Notices

Thank You God Part 32

Old 03-19-2024, 05:07 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

I know there are challenges in life..some more difficult than others, so Thank you God for the strength to use them as stepping stones to have me grow and enjoy the life before me.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:40 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I've always believed the saying that God never gives us more than we can handle, in fact he usually gives us much more and pushes us to test our limits, to make sure we can walk through the fires in our lives and come out survivors as we depend on Him for all things. God, thank you for the tests I will endure today, and come out smiling and glorifying You, or contemplating what I could do better next time. Either way I will walk through the challenges you place before me and know that it's a testament to You that I can meet them head on.
Old 03-20-2024, 05:43 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you God for (yet another) good trip with my brother to get the staples taken out of his incision and have a short but productive conversation with his neurosurgeon. Thank you God for those moments when his memory is good, and we pray that it can only get better, that's not too much to ask, God. Thank you God for the light chores we got done around his house during the brief time I was there, and for the time I had at home to take care of my own chores.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:42 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

OK, where's sharon??

Thank you God for dinner with a great recovery friend. Lord, 19 years ago you placed Scott (also my name) in front of me and in some ways we saved each other's lives. As single fathers in the program we shared and experienced a lot together, and our friendship has remained strong. Wherever two gather, you are there God, and I'm so thankful that the two who gathered on a dark day in 2005 were Scott and I.
Old 03-22-2024, 08:41 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you God for propping my eyelids open, "second winds", and how about a brief nap or two today to revive me and give me enough energy to get through the next two shifts? Thank you God for the opportunity I was presented with last night, the hours were a little too long but I was honored to fill a critical position and learn some new things on the job, change is good!
Old 03-23-2024, 07:38 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you God for the kind of deep, deep sleep that comes from sheer exhaustion after working a few too many years, but I am also thankful that when our work crew is crippled by people calling off sick that we can band together and get the job done. Thank you God for that teamwork, and for the comradery that our crew shares, the gentle hearted teasing and cajoling, the smiles and laughter. Nothing can make a long night of work better than sharing the bonds that you God nurture within us.

Thank you God for blessing my friend Tom J with 45 years of sobriety, for the mentorship that he has provided to me and many others, and for his spreading of your Good Word to everyone he encounters.
Old 03-23-2024, 08:35 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Where is Sharon? Hope you are okay
Thank you God for my good sleep last night and the strength in my body to shovel the snow we got. The fresh air felt good in my Lungs
Old 03-24-2024, 02:42 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Thank you God for the beauty that snow brings to our world. I love seeing the contrast in colors with the birds in an otherwise black and white world. The "simplest" of things often bring the most joy.
Old 03-24-2024, 02:17 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am praying for sharon and hope that everything's alright with her.

Thank you God for the howl of the wind, the sound of the rain on a metal roof, and the warmth of a woodstove. Thank you for steaks with mushrooms and green beans cooked on the propane stove, a glorious sunset, and our breakfast of instant espresso, maple breakfast sausage, blackberries, and scrambled eggs with more mushrooms. These simple pleasures make for such a perfect weekend and a time to read, nap, and relax. We are grateful oh Lord!
Old 03-25-2024, 08:56 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you God for this new day when I awoke 6' above ground and breathing, I will be grateful for it and do my absolute best to enjoy each moment as You've intended and created it to be. Thank you God for my health, I'm concerned about some recent pains and can't get in to see my physician until May, but I will trust that You have the best in mind for me, that everything's OK and there is nothing for me to over-worry about. Thank you God for your daily provisions for our family, we have everything we need and more, there is no need for us to be concerned about income or having enough, Your blessings are always more than that.
Old 03-26-2024, 05:44 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Our sins are forgiven, so thankful for that. Thank you God for this fact is present throughout the Bible, if we follow your Word our sins are erased. Thankful to have an understanding of that, and to know that I will never be perfect, it's just not possible.
Old 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you God for the experiences that shape and mold us, for good or bad, we learn from each and every one. Thank you God that my past can't define me, but the knowledge I have from the mistakes I've made has made me a better man, husband, and father than I ever was.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:13 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Thank you God for every breath I am able to take. Life is darn short and it is important to cherish each and every day.
Old 03-28-2024, 05:26 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you God for this new day, another trip with my brother for a medical visit, and some time to help him take a home Covid test and do some work on his house. God, I am tired at times but I know You have a plan for me, and part of that plan may be that I never fully understand what my role is. I will do my best to trust that it is good, for everything is good with you Lord, even though I may be challenged at times.
Old 03-29-2024, 07:45 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you God for our sorta small but absolutely beautiful backyard, a refuge from the heat, our place to garden and a home for our turtle. Thank you God for my wife's efforts to make things grow in the heat of the desert, and for the water which keeps it all alive and blooming. Thank you God for our swimming pool, we'll be using it soon enough to cool off.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:31 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you God for patience, even when it comes to someone else's pets. These dogs we're watching are doing their best to eat every living plant in our backyard, it's like they're on a constant feeding frenzy, but we're gonna love on them and gently discipline. Thank you God for these animals that bring so much joy along with a little frustration to our lives
Old 03-31-2024, 06:44 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The King Is Risen! Thank you God, for your death in forgiveness of our sins, the burial, and the mightiest of resurrections.
Old 04-01-2024, 07:59 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you God for a "down day" here at home. Nothing urgent to take care of, nothing pressing on our minds, nothing that requires immediate attention. These are the days when we can reflect on You and your will for us, the Good Word and how we should be following it, and placing You in the center of our hearts and thoughts. Thank you God for each day, as they all should be like this.
Old 04-02-2024, 05:37 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you God for always bringing old friends back together in different ways, and at different times. I am thankful that throughout my days I'm reacquainted with co-workers and occasionally a friend from long ago. These are not random encounters, I believe You always have a reason for bringing us back together. Sometimes a lesson, sometimes for support, and at times it's to help each other emotionally. And while I consider myself an introvert, it's at these times I believe You want the extrovert in me to come out and proclaim my love for You.
Old 04-03-2024, 03:17 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

God, praying for travel and health mercies for my wife and I as we head in different directions over the weekend. Thank you Lord for keeping us safe, we ask for smooth flights and a splendid time with our families, may we be instruments of peace and followers of Your Good Word.