Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 130

Old 02-19-2024, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lightbulb Morning Gratitude Part 130

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-129-a-20.html (Morning Gratitude Part 129)
Old 02-19-2024, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!😊
Old 02-19-2024, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi all. Checking in late today. Up at 4, made it to Tahoe in a short 3 hours with no problem! Just had to put chains on. Full day of skiing and a lesson. Grateful for a great instructor which we all learned from and a great day!
Grateful for WiFi and for data when WiFi is down
Grateful for a beautiful gondola ride to the lodge
Old 02-20-2024, 03:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

SereneEdition, welcome! So glad you are here—especially if you felt grumpy.
Dee, you are the best ever!
Purps, hearing the Pauly Shore reference tells me we are of a similar age/generation. I never got into his show but am definitely of the MTV generation. Love that you went down that rabbit hole, even if not “productive”.
Alpine, yeah poor little pup is right.
CBS, glad one of your daughters came to clean. Sorry it was not both of them if that was the plan.
Free, that stinks about the alarm! Hope you are okay. And congrats on another grandchild! When? Which child? Hooray!!
Turs, share some pics of the painting streak if you feel so moved.
Aly, hope the evil procrastination goblins (not really a thing I realize but I like to think of them as an evil corollary to the parking fairies ) got out of your way yesterday. And that there was an extra washer!
Hev, that is so exciting! Can’t wait to see her. Good luck with all the adjustments. I agree with you it was kind hearted of those people to realize it was not great for the dog. I worry because I know I don’t have a life where I can give my dog the level of mental stimulation that would make her happier. But I also think her chances of having it a lot better than here with shelters and everything so full are pretty low. So here we stay and I just try to hide treats and stuff and do the best I can.
FBL, always glad to see you — whenever it happens.
Fearless, glad you all made it!
Old 02-20-2024, 03:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Grateful
- for Dee and anyone else who keeps this wonderful place alive
-that kids went to their dad’s yesterday and I was then able to spend time throughout the day just putting the house back in order. Between me being sick, then the dog being sick, then the kids just being kids and the pets just being pets…there was quite a bit to clean, especially on the floors.
- that I made an impromptu stop at the thrift store for the 50% of everything Presidents’ Day sale and had a lot of successful finds. The most expensive thing I bought was the one thing that definitively did not fit—a pair of Levis that I paid $7 for.
- that the knob being broken off my dryer (snapped off on the inside; not just the knob) really makes me appreciate my appliances all the more
-that bf is willing to try and fix said dryer for me
- that last night in the cleaning bonanza I had the full floor cleaning armada working — upright vacuum, robot vacuum, and steam cleaner.
- for all of you.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Grateful that I think I am feeling better..Yesterday I was feeling achy and just so dang tired and worn out
Grateful I made a strawberry door hanging..but I think it is too big so I may make a smaller one.
Grateful the sun came out
Grateful for my comfy bed..especially last night
Grateful for all of you
Old 02-20-2024, 04:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Same here NL and friends….I am also grateful for Dee + those who keep SR running smoothly

Grateful for my intuitive abilities to spot toxic and manipulative people, the boundaries I can set to keep them at a distance, and divine protection from further damage

Grateful for my recovery….it is so true when they say alcohol impairs your judgement!
Old 02-20-2024, 05:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Purps, glad you have practiced and implement good boundaries for self care and love. Question….are you a magnet for yucky people lately? You’ve had more than your fair share.
Hev, can’t WAIT to see the dog. I’m a big dog person…..
Alpine, we are siestas of another mother. I too, was so down yesterday, and feel better today. I’ll take the large door hanging 🍓
NL, glad you got the place straightened up, it’ll be great to come home to.
Fear, glad you got to Tahoe okay. The right instructor makes all the difference!
CBS, we are there with you…..Dee, thanks for your omnipresent support! And Anna, and all the community greeters on all the threads….
Turs, have a great day 🌊
Old 02-20-2024, 05:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Grateful

I really did make myself do not much yesterday (I’d only had 2 hours sleep the night before, so it wasn’t that hard to be a slug.
i googled Norwegian Forest cats for three hours, then came to my senses. We can’t have a pet right now.
The grand baby is coming from the newlyweds that are visiting
coffee
feeling Sooooooo muuuccchhh better. So far. I’ve been awake for 15” 😁
for podcasts on neuroscience, and a magazine that is motivating me. Good reminders of synapses and neuroplasticity.
that Aly feels better, and maybe has motivation to make that living arrangement change in the next few months

all of you
Old 02-20-2024, 05:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you were able to get some rest Free To answer your question, yes I was more of a magnet before I learned I’m an empath, so we attract the toxic personalities….if we don’t have the proper boundaries they can attach themselves and drain the you-know-what out of us (hence my mention of alcohol impairing our judgement)….my last job(s) before leaving FL really were unhealthy (and don’t get me started on previous relationships lol) but I’d like to think it’s a lesson from the Universe….hoping things will continue to improve from here.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks for the new part, Dee!

