I sent you. I REALLY think it will help you sleep more peacefully.

third....trying calling your local NAMI and ask if maybe they can refer you somewhere to get help with meds. Or try calling local churches. Catholic churches and other denominations often help with things like meds and utilities and stuff.

Try deep breathing excersizes throughout the day. 10 deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth while eyes shut. You can also picture breathing in and out through your right foot for 5-10 breaths and then the left for 5-10 breaths. Helps with stress, overall and might very well help your sleep and keep you from cutting.

Fourth....just keep reminding yourself that these are ONLY dreams. Don't make yourself feel guilty for these dreams b/c that's all they are is dreams. They are not the reality of things.

Fifth....pray, pray and pray some more. I also pray for you every night.

Hugs,
Jenna