Notices

Weaning Off of Effexor

Old 07-06-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I did! The time was better than i expected yesterday with the lady I was really dreading. I hiked for an hour up and down big hills in the morning, then walked a mile with the lady to a cool, tiny old-town museum from this place in days gone by. I could have spent the whole day in there looking at the old civil war and 1900s utensils, textiles, and tools--but my friend just spent the requisite time scanning then moving on. Maybe I'll go back there today by myself!

I don't know whether this is related to the effexor withdrawal, but I was tempted to two sudden hissy fits yesterday. The first was when I walked down to the shooting range and could not fit the earplugs into my ears--my husband had left our earphones up at the house. i turned away and started to leave because I felt instantly, irrationally furious--but then our gallant friend used his earplugs and offered me his earphones. Crisis one averted.

Then after they left, I got back on here and some wisecrack somebody made really hit me wrong, and i almost snarked back at the guy--but I forced myself with all my will not to. Even so, in an instant I was irrationally nasty over relatively little.

This wasn't like the real, screaming rage last week--and i doubt it has anything to do with Effexor or bupropion. (Seems like a hormonal thing to me, to tell you the truth).

Today I woke up with a splitting headache. In an hour I'll go out for my walk and probably i will feel better with fresh air and endorphins.

I did find out that one of the people I am dreading most is delaying her arrival till 7 pm (I go to bed at 8 or 9), so I'll have all day free with just an hour of suffering tonight!
Old 07-06-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Pretty good urge surfing you're doing there, Gilmer.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I was on the capsules and my doctor had me open them and remove granules. It sounds ridiculous, but it was so sick I couldn't even function without weaning that slowly.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I noticed yesterday that my side effects have lessened. On the 29th I'll taper down to just one 75mg Effexor per day.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

That's great Gilmer. I've been on 300 mg of Bupropion for 2.5 weeks now. Had some insomnia but it's leveled out now. Sleeping as well as I ever have sober.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Bupropion seems great for me, too. I can't wait to be on it exclusively!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Well, I'm officially off Effexor! I am ditching the last 75 mg. pill with my doctor's complete approval. She couldn't believe I didn't experience any withdrawal symptoms going from three to two Effexor, then from two to one (kind of accidentally--I just kept forgetting to take the morning pill).

Now I'll be taking all Bupropion--no Effexor at all.