Notices

Rain

Old 08-28-2006, 12:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Morning (((Gainor)))... well you have no idea how Grateful I am for the rain today...!
The rain is a wounderfull thing,
I remember being a child looking through the window chaseing the rain drops to the bottom of the window... wishing i could go out and play ...!

We get lot's of the stuff over here...!

Thanks for your description of the fall...I close my eyes and try to imagine it...the birds n other wild n wonderful creatures, you find in the woods.!

Im a gardener so nature is part of my everyday life, the insects, n flowers n trees are my HP... nature for me is the god of my understanding...! Its far greater than us all... but we are all part of that too...!

Im more of a Buddist really... they DO have some answers, to some BIG questions on the nature of reality...! big stuff...! intresing tho...!

Maybe i could start looking for some pic's of rain n the fall, and post them on here,... as i could wath it thro the net ,...via your eyes...LOL...

Hope your good This mornig Honi...xXx...
Old 08-28-2006, 06:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Wink

Had a lovely rain yesterday and it rained good. Looks like today could be a repeat of yesterday

Love Vic
Old 08-28-2006, 09:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's raining as I write, completely unexpected! The weather-guessers didn't even mention this as a possibility. Welcome surprise.

It's just as lovely coming here today to see word of rain from both of you Vic and Arura. I'm so content being alone, but I find I do enjoy good company...

Gardener...by trade, Arura? Or for the love of it, and the food that the gardens produce. Deep into tomato season here, I predict another 300 pounds this week. So yes, much respect for the insects too. Insects are necessary for a healthy, balanced ecosystem. People forget that and want to kill the spiders and bees and other scaries. But the bugs and I have a deal, they leave me alone, I leave them alone, each going about our business, respecting the other's space. And those that violate and bite me, get squashed. Hey, they broke the deal...

I wonder if I'd been raised Buddhist, if I could have bypassed the long and winding road I've taken to otherwise get to the point I'm at...the "Buddhist Thought of the Day" at the Spirituality forum is a beautiful contribution to this forum, and to my life, every day. Grateful for that, too. There's much to be grateful for. Every day.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

I'm grateful for the much-needed rain here in Ohio! I'm sure my flowers and my lawn are grateful too!

Old 08-28-2006, 10:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

(((Gainor))) ive always said it lets hear it for the insects..! ...as when there gone so are WE. keystone species...!

Every 3rd mouthfull of food is thro a bee... So what do we do when there all dead...?!?

Big love ((Gainor))) i look forward to shareing your fall with you...
I can close my eyes an imagine...!

Thanks honi... stay strong...xXx...!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Another day of rain here too my friend it is so so nice I don't have to work as hard now I guess I still have motives
Old 08-28-2006, 04:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

For the love of bees!
I tried my hand at beekeeping a few years ago, had such a productive garden that year, every flower pollinated, and I only got stung once. Even extracted a few pounds of honey out of the deal. But then a fierce winter came, and mice burrowed into the hive, and that's a deadly combination. If I weren't allergic to bee stings I'd be braver and try again. Bees are our necessary friends. You know, even the pesky bugs have their purpose. And if conditions are set up in accordance with the natural order, everything keeps everything in check. I garden organically as part of my work, food source, medium of barter/ trade, and as a deep interest in my life. When there is balance, everything has its proper space and place, reason for being.

It's been raining here all day, bringing such peace of mind and ease this evening. Gives us a break, yes Vic, so good hearing from you here. (and yes, about motives, I'm working on that you know)

Arura! TexasDawn! It's raining around the world today. That's so beautiful to know. Peace, all.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Morning ((Gainor)) yep by trade im a gardener, I understand what you say about giving incsects there space...! unfrotunatlly i have to get up close n personel with them ...they come with the job.!!!
I try to be respectful towards them.! if one gets hurt by me i will either kill it out right...Squish. if not there fed to other things that want to eat...! im not squimish Gratefully...!

Snails are always getting moved out of the way, i hate it when i stand on one but if that happens ...I throw them to the birds..what goes around comes around.
Its wonderful to be working a few feet from a bird who is protecting me and helping me do the beds...!

I would Love to have, a real Graden of my own...But im Very Grateful for my space ive taken over on the roof...HaHa...

WoW it sounds like you work damn hard in your Garden, tom's to sell..???.thats hard work...! impressed. Id love to live in the countryside again...! and bees thats a skill honi...Thats so cool...

Wishing you a peaceful day ((Gainor))...!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:15 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Lovely to know I might find someone who likes to talk plants and gardening. I confess the gray gets oppressive here in the great PNW, but I'll never leave because I couldn't garden like I can here. It actually rained before dawn today and I am grateful. If only the gray would now go away....you can take the girl outta Big Sky Country, but you can't take away her need for sunshine.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:59 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

At one with the bugs. And the sunshine, and the rain. Dirt, compost, blisters, and all. It's all part of nature, and therefore it's just life! People freaking out over bugs provides good amusement. I squish 'em with my fingers. Yesterday the 9-year old neighbor girl came visiting while I tended gardens and upon spotting a bug asked what it was. I informed her it was a stink bug. "Why is it called a stink bug?" she inquired. Squishing them brings out the stink. She got a good whiff of stink and I imagine that memory is now implanted for life.

