Notices

They fired me :-(

Old 06-21-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

They fired me :-(

the job that I had wanted since I was 16 (now 19) I finally got a couple of months ago...there was a probationary period and I got through that then about 2-3 weeks later (Friday just gone) my boss fired me...said I wasn't improving...I don't know what to do...

this just keeps happening and I honestly tried my hardest 100% I really did and it wasn't good enough...so I have started drinking and neglecting my meds...I am seeing my therapist again this week and I'm booking another docs appointment cos I just feel so low and out of control...

I still keep seeing these visions in my head whenever I close my eyes and at nighttime the voices still bother me...I'm so scared

Everything is just so messed up

I am now even more convinced of my bipolar because about a month ago I was on such a high (I posted a thread on here before) I spent loads of money and had those amazing ideas and was more energetic...

now it's all gone to pot and I really do just feel so out of control...I can't recognize the person I once was...
Old 06-21-2009, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It doesn't sound like now is a good time to be neglecting your meds. Glad you are seeing your doctor soon. (((HUGS)))
Old 06-21-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
It doesn't sound like now is a good time to be neglecting your meds. Glad you are seeing your doctor soon. (((HUGS)))

thank you...I just can't seem to be bothered with them I just wanna stay in bed and cry

thank you for your support!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The combination of drinking and not taking your meds is not going to help anything.

I'm sorry you are hurting. I've been fired from more than one job, and it is hard.

:ghug :ghug
Old 06-21-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It only takes a few seconds to take your meds. Then, you can crawl back into bed and cry. Sometimes, that's just what we need...a good cry. (((HUGS)))
Old 06-21-2009, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
The combination of drinking and not taking your meds is not going to help anything.

I'm sorry you are hurting. I've been fired from more than one job, and it is hard.

:ghug :ghug
it's a horrible feeling of rejection...and because now the last 3 jobs i've had they all have noticed that i'm not well in the head and I really do try to do well I really do I promise it's just really hard...you can't just walk out the door in the morning and say "i'm leaving u at home today depression/anxiety/fear/hyperness" it just doesn't work like that!

Thank you for your words

It only takes a few seconds to take your meds. Then, you can crawl back into bed and cry. Sometimes, that's just what we need...a good cry. (((HUGS)))
I try, but it is hard...I will try harder...seems like my whole life revolves around trying...I never actually achieve anything...:sorry
Old 06-21-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Come on now...get out of that bed, get something to drink (non-alcoholic, lol), walk to your meds and take them. Less that 3 minutes, tops! You can do this!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Come on now...get out of that bed, get something to drink (non-alcoholic, lol), walk to your meds and take them. Less that 3 minutes, tops! You can do this!

3 minutes where I could be lying in bed self pitying and thinking about what happened to me and how my life has turned so crap...bloody hell I am so not a 'glass is half full' sort of person.

I always take my citalopram ... I have trouble taking my olanzapine but I try...it's just that it gives me funny dreams ...not funny haha either...
Old 06-21-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Oh, you can still pity yourself while you're taking your meds. Only difference is, you'll be erect instead of prone.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I'm not a "glass is half full" person, either.

Small steps...small goals...equals big achievement. You may not be able to control how you feel in regards to what happened, but you can control taking your pills. Taking your pills is something you can do to fight this nasty beast.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh, you can still pity yourself while you're taking your meds. Only difference is, you'll be erect instead of prone.
fair enough I will give in this time...

you've actually managed to cheer me up a bit...that never normally happens u know lol

Thank you so much Suki :ghug:ghug
Old 06-21-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Im very sorry you feel so low. I know when I didn't take my meds it was either because I was using drugs and didn't care or because i was too depressed to get a cup of water and take them, I just wanted to be in bed. I would say "what's the point?" But there is a point, you're on meds for a reason, and not taking them throws you off for longer than you expect. The way they work is that you need a certain amount in your blood stream and that eventually hits your brain and changes all the chemistry. I agree with the other poster, it only takes a few seconds, reaslly push yourself to take them. Please. I want you to feel better.

Do you find that they don't work? Is that part of the reason why you don' take them?
or are you just depressed and don't give a fukk right now? Both reasons are valid. Because it soudns like maybe you're feeling low because you got fired, and aren't caring as much. But i remember another thread from you, and maybe you may neeed some other meds. What meds are you on? If you don't midn telling.

