Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 121

Old 02-13-2023, 01:52 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Whoops, Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. It is very much appreciated.
Old 02-14-2023, 02:06 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and clean today ☼
Old 02-14-2023, 02:06 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and clean today ☼
Old 02-14-2023, 02:10 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Grateful that I can celebrate Valentines Day however I want….or not at all….but I’m not going to the bar to get wasted like I used to!
Old 02-14-2023, 02:17 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Morning all

Today I'm grateful that things (touch wood) are moving along with the sale of my aunt's place
Grateful for a beautiful walk through the woods yesterday evening at sundown. Those woods are my soul place
Grateful to be seeing friends later after Tai Chi class
Grateful we're moving closer to Spring every day
Grateful to be alive, here, breathing, now

Free – hope your eye gets better

Fearless – Superbowl leftovers sound gooood

Hevyn – may your life remain drama-free :-)

CBS – good luck with the taxes. I'm knee-deep in something similar right now and I really don't have ahead for numbers!

Zura – I Googled Huntsman spider. Holy mackerel.....

Old 02-14-2023, 04:09 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Free, so sorry about your eye—and your MIL!

Grateful my parents made it here safely last night.
Grateful I have my friend on my divorce case now. I feel like I’m Jennifer Coolidge’s character in Legally Blonde and she’s Elle Woods helping me to get my dog back. Only she really knows what she’s doing.
Grateful I have therapy today.
Grateful one way or the other this event I’ve been working on will be over tomorrow.
Grateful the distraction of these big deliverables has me less nervous about this other meeting today where I have to diplomatically confront some people we don’t want to tick off but also need to call on some bull.
Grateful for people who are taking care of kids with really high needs. I wish they had more support.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 02-14-2023, 04:16 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Free, sorry about your eye. Gosh how long is that going to take
Grateful to have spent most of the day at the house. I didn't do a whole lot but it was nice just the same
Grateful my butter garlic shrimp that I made for my MIL and myself turned out great. I added extra garlic.
Grateful it was sunny yesterday
Grateful to have received a couple of PMs, thanks so much, I truly appreciate it
Grateful I kind of slept
Grateful I may do some sewing with the industrial sewing machine we have. This machine can go through very thick fabric/multiple layers. Keep your hands back!

Old 02-14-2023, 04:16 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 02-14-2023, 04:32 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Coming in quickly - big hugs to Alpine for whatever you're going through.
Turs, I agree with NL that it takes a lot to reflect on past behavior, and I've felt the same about myself when I was drinking (not enough self-awareness, openly critical and/or excessively glib, etc).

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for my little team at work.
Grateful for no presentations this week.
Grateful to have an honest conversation with one of the top folks in our org, where she was vulnerable and I was too (unheard of for me normally in a work setting).
Grateful to be there for my kids, especially when they're struggling like now, even though I don't have a lot of power to change things for them.
Grateful my dad is swimming laps again, and seems to enjoy it.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 02-14-2023, 05:41 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Grateful planning on picking up sewing machine in two weeks from ex husbands home
Grateful I’m making coffee soon
Grateful I’m practicing honesty in admitting a wrong I did, I guess being a jerk isn’t just for active drunks😟
Grateful for crappy sleep
Grateful our flight home isn’t cancelled…..yet
Grateful for SR, and our connections.
Old 02-14-2023, 06:59 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Alpine, lol about Mr A’s underwear 😂 seriously sending you extra love vibes on Valentine’s Day!
Jack, glad the sale is moving along
Numblady, Jennifer Coolidge. Lol! So glad for your divorce lawyer friend helping you
Grateful to handle yesterday surprisingly calmly. After sonny boy accidentally broke his laptop a few weeks ago, yesterday he came home with a phone that had been dropped finally one to many times and is now dead. Grateful that even though big time carelessness is the cause, these last couple of incidents did not stem from angry outbursts. That’s progress. Now we have to work on self and situational awareness to prevent future mistakes. Grateful for natural consequences as the biggest punishment is the mistakes themselves, being isolated from friends and without devices, and working and waiting to replace them. Fortunately, the phone was insured so I filed the claim and should have a replacement soon. Sonny boy will have to pay the deductible
Grateful Mr f went to the store this morning to get oat milk for my coffee
Grateful for Valentine’s Day and no big celebration plans. Sweet card from Mr F
Grateful for one short work meeting
Grateful for you! Love ❤️
Old 02-14-2023, 07:06 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Free, what kind of sewing machine is it?
Old 02-14-2023, 09:07 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Grateful that on a walk with friends last weekend, we saw a large flock of Cedar Waxwings. I've been on the lookout for them all winter and this is the first flock I've seen. One of my favorite birds.
Grateful for tea and my space heater.
Grateful to go away for a short camping trip this week, just one night.
Grateful for my health.
Grateful for this group.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:35 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

It’s a singer, Alpine. I’m sure it’s just been sitting in its cabinet un oiled and unused. I’ll also get the quilt top and bottom pieces hopefully not moldy sitting in ex’ basement. I couldn’t find any cabinets like it on internet, hence the trip to IL to see daughter, meet her husband, and give them a huge hug for becoming first time parents in a few months.

