Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 130

Old 03-29-2024, 03:09 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

][/url]
Old 03-29-2024, 03:37 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Fearless, wow on the dog! For some reason I thought you were meeting him this weekend. How cool that it is happening now!
Zen, always glad to see you. And to hear you are still sober, joyous, and free.
CBS, that is a really nice friend you have. Hoping today is beautiful for you all!
Aly, I think I forgot to say way to go on beating the AV. Or did I? Either way, great job!
Turs, I know what you mean about forgetting what has been said by the time I start my post.
Along those lines, hi to all of you I didn’t respond to individually!

Grateful
- for book club last night and that I wasn’t one of the people drinking wine. We do it virtually so I’m sure in the olden days I would have already had some to drink, then drunk more while trying to seem like I wasn’t drinking much or sounding like I was drinking, during the call. So much preoccupation and mental energy.
- that I took 3 walks yesterday. None of them particularly long but it was a nice way to enjoy the beautiful weather. And on one walk I tried a new coffee trailer nearby. It was a bit disappointing (they use an automated machine to just press a button for their drinks and I don’t think it was as good as someone actually making it), but I love the location and that I now have 2 different coffee places within easy walking distance.
- that my daughter felt comfortable enough to come in here crying for a hug when her friend said some mean things to her. She is really struggling with friends right now and I so wish I could fix it.
- for everyone here.
Old 03-29-2024, 04:04 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hi friends, quick grat -

I am grateful for recycling….my current job does not recycle anything and it drives me bonkers!

Grateful that BratCat is comfortable enough to curl up with me, being the scaredy cat that he is

Grateful to have another day to maybe get up and exercise …..it’s been forever!
Old 03-29-2024, 10:01 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Tursiops - Great pic of the blobs Clever idea to try & prepare for your trip - hope it works.
Alpine - 21,000 - well, isn't that special? I did a whopping 5,000 yesterday - but I'm rusty - will catch up to you maybe one day. (Seriously, thanks for inspiring me.)
NL - It's a wonder we ever make it through those years - thankfully, your daughter has someone wise & kind to talk to.
Grateful it's decent outside, but windy. A cold Easter - in the 40's.
Grateful I washed all the sheets that were lurking in bottom of hamper - and they didn't turn into a giant, wet burrito in the dryer.
Grateful I heard a bird hit the back door & was able to put him back on his feet until he got over being knocked out. He flew away after about 15 mins.
Grateful for the memory of past Easter seasons. Bittersweet, but lovely.
Grateful for each of you.

Old 03-29-2024, 07:49 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Love you all

i caught up on posts, but oh, so tired.

my concealed carry class was cancelled tomorrow.

will stop in then

sweet dreams
Old 03-30-2024, 02:56 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

NL, what was the book? I am always looking for new suggestions
Purps, has the countdown begun for you when you leave your current job?
Hev, happy to hear the bird was okay
Free, Turs, Fear, CB,Zen, Aly Good morning.
Grateful our furnace is fixed
Grateful I picked up Mr. A from the airport last evening
Grateful for my workouts yesterday, I had to stay in from 12-4 waiting for the furnace people so it put a bit of a damper on the workouts. Me being me, after dinner I saw I "only" had 12,000 steps in so went out and made it to 17,000. Far better than last May that is for sure.
Old 03-30-2024, 02:58 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 03-30-2024, 04:06 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Alpine, book was The Women by Kristin Hannah. I don’t know that I loved it as much as other people but it really did use storytelling to give historical events (Vietnam and return of veterans—those that experienced combat directly and those that experienced it more indirectly but still very much experienced it like the combat nurses at the center of the book’s plot). Apparently she is a well known author and has other books the avid readers in the group liked and knew about already. Four Winds and the Great Alone in particular. I would read more of her stuff maybe but I’m so slow getting through any book that I probably won’t. We’re now reading Remarkably Bright Creatures.

Grateful
- I have had stability in my job for the past several years. My boss just told me she is leaving — it is very unnerving but I’m hoping somehow it will lead me to where I need to be. Which could be staying put but also may be transitioning to a different subject area if I’m not too old. Not just because she’s leaving but because after close to 20 years, I’m kind of burned out on it.
- my son did a ton of work in the yard yesterday and will hopefully finish up today
- that he somewhat unexpectedly said that what he wants to do for Easter is decorate eggs
- I should be able to see bf later today. These times when we both have our kids and don’t see each other much are tough.
- for free book samples through Kindle. Such a nice way to test the waters
- for my daughter at least trying to watch Better Off Dead with me. She said it was boring and weird after we got about halfway through.
- for being able to snuggle with her a little while we watched stuff and being inspired by bf to just slow down and spend time like that instead of always trying to get stuff done around the house.
- for all of you.
Old 03-30-2024, 04:30 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for rain this morning and not snow.