And the drinking must stop, most of these meds juts don't work with even one drink. I know if I take just one drink, my Lithium (mood stabilizer) andwellbutrin XL (antidepressants) bassically don't work. Plus alcohol is a known depressant. so even with meds I can drink on, the affect won't be the same.

Good luck, with your appointments. i hope they can be a ray of hope.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Hey...any time! Glad to be of help. I knew you could do it! (((HUGS)))
Old 06-21-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post

Small steps...small goals...equals big achievement. You may not be able to control how you feel in regards to what happened, but you can control taking your pills. Taking your pills is something you can do to fight this nasty beast.

Thank you Bam! You and Suki have managed to make my day a little more enjoyable !
Thank u both! :ghug:ghug3
Old 06-21-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Double post sorry
Old 06-21-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

about the meds part, that was wrong of me, i don't really know your situation fully or what you're on. But if you feeling this bad, tell your doctor that maybe something is off, maybe something is missing. also tell him/her that you stopped taking them. peace.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

thank you for your post Bam! I wish the nasty beast would just go away...it's been with me since I was 11 I think I deserve a break...or maybe I don't

Originally Posted by Cleansing View Post
Im very sorry you feel so low. I know when I didn't take my meds it was either because I was using drugs and didn't care or because i was too depressed to get a cup of water and take them, I just wanted to be in bed. I would say "what's the point?" But there is a point, you're on meds for a reason, and not taking them throws you off for longer than you expect. The way they work is that you need a certain amount in your blood stream and that eventually hits your brain and changes all the chemistry. I agree with the other poster, it only takes a few seconds, reaslly push yourself to take them. Please. I want you to feel better.

Do you find that they don't work? Is that part of the reason why you don' take them?
or are you just depressed and don't give a fukk right now? Both reasons are valid. Because it soudns like maybe you're feeling low because you got fired, and aren't caring as much. But i remember another thread from you, and maybe you may neeed some other meds. What meds are you on? If you don't midn telling.

And the drinking must stop, most of these meds juts don't work with even one drink. I know if I take just one drink, my Lithium (mood stabilizer) andwellbutrin XL (antidepressants) bassically don't work. Plus alcohol is a known depressant. so even with meds I can drink on, the affect won't be the same.

Good luck, with your appointments. i hope they can be a ray of hope.

thank you for your post...I don't take them because I can't see the point because I don't think they work and I just can't be bothered because I am usually too depressed.

I am on Citalopram 40 mg and Olanzapine (Zyprexa) 10 mgs daily...My doc has also prescribed me beta blockers for anxiety

thank you again for your words :ghug
Old 06-21-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey...any time! Glad to be of help. I knew you could do it! (((HUGS)))
:ghug3
Old 06-21-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by RockyGirl View Post
thank you for your post Bam! I wish the nasty beast would just go away...it's been with me since I was 11 I think I deserve a break...or maybe I don't

Of course you deserve a break!

I'm on some meds right now...and I want to stop taking them for some of the side effects. I won't stop, though...doing so would make my situation even worse. The depression is bad enough to cut through the meds sometimes...yesterday was really bad. I feel alright today, though.

I get tired of dealing with this. Many times I want to throw in the towel and let it take me........but despite this there's a small part of me that wants to get through this crap. There is happiness out there for me and I want it...and need it....and somehow I'm going to find it.

I need to call my doctor to get my meds adjusted again. It's such a pain of trial and error and I don't want to do it at all, but do it I must. Hang in there, RockyGirl.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Of course you deserve a break!

I'm on some meds right now...and I want to stop taking them for some of the side effects. I won't stop, though...doing so would make my situation even worse. The depression is bad enough to cut through the meds sometimes...yesterday was really bad. I feel alright today, though.

I get tired of dealing with this. Many times I want to throw in the towel and let it take me........but despite this there's a small part of me that wants to get through this crap. There is happiness out there for me and I want it...and need it....and somehow I'm going to find it.

I need to call my doctor to get my meds adjusted again. It's such a pain of trial and error and I don't want to do it at all, but do it I must. Hang in there, RockyGirl.

Make u a deal...i'll hang in there if you do eh?