The eye. I will schedule a risky procedure in December if it’s still horrible. The procedure is called pars plana vitrectomy, where they suck out all the “juice” (vitreous), place a bubble in the eye, and you need to be face down 23 hours a day for three weeks, and if I go back home in the mountains too soon, my eye could explode from bubble expansion 🌋. So, not looking forward to that, and risk of blindness and infection is very real…….so will wait out the aggravation for six 8 more months.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:36 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Wow, fearless, seems like you got your son that phone not too long ago….or was that NL? So discombobulated, on very little sleep, flight might be cancelled, just at airport waiting.

Love and hugs to ALL ♥️🤓
Old 02-14-2023, 10:17 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Hi all. Checking in real quickly on a work break. Caught up on reading.

Sending well wishes to all especially Alpine and Free.

Grateful for a sunny day.
Grateful for a tennis lesson this morning.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for my job even though I am having to learn some new things that make me feel overwhelmed. Good for the brain right?
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Happy Valentine's Day
Old 02-14-2023, 10:25 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - Has the underwear been discovered?
Free - Hoping that procedure won't be necessary!
Fearless - You're so right to insist he take responsibility. I was the worst for caving - did my son no good.
Grateful for another sunny day - must be a record.
Grateful for an unusually sentimental card & chocolate today.
Grateful for decent sleep a few nights in a row. I'm thinking I might have overdone the coffee.
Grateful to be a part of your lives. Been here on SR for 15 yrs. & have 'met' some wonderful people.
Old 02-14-2023, 01:02 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Good morning all 🌞

Alpine - glad you got a bit of sleep. Too funny of Mr A re the underwear joke 😂. I think often of you as you go through this.

CK, purps, FBL - good morning to you all ☺️.

Jack - so wonderful you have a soul place! Haha I googled huntsman's to see what the fuss was about and Google does make them look terrifying. They are quite harmless as far as spiders go here (it's usually the little species that are deadly venomous). Extremely common to have huntsman's visiting houses, they're sort of a national mascot and many people name them and talk to them. "Hello Henry, you're looking well today" 😂. I was just traumatised from the incident when I was a kid and one ran across my face whilst strapped in my car seat. I screamed so loud I almost made my dad crash the car. I still remember the whole family standing on the side of the road while dad tried to find it.....to no avail. Then the sinking feeling when we all had to get back in the car and drive a few hours home. It was a very quiet, tense car ride 😂.

NL - I'm so relieved you have someone you can trust to assist you with the divorce.

PS - yay for no presentations! I'm glad you had a mutual moment with someone in your org and hope it helped you feel supported.

Fearless - Are all Sonny boys carbon copies of each other 😂 my son used to smash device screens in a rage. He was quite young then and hasn't done it for many, many years. Glad your son isn't doing it intentionally anymore. TBH my phone has a cracked screen and the case is all busted up as well from having butter fingers. It's amazing it still works but I wont get a new one until it's non functional as it won't be long until a new looks like my old one 😂. I buy extremely cheap phones for myself for this reason lol.

Turs - have a wonderful camping trip. I googled Cedar Waxwing and what a magnificent creature, no wonder you've been looking out for a sighting of them.

Free - so beyond sorry about your eye 🥺 and the surgery/aftercare sounds absolutely terrifying. You've been so extremely brave but it must be scary and upsetting. Big hugs.

CBS - glad work is keeping you sharp mentally, although overwhelming. I'm pretty sure all the cogs in mine have rusted up completely from lack of use but I'm ok with that, it was actually my goal 😂. Too much overthinking and stimulation.

Hev - I'm so glad you got a thoughtful gift Hev. I'm so grateful for you and all our friends also ❤️.

This morning I am grateful:
- for all the city services and people who repair the infrastructure. We sure are spoilt.
- for nature, such a salve for the soul. My vampire cave dwelling son has taken to having his morning coffee outside 😳 and hasn't burst into flames 😂. Whilst his eyes are glued to his phone I'm pleased he's finally venturing outside. With miracles such as these, dare I hope showering more regularly might become a thing too? I have big dreams 😂.
- to have watched Where the Crawdads Sing last night when I couldn't sleep and been riveted.

Have a great day everyone ❤️.
Old 02-14-2023, 01:36 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Free, that is scary stuff, I hope it doesn't come to that. I would love to see the quilt you are working on. As you know I do quilting.
No, the underwear has not been discovered. Hmmm LOL
Old 02-15-2023, 02:48 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Grateful to have spoken with Mr. A on the phone last night
Grateful I used my industrial sewing machine yesterday. It took a little while to relearn it because it is different than my other one.
Grateful for the sun yesterday
Grateful it was warm enough for me to eat lunch sitting outside
Grateful I kind of slept last night
Grateful that I will have the other set of tests done today
Grateful for the valintines card Mr. A had hidden in my jacket. I hid one in his luggage.