Notices

Rain

Old 07-14-2006, 03:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rain

After enduring a 45-day drought, that's lasted really for 3 months with precious little rain since May, last night it RAINED. Nearly an inch. Saved the crops. Spared me. All the living rejoice today. Thank God for the RAIN.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Now one week later, it's harvest day Wednesday again, full day in the gardens. After enduring the hottest week since 1995, parching the crops and drying out the land, today it's raining again. Pouring. Thunderstorming. I could not be more grateful.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Now two weeks since it last rained at all, after weeks of record high temperatures and now "severe drought" conditions across the land, crops withering in the fields, stressing everything to the extreme, finally last night the rains did fall again. Bringing relief beyond words to describe.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

This morning I am grateful for the rain that we had last night, really needed here also. Yes it was really a blessing to recieve.

Love Vic
Old 08-10-2006, 11:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Morning Gainor..?, yep im grateful for the rain too.!

As the ground is now solid. Even here, where it dont stop raining...!

Hope your well, I thought id Just pop in n say Hello to ya... ...X

...X
Old 08-13-2006, 04:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Following yet another 12-day rainless spell, this morning at daybreak I wake to the beautiful sound of rain. Complete with thunder and lightning even! A real thunderstorm. Area farmers are cutting fields early this year having lost entire crops to drought. Here we've received just enough to get by. Difficult. This rain, once again, spares us, the growing season continues...

Lucky, Arura, so good to see the rain appreciated elsewhere, other side of the planet in fact! So London is getting all the rain this summer? Though I understand it rains there often. --Arura, I'm still keeping watchful eye for a Dorstenia foetida...
Old 08-13-2006, 05:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

This Morning I am grateful for the rain that we recieved again. It is such a blessing to have, so many things that life brings to us is wonderful.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Afternoon now her ((Gainor)), hope your well,...?

As weather nut as im British, Rain Rain Glorious Rain...!

You guessed it its belting it down again off n on asual, what do you wear its warm but raining on and off, oh but htere a cold wind...!

No Joke Autum just arrived .

Take care honi, glad to see your into the plants. They help me...!?!

Old 08-14-2006, 05:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

There's a calm across the land today, for the break provided in yesterday's desperately needed rain. It doesn't get any nicer than a sunny day after a soaker rain. Helps the plants grow. Oh, yes, i-n-t-o the plants in a big way. My life is a consecutive sequence of plants, in my work, in my interests, in my leisure, surrounding and filling my home, all very alive! It's a good life. I know you can relate...

--a light windbreaker jacket? I appreciate those who appreciate the rain...
Old 08-15-2006, 12:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thats really wonderful ((Gainor)) , Nature is part of us the more we connect to it the better. Its great to find others with a connetion to the earth...!

Have a Great day Honi...X......
Old 08-23-2006, 05:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Last night I couldn't sleep, lying awake with eager anticipation for the hopeful approaching rain. Finally at 3:10AM the storm broke, thunder and lightning and pouring rain. First in 9 days. Then I couldn't sleep because it was raining, and that was too delightful to sleep through. I love the rain.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Addict

There is something magical about rain. The soothing stream of soft droplets coming to feed our Earth. It's a sound so intricate that creates a warm feeling so subtle inside of us. It would take the most delicate prose to be able to exemplify this miracle of nature. I must say, I love it dearly.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

We had rain all last night and today here!! Truly fine sound! Truly fine sound!

Wouldn't be dead for quids, look what we would miss out on ... thanks gainor, there is something purely magical about the sound of rain.

peace and love
Old 08-24-2006, 09:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Magical...and life giving. And yes, oh what a lovely sound. There are no words to describe, and that's quite fine. Simply appreciate it all for what it is.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hello (((Gainor))), I love the sound of rain on top of the truck or trailer, its so soothing. Just sitting by the burner warm, n dry listening to the ryhmic sound of the rain...! arhhh...

Its a beautiful thing, i also love the smell of cut grass just after its rained...Fresh...! clean smell, refreshes the air aswell...!

Take Care sweetie ...
Old 08-25-2006, 03:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Rain two days in a row! And not just rain, but powerful storms! Jet stream shifting, weather patterns changing as summer fades to fall. The sound, and smell, of a rainstorm over rich woodlands and mature gardens is life incarnate.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:20 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Hoping to get some rain today! As I wake up and it is overcast almost like yesterday, no rain yesterday and yet they are calling for some today. Doesn't look like it to me but they say around here if you don't like the weather, hang around it will change. Well just keep hoping

Love Vic
Old 08-27-2006, 12:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Morning ((Gainor))... Its been another night of rain here also...!

The ground needs it, it was turning England from Green to brown/burnt...!

Even the laeves off the trees came off as it was too HOT, for here...!

It now feels like Autum...my favorite season actually...!

Ive ALWAYS wanted to see 'The Fall' some were in the Big Woods it must be stunning...!

Have a good Sunday (((Gainor)))...
Old 08-27-2006, 04:38 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Vic, Hi Arura!! Beautiful waking on this foggy late summer morning greeted by your friendly words, and the sound of one lone Chickadee singing heard through this open window that remains open from early spring thaw until the snow flies... should still have another solid month of warmth before things change that way.

Originally Posted by Arura
Even the leaves off the trees came off as it was too HOT
The leaves fell off the trees for the extreme heat? That's stress! Fall color change across this land is coming early for the stresses of the dry hot summer. Oh it IS spectacular to see vast streches of maple and oak rolling woodland turn to firey red, blazing yellow, and every shade of orange imaginable, before fading to bronze and gold and silvery brown. More color than the mind can absorb, really.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Didn't get the rain yesterday, and today looks overcast again, grateful that it is cooler at least. Still hoping for the rain.