Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 130

Old 03-27-2024, 09:17 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Grateful this headache I have isn't from imbibing and I have no desire to drink after a struggle with my av last night. Thankfully I won. I am thankful for all of my sober tools and thankful for my sobriety, for all of our sobriety! .
So good to hear about you all and what is going on. Turs, you had a lovely post. So glad your family is close and you're keeping busy with cool activities.
Free, hope you're doing quite well! So did you live in England for 30 years? Funny, my mom used to be a big coffee drinker, now she likes tea. I'm glad you're here now and love where you live! It's beautiful, lots of snow, good for skiers! An old boyfriend of mine, a lawyer, loves to ski. He married someone else and moved to Sun Valley. I guess he's doing well, although I heard they didn't get much snow earlier. I don't like to participate in winter sports, so it probably wouldn't have worked anyway. I always had my time taken by work and horses. I have tiny ankles that break and knees that I've had operated on twice, so winter sports just don't suit me. I'm not strong enough, I don't think. I always wished I could.
Fearless, let us know how SB's first meet went. I have a feeling he may want you all there next time. Maybe. There is a lot of activity at those meets! He'd probably like the support. I hope you get to see him swim and he likes it.
Grateful my teeth are starting to look whiter. I was reading something that white teeth and white eyes can make one look 10-30 years younger. I wonder if that's true. I don't care that much, but I do like white teeth.
Grateful to see Peke here too.
Looks kind of partially sunny out. It always starts out in the 50s in the morning and ends up being near or in the 70s. So it should be a fairly nice day.
Grateful for your lovely posts. I would try to name you all, but I feel like if I forget someone I feel badly. You all always make me feel better in the morning.
Have a wonderful day. Wishing you all love and peace.
Old 03-27-2024, 09:22 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Alpine:
I hope that your furnace repair goes well. I loved the gps meme. 😂 Glad you got a HIIT workout in.
Free did you get a lot of snow?

Grateful for:
-good toilet paper
-cycling ride last night
-the ability to take a nap today
-my husband getting home from work safely
-petite clothes (no more hemming!)
-the ability to walk
Old 03-27-2024, 10:48 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi listae - what a nice list of good stuff
Purps - I went to Cali years ago but only did the tourist stuff. Would love to return & drive up the coast.
Tursiops - I love the reminder that we don't have to do life the way we were taught (even if it was well meant). Many things need to be unlearned.
Alp - I want to find my tree! (Must be huge by now )
Free - I feel guilty to have abandoned tea though. (Mother & all her family from Sheffield ).
Fearless - Very exciting about the possibility of a new family member.
Grateful for all your posts - they make me smile, think, & contemplate.
Grateful for the sun again.
Grateful I've slept well nearly all week. What's up with that?
Grateful to be sane & sober.
Old 03-27-2024, 10:49 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Peke - I'm a petite too - but jeans are still too darn long!
Old 03-27-2024, 07:18 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Aly, I started drinking coffee at 30 y o. Mom was a Brit, we only drank tea. I was born in US🤓
Old 03-28-2024, 02:45 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Fearless that’s so cool that you’re happy at your home + job….and the possibility of a new pup from the shelter!?

Glad you overcame the AV’s manipulative bs, Aly I hope your headache goes far, far away!

Hev we had a sunny day yesterday too, and I think again today.

I am grateful to have another job lined up - hopefully it won’t be as annoying….. at least the micromanaging boss has backed off since I gave my notice.

