Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 96

Old 09-05-2022, 08:05 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Today I missed our family zoom meeting but my sisters called me afterwards and we had a long talk. I am grateful for their consideration and a good conversation.
Old 09-06-2022, 05:39 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful for burnt ends, pinto beans, and pesto roasted red potatoes. That made a great Labor Day dinner.
Grateful to spend some time in the pool yesterday after getting our yard cleaned up nicely.
Grateful for a long guitar practice, some successes and failures, all progress.
Grateful my wife and dog are back home after spending Sunday evening with the grandkids.
Old 09-06-2022, 07:52 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Good evening. I have the window open and can hear the night time summer sounds which is lovely.

After a week of feeling puny, today's goal was to eat lots which I did and for this I am grateful.

Also I have been feeling a bit left out and alone and today I made two plans to get together with friends and I feel good about that.
Old 09-06-2022, 08:13 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Grateful to spend time with a friend's kids last night. Grateful to apply for some new jobs today. Even if I don't get them, the prospect is relieving some of my work dread. Grateful to have found potential housing for two of my older veterans. Grateful for the post rain chill in the air tonight. Grateful for Pick Up Limes that gives me so many yummy vegan recipes for free. Amazing! Good night all!
Old 09-07-2022, 05:43 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for a few nights off work this week before I begin a 9 night stretch of doubles.
Grateful for guitar practice and Life Below Zero.
Grateful to hear from an old friend after he got home from his Costa Rica trip.
Grateful for oven baked chicken and healthy side dishes.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:39 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Good evening Grats,

I had a good day. Having been a bit under the weather, I have been pretty isolated and feeling down. Today I went on a 10 mile bike ride in which I met up with a friend and also went to a new knitting group which was lovely.

For this I am grateful.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:51 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am grateful to be feeling better today. . I've been feeling crummy and in pain for a long time and it's nice to not feel awful for a change.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:41 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Least, I'm so thankful that the pain subsided at least a little, and praying for more so that you are free from this

Grateful to hear Sammy Hagar sing lots of songs from "back in my day".
Grateful for this dog nipping at my feet every morning and wanting to play.
Grateful that my employer is keeping us on a hybrid schedule.
Grateful again for the hobbies that keep my mind engaged and healthy.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:59 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Least it is so damn good to hear that you feel better.

I'm feeling a bit down as adopting the dog for my Goddaughter fell though but I am glad that I tried and that it got me a bit of interaction with her as we drove to the animal shelter.

Also got back on my stair refinishing project which feels good.

So today I didn't drink and I showed up the best I could for what is around me and for that, I am grateful.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:01 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
So today I didn't drink and I showed up the best I could for what is around me and for that, I am grateful.
That's a good reminder for all of us, and I hope your goddaughter keeps trying to adopt and is successful soon. My wife and I are enjoying our new rescue very much, he's a little handful and housetraining continues to be a bit of a challenge.

Grateful for my morning routines and enjoying every bite of my healthy breakfast sandwich.
Grateful for a short road trip we have planned for this afternoon to take a friend out for her birthday dinner.
Grateful to hear from my sweet daughter this morning.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:54 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Thanks Astro.

Tonight I'm grateful:
- I figured out how to fix the clock on the coffee maker
-sanded and stained another step on the front stairs
-for giving my flower garden a good soaking
- a good bunch of late summer autumn blooming plants

Sleep well good people.
Old 09-10-2022, 07:26 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for a good rainshower, the remnants of a hurricane.
Grateful for Mexican food for dinner.
Grateful to be up early, the pup is rarin' to go! He's getting good about going outside though so that is good.
Grateful for hard boiled eggs, a smoothie, English muffin, and hot coffee.
Old 09-10-2022, 08:53 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Astro I haven't had an English muffin in years and I love them! I'm adding them to my grocery list.
BKA, 10 miles is a serious bike ride!! Good for you!
Grateful to meet some new folks at synagogue last night. I need to continue to try and make friends. Grateful almost everyone I meet there is sober. Grateful to be able to help a friend out today. Grateful to have cleaned my kitchen floor.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:14 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

My renter borrowed his friend's dog for his teenage daughter today. I love how this guy does his best to help his struggling girl.

For him and for all parents who show up and do what they can for their children, I am deeply grateful.
Old 09-11-2022, 01:34 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for Billie's love and devotion. She is my soulmate and such a huge part of me. She has my heart. . I am grateful I adopted her over six years ago.
Old 09-11-2022, 06:11 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful that I'll have the opportunity to get a little more sleep tonight, exhaustion is here once again.
Grateful for the meals I squeezed into a busy work day yesterday.
Grateful to be throwing a pull toy for my dog this morning, he's got more energy than I do right now.
Grateful for everyone here on SR, thank you for helping me along with my sobriety, one more day.
Old 09-11-2022, 06:13 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for all of you. Reading about the rich lives and ups and downs one can navigate as a sober person helps me every day. Grateful to be sober. Grateful to be in bed early, showered, with breakfast and lunch prepped for tomorrow. I still get some Sunday scaries but at least I've done what I can to prepare. Grateful for my little dog who, like Least's Billie, is very much my soulmate and constant companion. Have an easy week, all!
Old 09-11-2022, 08:13 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

I had a pretty good day of working on the steps, bit of gardening, and a zoom call with family. All good.

Best part of the day was the teenager next door got me to drive with him (he is working on his 50 hours of driving with a permit). We drove a lovely loop that takes us down a dirt road into a beautiful valley, then along a 2 lane road and then a 4 lane highway. We talked of every thing from the genetics of dogs, inbreeding to football and if he should play this year. He is a big guy and promised a friend who died this summer that he would play. On the down side he really doesn't want to play foot ball. All this felt like good conversation and good time with a kid.

I am grateful for moments like these. So often I can't do a darn thing for our wounded world (hmmm . . . I continually struggle with this) but occasionally I can do something that feels positive in many ways.

Sleep well all and may you start your week rested and ready for what ever comes.
Old 09-11-2022, 10:43 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am grateful for family and friends. . Especially grateful for my daughter ck and her lovely hubby. They brought me to CA so they could look after me and they are doing it. . I am truly blessed.
Old 09-12-2022, 07:50 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by AutumnTree View Post
I still get some Sunday scaries but at least I've done what I can to prepare.
That's the first time I've heard someone else share about "Sunday scaries", I used to have a cloud of doom hanging over me on Sundays (before I found my way to recovery) as I dreaded what the week ahead held for me. I am so, so grateful that sobriety gradually took that fear away and now I can't wait for what the week ahead has in store for me.

BKA - Your drive sounds like a great experince and I'm sure that young man is grateful for your company and guidance.

Grateful our new dog is getting some more shots and a check-up this morning, almost time for him to go on walks and to the local dog park!