Grateful for some warmer weather today.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 02-20-2024, 07:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hev, the girl you got sounds just perfect for you and your husband. I know you like the big ones and they are so hard to find homes. You did a great thing and I'm sure she already loves you. She is probably so pretty, I love those kinds of dogs. White against the white snow. They are supposed to have lovely temperaments too.
Good to see Fearless, so glad you had a fun day and no problems driving. They were showing the traffic on TV, it looked like a lot of people were going up there. Traffic jams on the way to Tahoe. Maybe as people leave the state, the traffic will get less. Wishful thinking.....There is always hope!
Free, still sending prayers for what happens next.
Serene Edition, so good to see you on morning grats and bedtime grats.
Purps, that's interesting. Sometimes weird stuff like that happens to me. I think the best advice and reminder was to keep my shields up and use the mirror technique. I would think you are an empath. I think I may have some qualities of that too, but I think I try to block it often. Somethings you don't want to see or know. I think that's why I get so affected by things.
Grateful to get up early, I can use the time for myself. Later I have to get up and get stuff for my mom and start my laundry, which I didn't feel like doing yesterday. I have to make some phone calls. This week is pretty open, so I took my chance to procrastinate again.
Grateful I thought of Aloe Vera juice for my ulcer. It really seems to help. Al least it feels better.
Grateful for all of you and so excited for Hevyn and the new pup! Do you feel comfortable telling us her name? Have a wonderful day, although it looks a little overcast here. I kind of hope it doesn't rain again. Grateful that the wind hasn't done too much damage. Love and peace to each of you.
Old 02-20-2024, 09:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Fearless glad you made it to Tahoe. Hope you have a fun and safe ski trip.
Serene Edition good to see you here.
NL armada, that is hilarious!
Alpine hope the ashiness stays away.
Purps boundaries are so important. I am still learning about them. Did not know or understand the term until the past few years really.
Hev can't wait to hear more about the new pup!
Free congrats on the grand baby !
Aly glad the aloe vera juice is helping.
FBL glad you are warming up some.

Grateful for a win in my first match of the season last night.
Grateful for good sleep in spite of a dream that was a little creepy.
Grateful for more sunshine.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for all of you!

Old 02-20-2024, 11:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I had trouble posting pics of our dog for some reason - so Least posted them for me on Whiners yesterday. I may try again later.
Fearless - Have a fabulous time!
NL - I'm sure your girl is just fine - she has a lovely mom. I never seem to find the right size in jeans these days. Addicted to leggings.
Free - Very glad you're feeling better. I love Norwegian Forest Cats - they're magnificent.
Purp - I have your same personality. Lucky us.
Aly - They had named her Daisy, which we're not real fond of - we may rename her, but she's used to it.
Grateful for our new girl - she's mostly lovely, but when MrH went to the gym today she acted out a bit. They have really bonded, & she let me know she wasn't happy when he left. She found her bag of treats & opened it - had a few before I discovered her. Then she took some potholders & had a little chomp on them. I have to remind myself she's still a puppy.
Grateful for continued weight loss, but I have to remember I'm losing muscle too - which means exercise is needed.
Grateful for bright sun today.
Grateful for your kindness & all the interesting posts.

Old 02-20-2024, 12:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Free, sure thing..I will finish putting the binding on it and put with a few other things to head your way.
NL, I used to always have a hard time finding pants that fit. Was quite annoying
Hev, I was having issues this morning with posting as well
CB, thanks and Yay for a win
Old 02-20-2024, 12:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

][/url]
Old 02-21-2024, 02:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good morning all
Grateful for technology..My MIL had locked herself out of her car just as I was getting ready to make dinner so Mr.A and I drove over to unlock her car for her because we have a spare for just in case reasons.
Grateful I slept fairly well
Grateful for the warm sun yesterday and to see this beautiful hawk sitting up on a branch. It looked like a big one
Grateful I should be able to wash my car off today from all of the salt...It is is supposed to be in the 50s.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Quick one today—out of town to give a presentation and need to cram!

Grateful
- I got to see bf yesterday at lunch
- I have been able to spend time with a wonderful colleague. She and I worked very closely in the bad old job and have both moved over to the same place. It is so much nicer not being under the strain of that place.
- for safe travels. On the way up I went to merge into another lane and almost hit a car. I feel terrible and also so lucky it didn’t turn out differently. I hope my colleague wasn’t too terrified.
- for the beautiful GP!
Old 02-21-2024, 05:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Grateful

to listen and take notes on another neuroscience podcast
I acted on podcast advise and went outside for for minutes looking at the earliest of awakening sky for 4”
coffee
Colorado
FINALLY feeling better, yesterday was the first
for being honest with son, he wanted to make luge tunnels in our yard, we said no. (It’s a drainage AND aesthetic thing)
all of you
Old 02-21-2024, 05:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well crap, I went to the Whiners thread hoping to get a glimpse of Hev’s new pup, but I can’t see the picture. Anyway, Congrats Hev & I hope all is going well!

Grateful for warmer temps here too but not too warm….’cause I’m a brat!

Grateful for another day in recovery