Grateful for BratCat cozy by my feet….he thinks I keep hogging “his” blanket

Grateful for quiet, hangover-free mornings with coffee & SR
Old 03-28-2024, 03:27 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

NL, I love having leftovers which happens often enough since there are only 2 of us.
Fear, that sounds fun about possible bringing home a new to you pup
Aly, I hope the headache is gone. I also have skinny ankles and people ask me how those things hold me up..LOL. Coworkers commented I have awesome ankles for strappy sandals. I am not that kind of shoe/sandal wearing..I prefer the athletic type. Way to go on pushing that av away
Hev, I hope the good sleep continues
Free, Turs, Purps, Peke, CB, Zen, Hi
Grateful in 2 days Mr A will be back
Grateful that hopefully in the next day or 2 we will have our furnace fixed
Grateful I got a bunch of other chores done
Grateful for my walks and workouts I did yesterday
Old 03-28-2024, 03:29 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 03-28-2024, 03:40 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Grateful
- to finish my book club book in the nick of time before tonight
- for all the moms at the dance studio who do so much volunteering
- I am trying to honor the fact that it’s not my job to fix my neighbor’s situation. His niece called and texted last night late because they are worried about him. I am proud I didn’t immediately volunteer to go try and figure out what is going on, which makes me super uncomfortable — leaving my kids and going over there to probably a locked door and nothing I can do in the middle of the night. They need to get a welfare check. I can’t fix the situation as a little single mom anyway. I do hope he is okay and so are his pets.
- to deal with an over billing situation from a medical provider—which should give me more money to pay some of the other outstanding medical bills I have.
- for all of you beautiful souls.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:41 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Alpine that meme is perfect. Also yeah you seem really good at using up leftovers. Wasn’t it you with the French Bread pizza To me, feels so great…like working a puzzle piece into place.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:05 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

NL, yes it was me with the pizza.
Old 03-28-2024, 05:55 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Grat n run today. Meetings starting at 7 for east coast client then mr f and I are getting the house ready and going to pick up our new family member! He’s a beautiful Husky/Sheppard mix!
Grateful!
Old 03-28-2024, 07:05 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hiya

Still sober, still happy, joyous and free

Grateful -

- SR
- a fresh day to start anew
- coffee

Do what you can when you can and that will be enough.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:51 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hello Grat Pack. I have been absent for a bit. Need to get back in the swing so to speak. Just been busy with work, tennis and getting ready to go on our spring break trip. Now we are here and it's raining. A perfect day to get caught up.
Aly glad you fought off the AV. I am thinking about teeth whitening too at my dentist glad you are liking the results..
Alpine I am so sorry about your furnace. Glad you have a wood stove.
Peke yay for naps!
Hev so glad you are getting good sleep. I can never seem to figure out why I sleep well and why I don't.
Purps glad you found a new job so you get get away from the "micro manager manager".
NL I hope you neighbor is ok. And I think the family needs to manage the situation you are not responsible.
Fearless how exciting a husky/shepherd mix! Pictures please!
Free glad the snow plow made it to your street.
Turs I am glad you are healing and growing and going on another trip.
Listae nice list! Especially standing up for yourself.
Zen hi good to see you check in.
Hello to anyone I missed

Grateful for being at the coast again even if it is a rainy stormy day. Tomorrow the sun will shine.
Grateful for my friend who generously shares her beach condo. It is directly on the sound and a short walk to the ocean.
Grateful we saw dolphins yesterday fishing up close to the shore.
Grateful as always for my latte.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for my friends in the computer.

My current view. Grateful to be safe, dry and warm.