No snails or slugs here, it's too cold. But Fred!!! I once visited the PNW and whoaaa, the slugs you have there! Ewww gross. Rows of the beasties clung to a foundation wall under a house porch; I'm not squeamish but, oh my, that was disgusting.

If I had time (like a week) I'd drive to the Pacific NW right now, that's gorgeous country. Just have to endure the persistent gray and rain. But that's what makes that land so rich and beautiful, such as it is.

Yes, another 350 pounds of tomatoes plucked from the vine this week, with potential for another 1000 pounds in the coming weeks, provided frost holds off that long. I might have to start a thread titled "snow" for winter...((Arura))
Old 08-31-2006, 03:50 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yes, I've seen a few banana slugs you could put a saddle on and hit the road....provided you didn't need to go anywhere! (lol)

That's a lot of tomotaoes.......do you can, make sauce....??
Old 08-31-2006, 10:40 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

(((Gainor)) ive got a good one ...We were in greece... and my son was 6....he came up to me and told me he had been eating chocolate ants...?

Yep he had eaten a few ...! He not squimish at all either...!

Yew... that sounds nasty a banana slug,...yuck...! we get big ones in Britain as its really damp...! how big...?

Welcome to ((Gainors)) thread were we appriciate the beauty of the elements...Clean n sober...!

Morning ((Gainor)) love , Lady after my own heart you are...!
Old 09-02-2006, 05:07 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

(((Gainor))) you descibed the early morn so well on the sunshine thread...!

Your So right, the promise of a new day is so wonderful, n like you said it's only a few who are awake then...To apprectiate that stillness, n promise.

It sounds like you work damn hard in that Garden of yours...WTG...sistar...!
Id love a life like that.

I truely am grateful to be intouch with the elements.

You describe them so well hon...Thank you for your beautiful words...
Old 09-02-2006, 02:05 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

In touch with the elements. That's so right on center, Arura. E
Earth, fire, water, wind. Sunshine and rain. Plants and animals. The senses: sight, sound, touch, taste, smell. Music. Harmony. Balance. Trust. Truth. Happiness. Yes, the elementals of life. We strive to be in touch.

This life I've chosen is not the a life of ease. It's a lot of hard work. I'd have it no other way by choice. Input in = results out. Direct return. Makes sense to me. It's available to anyone who wants it, but ya gotta really want it, to live this way. Bugs and the raw elements and hard labor and all. But oh, the beautiful returns. Peace...
Old 09-02-2006, 02:56 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

(((Gainor))) that just sings to my heart,... ! Life can be so rewarding if you let it...!

Its a Labour of Love is working with the Elements, I understand how you feel.

Im Grateful that i can learn from some of your experiance with Life n being intouch with its pulse...!

Thanks...
Old 09-03-2006, 04:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

"It's raining
It's pouring
But I ain't complaining
'cuz I love the rain..."
--The Real Tuesday Weld

I suppose the combination of hurricanes on both coasts created the weather conditions of this weekend here in the epicenter of the North American continent. So unusual, I've never seen anything quite like it. As fronts collide, wind streamed up from the southeast, clouds forming like reverse tornadoes as moisture was drawn upwards and condensed into rain overhead, then falling back to earth in the heaviest, largest raindrops I've EVER witnessed. Here the weather always moves west to east, moved by fronts from the north or south. But this system from the southeast, everything seemed to move in reverse. Seriously messing with my preconceptions of how things "work". Well, you know I love a challenge...and you know I love the rain...
Old 09-04-2006, 03:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Morning ((Gaior)) darlin...x...! I hope you had a peaceful nights sleep and a have wonderful day working with the elements. As it sounds SO nice to read about your life with the earth, if you know what i mean ...?

Im a counry gal at heart i grew up in the country but ranaway to the bright lights at 15...from foster care...! so yer i miss it. And reading your posts, Fills me with appriciation and Grateitued for so many things

Im Grateful that you share that with us...!

What we gone do when the snow comes...????

Good to talk to you ((Gainor)),
Old 09-04-2006, 09:53 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Over 4" rain has fallen in the past three days. All of nature seems at ease today, myself included. And now, the beans need picking, tomatoes gathering, zucchini bread baking, and I bet the creek that's been dry all summer is again flowing. Calling the dogs and going to find out. It's 1/3 mile back to the creek across woodland where no human except I traverse. If you're ever in America Arura, come visit, we'll go for a walk to the creek. Gorgeous country. On that note...peaceful day to all!
Old 09-05-2006, 12:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Morning ((Gainor))... oh the minuet Ive got the cash you n SR will be the first to know...! LOL ...Thanks ((Gainor)) Id love to walk down by the creek with you...! I close my eyes and try to imagine what it must look like...!

I would be so grateful to reach that place in my life too. Its
my dream...just like so many others really...! to have my own small holding.

As i grew up on one and have friends with land...! It is the way to do it...!

Escape the rat race, and find some peace, of heart n mind.

Enjoy your day ((Gainor))...xXx..
Old 09-08-2006, 04:25 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Grateful that we got rain last night. I just love the smell of rain! I remember when I didn't care if it rained, or let alone enjoy the smell of it, or even been clear headed to recoginze the smell. So I am grateful that I had the enjoyment last night.