Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 110

Old 10-14-2021, 09:17 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Not morning anymore but this pic was my view for breakfast. Got here late last night.

Grateful for my friend that shares her piece of heaven.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for work flexibility. I have a meeting tonight and Sunday so get to take today off.
Grateful for a beautiful walk on the beach this morning.
Grateful for SR and all of you.

Old 10-14-2021, 02:54 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

CBS - Nothing like a huge expanse of water to improve our mood.
Grateful for another warm & sunny day.
Grateful for Amazon - they haven't let me down (yet).
Grateful MrH loves his new grill & had it delivered already assembled. (No drama )
Grateful for the ability to shake off a gloomy mood.
Grateful for each of you.
:
Old 10-14-2021, 10:24 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for another sober day
Grateful for my morning coffee
Love and hugs to all Grat Pack
Old 10-15-2021, 03:56 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Starting with prayer for Aly and for least to find pain relief.

Grateful for Turs’ sweet bond with her sister and that they can be together
Grateful a cold front is coming.
Grateful for working plumbing and electricity.
Grateful to have gotten a good night of sleep, even though I had to get up once.
Grateful to have my wits about me.
Grateful for this group.
Old 10-15-2021, 04:15 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

CBS, that looks like absolute heaven.
Fearless, you definitely need to try Ipsy - you complete a detailed survey and then they send you monthly packages of sample sizes for like $12. I'm a little embarrassed to admit how fun and life-changing it's been! Also, so happy to hear about the sales coach. It definitely sounds like he's doing his job, if you're feeling more confident! Good luck with your presentations.
NL, glad your son is exploring HS sports - a whole new world! I remember being shocked that they started fall season training in July, going into practices every day of the week, including days off school.
Hev, so happy you're settling in and now have a stress-free grill to admire!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for a telework day.
Grateful it's Friday.
Grateful we're making some real progress to (finally) finalize this project, even though it's taken longer than I expected - as things always seem to.
Grateful for a beautiful, quiet morning.
Grateful that my younger son is putting so much effort into his HS experience.
Grateful to be able to watch Squid Game with my older son, even though it's unbelievably violent - the acting and storyline are good, and it's interesting to think about South Korean culture.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:51 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Turps, I can’t imagine losing my husband after my parents. I’m glad you have your sister and other support around you ❤️
CBS, what a beautiful place and inspiring picture. I’m hoping to get out for a coastal hike this weekend. It will be solitary since Mr F is sick. Maybe I’ll call a friend. But I sort of like the idea of being alone
Palmer, IPSY now on my monthly pampering list. Yay! Looks like a great deal!
Least, thinking of you
Still hoping for Aly’s return. Grateful for the ways she has touched my life. I was lucky to meet her in person one time. She is a beautiful soul.
Grateful my meetings, though one in particular was extremely stressful because the client screamed profanities while venting to me for 45 minutes, went well. I felt confident and was able to be helpful
Grateful to put thugs in perspective as far as remembering most of the things I stress about are really not that big of a deal.
Grateful to remember I don’t have to do everything alone and there is a lot of support around me.
Grateful/not grateful to cancel dinner tonight. Mr F has the flu. We will reschedule with friends a d are going to see them next weekend anyway for another event
Grateful it’s Friday
Grateful to feel more control over my life though I must remember the serenity prayer
Grateful to also remember the sick man prayer which I think Daisy for telling me about
Grateful also for One Day At A Time which I credit Aly for always mentioning. ((((Aly)))

Old 10-15-2021, 08:34 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

My prayers for Aly and Least have gone up too. You are loved & missed.
Fearless - Sorry to hear MrF has the flu - hoping it will leave him quickly!
PalmerSage - I watched the Squid Game trailer. Not sure if I can hack it, but might give it a shot. Something different for sure.
Grateful our Numblady has her wits about her. Heaven knows it's not easy these days.
Grateful to be more open minded.
Grateful to turn off the whining.
Grateful for everyone here - you're the best.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:22 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Grateful for restful sleep.
Grateful for good companionship with my sister.
Grateful for beautiful fall weather and the leaves turning.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:23 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

((((Aly)))) and ((((Least))))

Turs so glad you a have a good bond with your sister. My sister and I are not very close but we are on okay terms at least.
Hev how do you turn off the whining? I am not good at that. Something I need to improve. I am trying though.
Fearless I hope Mr. F is better soon and you stay well.
Palmer it is so good that your son is engaged in his school.That is healthy and a good sign. One of my daughters went way off the rails in HS and we had to intervene and send her to a wilderness program. She is good now though.
NL I am glad you have your wits about you. PAWS keeps pushing me to the edge.
Mags love and hugs to you too.