Old 03-28-2024, 09:31 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Grateful to be feeling much better today. No av and the headache is going away. The weather is really lovely outside too. Sunny and warmer. I think this afternoon it will be warm.
Turs, thanks for the support! I really do like my LED teeth whitening trays and they are almost, if not as good, as the dentist's whitening and it's sooo expensive at the dentist. I'm sure they do a great job though. Good luck. I love having whiter teeth. All the stuff we eat and drink, esp as we get older, our teeth stain. Good luck!
Free, that is interesting that you didn't drink coffee until 30! It's rather addictive, once you find one you love. I love tea, but the weird thing is, it doesn't agree with me. My mom is a big tea drinker. You seem like you've had an interesting life. I guess we all have in our own way. Although mine seems to get less interesting as I get older.
Fearless, congratulations on the dog. Mr. F must like dogs. Huskies need a lot of exercise so maybe he can go running with you sometimes. How awesome to be getting a new pet. Is SB excited? I bet he is beautiful. Best of luck with the new family member! I hope the Cogs like him. Hopefully everyone will adjust to each other. How fun. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait until I can get another one someday too. You'll have to tell us all about it. I'm so excited for you! I'm especially excited that you adopted him from the pound. Good deed!
CBS, hoping that beautiful dog, Sarge, is doing well too. All the dogs and cats get virtual hugs from me today. Hope you are well.💗
Grateful to hear from my friend, Alpine, this morning. Give Riley pup his pet and kiss from me! Good luck with your errands.
Have a beautiful day all. Love and peace to you all.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:12 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Alpine, my sister asked me if my ankles hurt because they are so small. I'm a bit overweight, although I've lost about 20 pounds or so. I was a bit insulted. She used to be really thin but after 4 kids, she's gained weight, so I thought that was a little nasty. I need to lose some more weight and I'm trying, but she can be kind of rude sometimes. I don't think she means to be but it comes out that way sometimes! I'm just shinning it on. I think she has a bit of a jealous streak sometimes. Grateful I'm losing weight and my pants are getting big on me. I have to look for some smaller ones.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:28 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - Have fun with the new kid - he's a lucky boy.
Alpine - Glad MrA is home in 2 days. And - another cool meme - I hate when that happens (depending on who the recipient is )
Aly - I'm glad you're feeling better. Long may it continue.
CBS - Any time I'm near the water I feel more at peace. Have a lovely time - great picture.
Grateful a group of Robins stopped by for a visit. They sure are hungry.
Grateful I'm counting steps again - wonder how long it'll last this time. I was inspired by Alpine - thanks, pal.
Grateful for another day free of alcohol.
Grateful for you all, as usual.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:37 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

So grateful for this group. I love y'all. I forget to post, especially when I'm traveling, but I always think of this group and the beautiful, loving, positive energy we share.
My excuse for posting late is I'm trying to re-set my body clock in preparation for my trip. My destination is 15 hours ahead (or 9 hours behind, depending on how you look at it). So I'm staying up really late into the early morning hours watching movies and then trying to sleep in. It's quite fun actually.
Hev, so happy you saw Robins. They're delightful birds.
Fearless, how exciting to be considering adopting a new furry family member!
Aly, glad you're feeling better today.
CBS, how lovely to be at the beach and have a dolphin sighting.
Zen, so happy that you are happy joyous and free!
Purps, congrats on lining up a new job, and I hope it is more enjoyable.
Peke, good on ya for the biking and walking!
NL, I'm proud too that you maintained boundaries with the neighbor's situation. You have plenty on your plate, caring for your own household. I've been working on setting limits lately, and it's hard to do, but very freeing.
Alpine, hope they fix that furnace very soon!!
Love to those I may have missed. I read all the posts but by the time I'm drafting my post, I can't remember everything that's been posted!

Grateful I asked for an extra therapy session, because I'm going to miss the next month due to traveling and scheduling issues.
Grateful I traded out my new bed for a different new bed (during the exchange window) that will hopefully be better for my decades-long sciatica issues. I'm having to air out this new mattress for a few days before I sleep on it, as it seems to have a toxic off-gassing thing going on. Grateful I was able to bring myself to sleep in my old bedroom, downstairs in the basement, while the new bed airs out on the main floor. I have not spent a single night down there since Mr. T died ... I'm glad I could finally return to that room and sleep comfortably. It's taken almost 3 years.
Grateful for my trip down the coast to see my brothers. I had the opportunity to standup paddle in the harbor with sea otters, which was amazing. I also stopped on the coast to look at the elephant seals, will post a pic.

Old 03-28-2024, 12:38 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

these blobs are elephant seals enjoying the california sunshine.

elephant seals.jpg
Old 03-29-2024, 03:08 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Grateful for the workouts and walking I did yesterday. I got in 2 walks, then went on a short 2 mile hike at on a trail near my home, did a HIIT workout. Ended up getting over 21,000 steps in
Grateful Mr. A comes home tonight
Grateful for the pictures people share, I love to see different areas, foods , crafts, etc