Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 97

Old 12-23-2022, 08:16 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

BKA, I am grateful you had such a good visit with your dad.

Tonight I'm grateful for heat in my apt and food to eat and my critters, who make my life so wonderful.
Old 12-24-2022, 06:56 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
BKA. that visit with your Dad sounds very special, thank you for sharing that part of it with us

Grateful to be home after dealing with some very unpleasant guests at work last night.
Grateful for another three nights off before I begin a long run of nightly events.
Grateful for our mischevious pup, his character is really coming out and oh is he lively!

I'm off to try a new veggie breakfast casserole recipe!
Old 12-24-2022, 07:35 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Eve all,

Tonight I'm grateful for
- not hitting my SIL's car backing out of the driveway
- another visit with my Dad
- my headlights working (I thought they weren't working but they were just muddy from the snow)
- the teens and college kids making us all laugh at dinner.

Peace to you all.
Old 12-24-2022, 10:27 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Grateful to drive around with Mr F and sonny boy and see Christmas Lights then watch Rudolph then play Aggravation
Grateful for posole
Grateful for a sunset hike
Merry Christmas all!
Old 12-25-2022, 06:20 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

I'm always a bit grateful to get through Christmas with no mishaps. I suppose this is a bit of a downer attitude but it is a bit stressful. Everything seemed to go well. I spent maximum time with my Dad and we had a good time watching the Vatcan's Midnight mass on Youtube.

And as always; I am grateful to you all.
Old 12-25-2022, 08:37 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Merry Christmas y'all, I hope it was a wonderful day! My wife and I spoiled each other a bit after we got home from 24 hours with my stepdaughter and her family, it was a fun and beautiful way to spend the day.

Grateful for the canning set and digital meat thermometer my wife gave me, and a cool cordless mini chainsaw.
Grateful for the yummy meals, gotta get back on that diet lol.
Grateful for our visits with my brother and our old neighbors on the way home.
Grateful our dog got to play with so many other pets over the last couple days.
Old 12-25-2022, 08:57 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas and happy Hanukkah to my fellow bedtime gratters! I hope you all had lovely, safe holidays.

Has anyone heard from Aly or Alpine??

Astro, Fearless, BKA and Least I am sending you all love! Reading your grats makes me happy (and often hungry!).

Grateful for working heat. Grateful that I was able to thaw my frozen pipes yesterday without having to call a plumber. Grateful that my annual performance bonus was higher than expected and covered most of the cost of my dogs surgery. Grateful for a quiet, peaceful weekend with my dogs and cat. Grateful that the winter depression is being held at bay for now.
Old 12-26-2022, 07:31 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

No word from Aly in a long time, I've seen Alpine on another thread. AT, I'm glad you were able to thaw those pipes also and hopefully didn't have any leaks. Well done!

Grateful I have a new garden hose that my wife gifted me with, I can wash my truck today!
Grateful for some more of the holiday flavor K-cups, currently enjoying a Red Velvet Cupcake coffee.
Grateful we can have a fire this evening, Christmas is always a "No Burn" day in Phoenix.
Grateful for a date this afternoon to see the new Avatar movie.

Y'all continue to be safe and warm, sending lots of love your way.
Old 12-26-2022, 04:45 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Man Autumn, we haven't heard from Aly in a long time. I hope she is okay.

tonight I'm grateful for
- my in laws letting me stay for a night
- dropping off electronics for recycle at Best Buy
- a good talk with a friend who works with gardening and at-risk youth - uplifting to hear what she does
- a phone call from my teenage nephew

Onward to 2023 and whatever it holds.
Old 12-26-2022, 07:26 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I hope Aly is ok too! Thanks you, BKA and Astro. Glad Alpines been around on another thread. That's the one thing that bothers me about anonymity. You can't check on someone! As a social worker I'm primed to worry more than most but I'm sure we all wonder and worry when someone goes quiet for a long time. I still wonder about Daisybelle and her friend with ALS all the time too. You all matter to me! Grateful for you all. Grateful for good days with no depression. Grateful that my dog only has 3 more days of this cone. We're all sick of it lol. Grateful to start the last season of His Dark Materials. Not my usual genre but I'll watch anything Ruth Wilson. Good night, all!
​​​​
Old 12-26-2022, 07:35 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Autumn, I'm with you in that I struggle when someone drops of these Forums. I gave my real name to Anna so if I go missing she could look me up and figure out what is going on. I figure it is a kindness to others like you and myself.
Old 12-26-2022, 08:10 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for the love and company of Billie and my cats.
Old 12-27-2022, 04:51 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for the new Avatar movie, free popcorn, a theater that serves burgers and pizza, and a handmade ice cream afterwards.
And now I'm grateful for my diet after all that lol!
Grateful to be dressed to work a bowl game tonight, sorta dreading the long nights ahead but also excited to get back in the swing of working events after the holidays.
Grateful for this lifeline called SR, it's here when we want and need it, and we can pray for others who have come and gone, that they may return.
Old 12-27-2022, 04:57 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Altho I've not been feeling very well and have been in bed a lot the last several days, I am very grateful for my comfy bed, provided by my daughter and son in law.
Old 12-27-2022, 05:10 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Tonight I'm grateful for
- another good visit with my Dad
- finally getting ahold of my aunt so she could talk to Dad
-buying some clothes and supplies for Dad
- a lovely beef Thai salad
- getting my computer back after I left it at the restaurant

The day had some blips in it like losing my computer, not being able to get my Dad's phone working, not sure what to do as I have schedule conflicts; however I worked through these with no disasters and for this I am grateful.
Old 12-28-2022, 04:45 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for a lunch bag that was filled with healthy choices yesterday, and I'll repeat it today.
Grateful for a fun evening at work, a pleasant crowd and the friendly Wisconsin fans.
Grateful for a supervisor and coworkers that I haven't seen much of since baseball season closed.
Grateful for a few hours of sleep, it's going to be a long day and an even longer week.
Old 12-28-2022, 06:32 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for
- the high desert that I drove into today
- cooperating with my siblings to help my dad
-airbnbs

Good night practitioners of gratitude
Old 12-28-2022, 06:50 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Tonight I'm grateful for a pkg that came today, a gift from a dear friend. Grateful for friends.
Old 12-29-2022, 04:42 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for my little furry friend Bear, who greets me late at night when I crawl into bed with puppy kisses, and is eager to play as I'm getting ready for work in the morning.
Grateful for the meals my wife leaves in the fridge, I'm usually so hungry when I arrive after an evening shift.
Grateful for the conversation and companionship last night, and some very good friends that I've made.
Grateful for the people that love me, because deep down I'm saddened by the lack of contact from my children.
Old 12-30-2022, 09:15 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

So grateful, thank you God for light attendance again and an early release from an event I'm working this week, there's a light at the end of this tunnel and I feel a sense of relief at this work assignment coming to a close.
Grateful for another Misfit Market shipment, lots of healthy produce and organic snacks to choose from, and a great deal on olive oil.
Grateful I'm able to help my wife today with taking some of the holiday decorations down, she's not feeling well.