Grateful to remember my fellow recovery warrior Tierni (that's us in my avi). Wish she was still here to talk to.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-30-2024, 05:10 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

NL I think we may be around the same age - I barely remember Better Off Dead, so I might have to agree with your daughter. I don’t think I was interested enough to watch the whole thing

Yeah Alpine - less than 2 weeks to go

So sweet of you to help the little bird, Hev

I am grateful to get to know some cool people at work for the short time I’ve been there. Nice break from the backstabbing workplace drama that I’m used to…..grateful that we can hopefully keep in touch.

Grateful for some nice weather today - now for those weeds that need pulled….

Grateful for SR and all of our recovery peeps!
Old 03-30-2024, 05:42 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

I am a tad older than you Purps and Mr A and I loved Better of Dead.
Old 03-30-2024, 05:50 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Purps, I’m grateful that you are courageous and self loving enough to leave the manager who is very manipulative at your job. As they say, we don’t leave our jobs, we leave our managers.

NL, along the same lines, turning the corner is brave if you sense that little voice saying it’s time for you to leave too. Your boss leaving May open up a world of doors, and we can learn new things…..it’s awkward at first being new at something, but it is SO good for our brain. I wrote down the books and series you listed. Thank you! Glad your daughter tried the series’s with you, and embrace the egg coloring with your son. It might very well be the LAST time you do it. I loved those times with my kids.

FBL, I’m remembering the loss of your recovery friend this time last year, or was that already two years? Prayers to you and her family, and to all those she touched the souls and lives of.

Hev, that’s so cool about the bird! Unfortunately I haven’t had that kind of bird whisperer luck, or the hits have been too hard.

listae, I agree with others, that was a great list.

Turs, thinking of you on your trip next month. Have so much fun! For my 60th we snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, the weather and sea were perfect!

CBS, it feel so good to get that yard work done….i can’t wait to see your spring pics of it.

Zen, good to see you pop in.

Alpine, you go! So motivating and inspiring you are, in many ways😉🥰♥️. Glad hubby is home, and that your furnace is fixed.

Aly, glad your headache was better. And on moving, it was the best thing I ever did. The worst was fretting about the unknown, but afterward? Such a relief and so lovely. Try to make those head tapes positive as you go forward in your life into unchartered
territory.

Fear, WOW, can’t wait to see the big boy. If you feel comfortable, send a pic. I bet SB will get so much joy too. Name for the dog?

Anyone I missed, I’m sorry and it’s not purposeful.

love you all

Old 03-30-2024, 06:04 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Grateful

my GI functions are back to normal. It’s amazing what we take for granted, but I was so uncomfortable two months ago, and I was tearful about even that, it was so painful and strange.

for completing my first full time week back to work, and the 8 hours I spent commuting. Some of the commutes were hairy, but it beats driving in Chicagoland. For expressing my fatigue, boundaries, and frustrations about work and hubby —to hubby. So much better than harboring resentments.

for my concealed carry class cancelling, I didn’t feel like driving far today.

my stitchers was cancelled last Monday, hosting tomorrow.

the warm welcome back to work I received this week by most of my coworkers. I got to see the Dr. that ordered the CT of pelvis that potentially saved my life, and believed my unseen and unfelt symptoms. He said it was amazing I knew exactly what was going on, and pushed through the red tape. I hugged him, so grateful.

for all the bighorn sheep and mule deer I’ve seen on my commutes this week, and that although super close to the roads, didn’t spook and jump out at me on the road.

for a new (to me) artist, Avi Kaplan, and his album, “I’ll Get By”. Wonderful, check it out. I’ve played it so much, the songs are in my head

coffee

all of you
Old 03-30-2024, 07:48 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Grateful for:

- a new hot pink cycling jacket to wear today
-sober tools for this weekend (including a new book to read, not just exercising and chores)
-leftovers
-the fact that my back is slightly better
-Pepsi zero
-a petite camel walking coat that not only was on sale but that fits!
Old 03-30-2024, 07:56 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Free, glad you are feeling back to normal
Numblady, so nice your son did yard work and that you are always there to support your kiddos
Zen, good to see you. Love what you said about doing what you can
CBS, good to see you too
Aly, yes, SB is really happy about the dog. He is pretty preoccupied with teen matters though. Lol. Since mr f is retired he walks a lot so dog is very happy
Turps, I’m glad you can comfortably sleep in your old bed and room now
Alpine, good you got the workout in and picked your husband up too
Hi Free, purps and all
Grateful I got a good night sleep even though part of the night I started thinking holy crap, the dog could kill the cats! Omg! That is an actual possibility! Mr F has out a cat gate outside our bedroom just up the stairs. Dog can’t jump it or go through. They were curious about each other through the gate but Charlie hissed. Daisy was adventurous and snuck downstairs. Dog was quiet but started to lunge. Mr f held on to his collar. We are told this intro and acclimation could take months. We are supposed to give dog treats when he sees the cats so he has a positive association. He is a sweet boy with a gentle temperament so hopefully all will be well
Grateful pet insurance is more reasonable than when I last checked so will probably do it
Grateful for friend coming over for din with his son. He’s a dog person
Grateful the rain has stopped for now. Hoping to go for a run
Grateful to remember my mom and spreading her ashes in the bay on Easter Sunday
Grateful for all of you!
Old 03-30-2024, 07:58 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Old 03-30-2024, 09:46 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - That's the same sort of thing I do in the middle of the night. Then I can't shut my thoughts off.
Free - So thankful you got the help you needed, thanks to you & your wise doctor. We couldn't do without you
FBL - I'm sad you lost such a dear friend.
Alpine - I'm on Day 4 of doing steps again - I'm embarrassed to say how few - but I will build up to a decent number. Glad you reminded me.
Grateful for bright sunshine.
Grateful I still believe, in spite of all the disheartening craziness in the world.
Grateful I remembered I'm an adult & started doing my taxes.
Grateful for all of you. Hope it's a lovely day in your part of the world.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:41 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your new family member, Fearless! Sounds like all is going well. How exciting.
Well, at least I'm up a little earlier than I was yesterday. Grateful for that, although I must admit sleeping feels good sometimes. And naps feel so indulgent.
Free and NL, thank you for your mentions. I really appreciate it. I hope all is well with you two. . Free, I hope you're feeling better. We do love you!
It's a little overcast today, but they say it is going to get nicer. I hope.
I have to do laundry pretty soon. It looked like the guys had the washers out yesterday. Probably another one broke. Although the weekend isn't the best time to do laundry, if you can help it. My sister is going pretty soon. I'm afraid I will miss her. I hope she has a great time. She's visiting her best friend from high school and they've kept in touch all these years. She loves Chicago. I'd love it too if the weather wasn't so horrible. It's a really cool city. The Art Institute is my favorite. They have so many museums and cultural events. It is very dangerous in some parts though, so you have to be careful where you go!
Grateful for all of you and the wonderful posts.
Have a wonderful day to all our wonderful people here.
Old 03-30-2024, 11:07 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

The pictures weren't up when I first got on. Fearless, your pup is beautiful. He sounds like he's already making himself at home! So happy for you. He really does look like a Husky/German Shepard mix! So cute. They are so good for protection, especially the Shephard part of him. They love their families so much.
Alpine, love that meme! Peep show. I laughed my head off.
Take good care all.
Old 03-31-2024, 04:16 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

FBL, thinking of you as you remember your friend.
Puprs, fwiw I was born in 74. I too don’t remember Better Off Dead all that much—I think mainly because I liked it but it wasn’t my favorite and I may have only seen part of it…on TV …. In between commercials. Bf is a bit younger than I am and he loved it. So who knows.
Alpine, love that you and Mr. A love that movie!
Free, that is incredible—I didn’t realize you had no symptoms but just knew something was off. Must have been an emotional moment with the doc.
Peke, hot pink cycling jacket sounds awesome! I have some hot pink cycling items myself. But nothing so cool as your jacket sounds!
Fearless, he is beautiful. I am glad you are giving them all space to acclimate. I know they will get there—or at least establish their relative peace. But I totally get worrying in the meantime. And coming up with scenarios. Especially late at night!
Hev, I’m glad you keep a positive light even in the darkness that can surround the world.
Aly, sure hope the laundry gods smiled on you. Also, it’s very sweet you may miss your sister. I’m glad you all are getting along. You deserve that kind of connection.