Grateful that I was able to get an appointment for my colonoscopy and endoscopy next Friday. My original appt. was not until Nov. 1 and I want to get it over with and see what is going on.
Grateful for another beautiful day down on the coast.
Grateful my son is getting settled in his new apartment and adjusting to his newly single life.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and all of you.

Old 10-15-2021, 10:12 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Magsie

Numblady I’ll join you if I may in Starting with prayer for Aly and for least to find pain relief.

CBS enjoy your break with a stunning view.

Fearless hugs for Mr. F…hoping is flu goes quickly.

Grateful it’s a Saturday Sober Morning.
Grateful for all your inspiring Grats.
Old 10-16-2021, 04:40 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and clean today

My best koala vibes to Aly and Leigh ☼
Old 10-16-2021, 05:04 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for some cooler weather.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:35 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Continuing the prayers for Aly and least.

Grateful y’all let me get away with saying I had my wits about me. I really meant that I am sober but I probably gave myself too much credit by using that phrase!
Grateful that I started and ended my day driving carpools. The morning shift was 4 extra boys, 2 6th graders and 2 8th graders. (My son actually stayed home because he started coughing and had a sore throat but it’s not Covid and he ended up being totally fine all day, sigh). Lots of young bravado and we touched on everything from whether the patriarchy has anything to do with mom jokes and whether Mark Twain was an anti-imperialist to them making fun of the song “Let it Go” and we capped it off with one of them cuing up Billy Bragg’s “Internationale” (or something like that…I had never heard it before). It was quite a ride. Then, at 8:30 p.m. (imagine that, driving all over at 8:30 p.m. with lots of young lives on a Friday night) I picked up my daughter + 4 of the other girls from dance. Talking some about boys who go to different schools and whether they are nice or not, talking about dogs, and school applications, lots of laughter. I mean there was laughter with both groups but with the girls I just more listened to the overall cadence because it was harder to hear (they had a movie on). I was so grateful to be present and able to just enjoy their voices and their giggles.
Grateful to be riding bikes with a very nice lady who will be willing to go a nice slow pace with me today.
Grateful I took the dog to the vet yesterday so she could get a heartworm test. The shelter she came from said she was negative but now they have no record of the test.
Grateful I can afford some dog training lessons—at least in terms fo money. In terms of time and energy, I’m less sure but I’ll figure it out!
Grateful for two nice nights of sleep. This morning I even went back to sleep after waking up at 5 for a potty break.
Grateful I’ll go to a party tonight but can just have delicious mocktails or iced tea and then safely drive home and interact with the sitter without wondering whether they can smell booze or if I seem off.
Grateful to be grappling with why my last therapy session was so rough. At least right now I feel like I can give my therapist some honest feedback about what was wrong with it. To briefly sum it up, it seems like she is beautifully gifted at channeling my children’s perspective but it feels like when she does that sometimes she can lose sight of how hard it is even for very well meaning parents to get it right and that I’m trying really, really hard. On balance I still think she is the right person for me. I just want to tell her that because I’m learning to speak up for myself. I don’t even care if I’m wrong, I still want to say it. And I guess there isn’t a wrong when it comes to feelings (though there can be right and wrong in terms of treatment and actions), which is another thing we are working on.
Grateful for a place to spew out my thoughts with my kind friends in the computer.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:44 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Thinking good thoughts for Aly and Least.
Fearless, thanks for mentioning the sick man's prayer, I hadn't heard of it and I need that reminder right now. I can relate to pretty much everything you said.
CBS, I'm so glad you were able to support your daughter through that rough patch! My son is only a freshman, so we will see if this level of engagement lasts.
Hev, I'm interested in what you think about Squid Game. "Different" is a really good way to describe it - lots of violence but also really moving with some great performances. It may or may not have caused me to google a Korean actor named Gong Yoo, who is not a main character but made a positive impression on me - ha!!!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to be concerned about my weight gain over the past few weeks, without going into a hopeless panic.
Grateful I still have two telework days. I really miss daily telework though.
Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful for a fun Marshall's purchase last night.
Grateful for my cozy window seat.
Grateful to notice that my neighbor is planting some little trees to try to hide his hideous boulder walls.
Grateful I've been too busy to worry about little things like that.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 10-16-2021, 07:27 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Mr F is watching Squid game! Almost done. He likes it. Very violent. Not for sonny boy
Numblady, grateful for your lost posts. Love the car ride stories. You are a cool mom for sure! Btw, I’ve had the same experience with my therapists. Just remember that even though they are professionals, they are not in your shoes
Grateful for a chill night with Mr F. He’s still recovering and think he’s got a sinus infection. We just hung out on the couch and watched GOT. Grateful for Chinese food takeout and hot and sour soup
Grateful sonny boy is at a sleep over
Grateful to be going for a run and hike later
Grateful to be more accepting of life’s ups and downs and change, and learn to ride out the waves
Grateful for all of you
Old 10-16-2021, 09:40 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Thinking of Aly and Least this morning.
Grateful for going to an actual movie in a theater last night. I'm triple vaccinated and there were only about 10 people in the matinee, so it felt pretty safe. Felt good to do something "normal" again.
Grateful for the good company of my sister.
Grateful for a beautiful sunny day.
Old 10-16-2021, 11:01 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Praying for our Aly and Least. We miss your presence here.
PalmerSage - I'll try to watch Squid Game at some point. I can sometimes tolerate violence if it's a good experience overall. Game of Thrones comes to mind. I almost stopped after the first episode...but am glad I stuck with it.
Numblady - It's good you plan to tell your therapist what's been on your mind. Maybe her observations are a bit one sided at times.
CBS - The whining resurfaces every day I have to tell Hev to shut up & remind myself of all my many blessings.
Grateful for the rain which will force me to stay inside & concentrate on what still needs attention.
Grateful I'm getting used to the stairs in this house & benefiting from going up & down a zillion times a day.
Grateful there's been no need to put the heat on yet. (Worried about natural gas costs this winter.)
Grateful to come here and read all your news.
Old 10-16-2021, 08:48 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for a quiet sober Sunday morning.
Grateful for my morning coffee.
Grateful to read all your inspiring Grats
Old 10-17-2021, 05:51 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Grateful I don’t drink. Went to our friends’ house last night and it was just a beautiful night. Kind of stressful because there was so much booze, and in particular wine. Just everywhere. Just flowing in a way that if I had been drinking I would have loved because no one would have noticed how much I was drinking (including me). It was a bit rocky there for a moment but that passed. And I enjoyed it but was happy to be the first couple to leave.
Grateful for our good friends.
Grateful my mom is honoring my brother today (tomorrow would have been his 41st birthday) at my sister’s pub, even if I can’t be there.
Grateful for beautiful cool weather.
Grateful the kids are old enough to get up and get their own darn breakfasts, even if they don’t always do it
Grateful for all of you, including especially Aly and least.
Old 10-17-2021, 06:20 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

NL, that scenario at your friends' house sounds tough - I'm glad you were able to convince your H to leave first!
Thanks to Hev and everyone about the reminders to stop whining. I'm very prone to it myself. I heard something a while ago that stuck with me, that whining is basically announcing "I'm powerless" to the world or something like that - I don't always remember it in the moment but it's something to think about I guess.
Fearless, your evening in with Chinese sounds so perfect.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful that I spent time cleaning, organizing, and even decorating yesterday. It takes me so long and I feel like it's always hard to make a dent in it before my family essentially "undoes" it all. But I got a little exercise and felt good about it.
Grateful my younger son took his girlfriend to the homecoming dance last night, he looked so handsome in his suit.
Grateful it's in the 50s right now! I'm so ready for fall weather.
Grateful my older son had a great XC meet. It was his last one and he set a personal record. He also saw his old friends from the town we used to live in, which was really nice.
Grateful to have a fireplace in my bedroom (which is not wood burning because that would be a mess).
Grateful I made it through my first week in the office last week, so this one HAS to be easier.
Grateful my older son is making some progress on his college essays that are due in less than two weeks. Grateful we've had some really good conversations about how much he's done to support his answers to the questions.
Grateful to be sober.