Notices

Panic attack

Old 11-13-2005, 10:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Panic attack

Hi all,

Oh, I had this wonderful week last week. Really,. life was really quite stressful, very stressful really, but, I felt good, better than I have felt in a while. I was beginning to think, maybe my life was going to be getting "more normal".. LOL..

I put alot of faith in god, I have a strong faith. I believe he can help me, I don't believe however that I have been so deserving of his strength, and help always. Thsi si a battle I have struggled with in my head. Last week, things changed, I really put strong faith in him, praying more reguylarlyy, and reading the bible a bit more, just getting better in my faith, stronger.
Even with all that went on last week, nothings eemed to feel like the end of the world to me, as I ofen feel.

Well this last night, I wasn't stressed, but I was unable to sleep. I just couldnt. I was up until 5:30 am. The only thing that seemed different last night was that, I normally have been having this swelling problem. Sometimes pretty bad, my ankle, is sometimes so big, that well, it's huge, and occasionally, my hands are also somewhat swollen. But lastnight, my hands were huge, and very uncomfortable.. Most of the night.

So I went to sleep at 5:30, and woke up at 9:30, but you see, I never get much sleep at all, and this is not enough sleep for me, on the weekends, ( I ususally catch up a little on the weekends, when the kids and husband don't have to get up early). I woke up and came to the computer, everyone in the house was sleeping, but me, and I logged on SR, and began typing a reply to a post. All of a sudden my heart began to pound very, hard and fast, I knew it was the start of a severe panick attack. It got really bad.,
I went and laid on the couch, and prayed, and prayed, and went to sleep, that was the first time that I can remember that I had a panick attack that bad, and did not go to the hospital, but instead, prayed through it, and fell asleep. So, I slept a couple hours, and once again woke up, but this time, as soon as I opened my eyes, mt heart started, and the panic set in, and the process repeated itself. I went to sleep again, after praying. My panick attacks physically exhaust me when they are over normally, I am not sure if this is normal for others that have them, but, I believe it is because my heart goes so hard, so fast.. I kept doing this until 2:30 when I got up and took my anxiety meds. Then I was out until 5:30.. Not good, because I am not slleping and of course it's 12:30, but I'mm sure it will be morning, before I sleep again. I hope not to have another panick attack though. I so hate them, ugh.. Although I am grateful that I made it through today, without going to the hospital. I hate going to the ER when I am having one, they scare me, and my attacks always get worse there, then they fill me full of anxiety meds, normally alot of them. More than I care to take.

I did get up, and get soem work done today. But, not as much as I needed to do. The work will wait though, that i know.
I am a it afraid though, because it seems, Sundays and Mondays, kinds help decide how the rest of my week will be. I hope not like this.

I look like I have been dragged behind a car. Beaten, black eyes are terrible.

Please, if you pray, please say a prayer for me,, I would appreciate it very much..

Thanks for listening.
Oh, and if the way my panic sounded, seemed strange to you, well, that is how mine generally go.. Yuck..

Thanks
God Bless,
Becky
Old 11-13-2005, 11:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

((((((Becky)))))

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I too, have been having depression, anxiety and panic attacks. I haven't had them in a long time and now they're starting to come back. I need to get back on some antidepressants, which I hate to do, because they make me gain weight.

I just lost all the weight recently from being on them the last few years. It's a no win situation it seems.

Hang in there

Hugs,
Savana
Old 11-14-2005, 03:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((Becky)))))

Yes you have my prayers, dear heart. I suffer from panic attacks, too. Haven't had one in a while, but I can feel it building. I so hate to go through them, too, and yes they are physically exhausting to me as well. Now that you got that out of the way for the weekend, your week will be good! I just know it.

Praying for and thinking of you,
Old 11-14-2005, 04:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Oooh, sounds like you have had a rough time. I am glad praying helped. I definitely will say a prayer for you. I hope your week gets better. Regarding the swelling - please go see a doctor! This isn't quite normal, Im sure you know. You should get checked out.

Erika
Old 11-15-2005, 08:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

praying for you.....
Old 11-16-2005, 03:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To Life!

Prayers for your serenity and comfort.

I've had a few panic attacks lately too. And your post triggered something in me. Why do we wait to take the meds, when we know what is going on? I haven't had to take any for about a year now, but, the last week, I've taken it about three times. Lots of stressful things going on.
But, why do we wait??? Makes no sense...

Savanah, ask your doctor about Welbutrin. It doesn't have the weight gain side effect as the SSRIs. But, it can make you a bit hyper until your body adjusts.

Shalom!
Old 11-16-2005, 04:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

First thing to do when having a panic attack is to breathe in and out of a paper bag, like a McDonald's one. Concentrate on your breathing. It does help, but it doesn't cure.